Hi Friends,
I have been following this site and appreciate the quality of information contributed by various members. Recently I have been planning to invest in a 3 bhk flat closer to chd IT park and with good surrounding environment. I have seen a few places in panchkula sec 20 and other upcoming areas but finally liked the housing society flat in mdc 6 near chd IT park. I do feel the price is quite high for a 2 bhk apartment however I also realize this area has great potential for appreciation in future.
Since I will be investing my hard earned salary based white money including heavy loan I only need to be convinced that this is not a very bad decision.
Do you think this is too high a price for this location or is there a better alternative?
Regards,
Imitz
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You may consider Bestech Park View Residences in Sector 66 Mohali. They shall surely come up good. Structure is ready. Possession by early 2014 max.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your suggestion Accurex. I was in fact looking for something which is ready to shift now and the area is habitable.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the name of society? I hope it is not HEWO, as i heard since transfer of flat is not legally involved so the sale only happens on GPA
    CommentQuote
  • I feel he is mentioning about 1st society on entering from Dolphin chowk. Its 2 BHK ready to move. If you have bulk of black money and to be invested soon it will be a right move. But if you are planning to buy taking bank loan..bank won't finance more than 40% of the mentioned amount. There are lot of vaiable options within range of 10-15 kms. from there where you can afford to buy a penthouse at 60 lakhs which will reach to 80lakhs in a year.. So, I won't say its a good investment coz I foresee that after a year it won't fetch more than 1.2 crore...and buyers will be less.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes that is costly indeed, but as the ^guy above posted ...there is less scope of appreciation and finding out buyers.
    Sector 20 do have really good apartments. try looking out for them. If you are more concerned about the investment part, then Panchkula sectors have always been a source of really good profits.
    A bit Old but nice built 3 BHKs are easliy avlbl around 80-85lacs (with lift) and at around 65lacs (w/o lifts)
    *These are surveyed prices. I too was interested in buying a 3-BHK in some urban area at around a month ago...but later on agreed on a buying a plot @Vishranti, Zirakpur. Ofcourse, had to sacrifice the dream of living in an urban area :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VikasVB
    I feel he is mentioning about 1st society on entering from Dolphin chowk. Its 2 BHK ready to move. If you have bulk of black money and to be invested soon it will be a right move. But if you are planning to buy taking bank loan..bank won't finance more than 40% of the mentioned amount. There are lot of vaiable options within range of 10-15 kms. from there where you can afford to buy a penthouse at 60 lakhs which will reach to 80lakhs in a year.. So, I won't say its a good investment coz I foresee that after a year it won't fetch more than 1.2 crore...and buyers will be less.

Thanks for the advice Vikas. You are right, I was talking about the "Yuva" society (1st society on dolphin chowk).
    I did find a seller who was ready for full registration (all white) but now have changed my mind based on the same reasons as mentioned by you. I am already looking out for options in sector 20 Panchkula now.
    CommentQuote
  • /
    Originally Posted by 1992vipul
    Yes that is costly indeed, but as the ^guy above posted ...there is less scope of appreciation and finding out buyers.
    Sector 20 do have really good apartments. try looking out for them. If you are more concerned about the investment part, then Panchkula sectors have always been a source of really good profits.
    A bit Old but nice built 3 BHKs are easliy avlbl around 80-85lacs (with lift) and at around 65lacs (w/o lifts)
    *These are surveyed prices. I too was interested in buying a 3-BHK in some urban area at around a month ago...but later on agreed on a buying a plot @Vishranti, Zirakpur. Ofcourse, had to sacrifice the dream of living in an urban area :(

Hey, if possible can your share the price at which you bought a plot. And what's the size of plot? I feel Vishranti will be fully developed in next 3-years coz buyers who can't afford Silver City / Skynet duplex/ Sushma duplex & plots at Peer Machalla are preferring to buy in Vishranti.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by imit009
    Thanks for the advice Vikas. You are right, I was talking about the "Yuva" society (1st society on dolphin chowk).
    I did find a seller who was ready for full registration (all white) but now have changed my mind based on the same reasons as mentioned by you. I am already looking out for options in sector 20 Panchkula now.

The cost at which you will be buying a 3BHK flat sector-20, at same price or a little lesser price you can buy a duplex of 150 sq. yards at Skynet Enclave, it will be ready to move & 100% occupancy. Its at Zirakpur and hardly 10min. from Sec20 crossing. You can check that option too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VikasVB
    /
    Hey, if possible can your share the price at which you bought a plot. And what's the size of plot? I feel Vishranti will be fully developed in next 3-years coz buyers who can't afford Silver City / Skynet duplex/ Sushma duplex & plots at Peer Machalla are preferring to buy in Vishranti.

I am yet to buy 1.
    the plot rates are about 25-27k psqyd
    CommentQuote