Hi friends!!

i was pursuing lot of threads and could not find any informative threads for investment in Real Estate in Bihar. My intention to start this thread to have a informative and productive discussion for the investments in Bihar.

So, i request to all the honorable Members to contibute here to achieve the mutual goals. Your suggestions, inputs and any short of contibution will be highly appreciated.

:bab (68):

Thanks in advance!!!
Read more
58 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi friends!!

As I am very keen to invest here in Real estate. But i could not find any good Development authority across the state. So, just confused.

In these days lot of construction of Highways are going on in Bihar. So, I was just planning to buy some acres of land along the highway, which can be futher utilized for Educational Institutes or Residential development etc.

To achieve such goal i would like to invite some like minded pleoples to come together to buy some chunk of land in good location. Your interests, suggestions or alternatives will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Exploration of Last Sunday i.e 14th April 2013, i have visited Some areas along East-West Corridoor (Muzaffarpur - Darbhanga Road) nera by SKMCH Hosp.

Last Sunday i.e 14th April 2013, i have visited Some areas along East-West Corridoor (Muzaffarpur - Darbhanga Road) nera by SKMCH Hospital for some investment purposes. The area seems great potential as well located, connectivity wise and suites to my requirement.

i have a meeting with some Property dealer of the Area and discussed about the prospects. The only discouraging thing was the Rate of the land. They are offering 15-16 Lacs for 1760 Sqft on the Main Road and approx. 6-7 Lacs on the interior. So could not decide on the Investment and returned empty handed.

But, in my point of view, it worth exploring new options with reasonable Rates. I will appreciate any inputs or value addition in the similar properties from our fellow members.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks === good thread
    CommentQuote
  • Seems....no members interested to discuss real Estate opportunity in Bihar....But again i am insisting..it worth exploring the same....
    CommentQuote
  • Why Taj Mahals not coming up now: Bihar CM

Why structures like Taj Mahal are not coming up these days?" asked chief minister Nitish Kumar while suggesting to building engineers to construct strong, stunningly attractive and earthquake-resistant buildings.
    Kumar was addressing the inaugural assembly of the midterm session of Indian Building Congress at S K Memorial Hall in the city on Friday. Over 500 building engineers, architects and realtors from across the country are attending the three-day meet, the first in Bihar.

"The government's signature buildings should be strong and stunningly attractive. Have you ever thought why Taj Mahal is still worth watching? The government's major structures should be beautiful enough to make people look at them and get photographed in front of the building," Kumar, himself an engineer, said amid applause.
    He also emphasized that all buildings, government or private, should be earthquake resistant. "When an earthquake hit Bhuj in Gujarat, I was the Union agriculture minister and the disaster management department was then a part of the agriculture ministry. At that time, experts told me if a quake of similar intensity hit Patna, the toll will be around 5 lakh. Since then I have been advocating for quake-resistant buildings in Bihar," Kumar said and added as the chief minister, he had been ensuring that all major buildings of the government were quake resistant.
    The CM also said India should learn from Japan how to minimize damages in case of quakes. "Now, quakes hit Japan frequently, but damages are nominal because that country has quake-resistant structures," he said.
    Earlier, deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi asked the building engineers to construct government's major structures in such a way that they should be known as 'signature buildings' of the city. Referring to the Parliament building and India Gate, Modi asked why such 'signature buildings' were not being constructed these days.
    Modi, also the commercial taxes minister, told the engineers Bihar recorded 219% and 237% growth in collection of taxes on the sale of cement and iron bar respectively in 2012-13 compared to 2008-09. "It shows massive growth of building sector in Bihar," he said.
    CommentQuote
  • yes even i would like to invest in bihar. I am also thinking to conver my house into market in patna as th whole area has now become commercial.
    Guys what about bodh gaya or gaya- tekari road? any idea????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumit35
    yes even i would like to invest in bihar. I am also thinking to conver my house into market in patna as th whole area has now become commercial.

The economic activity in bihar has still not yet reached where it should have - bihar had a lost generation or rather 2 in the raaj of laalu yadav - those who had some merit at that time feld bihar and those who could not are not in situation of buying anything - I am not talking about the sarkari baabus -

7 years ago when nitish kumar came to power he has started something in right direction but the lost generations have taken the toll on the economy of bihar - now next generation is smart and willing to do something - so next 7-10 years would be worth watching and worth investing.

The big problem with bihar is that everyone there is a politician and they love to talk and talk and talk and talk - yes they are real intellectual - at one time 80% of delhi admins were biharis - so young guys / gals from there love to leave that state and move to other states - this is changing a bit - lots of guys are now staying in Patna which is becoming a major education hub slowly.
    Other economic activity would follow - so if at all any place worth investing in bihar is patna - look around new bypass right till punpun don't go towards didarganj - that would be a dead area - places near bihta are also looking good.

The price of land has become same all over india - thanks to internet - the news spreads fast now.

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Friends!!!

Thanks for the response and interest. I have made few investments in Noida, but i wanted to shift the investments in Bihar, be it Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur or anywhere with good potential.

My family has some investment previously in Land surounding Muzaffarpur and got wonderfull ROI. In 10 years around 4 times, the land rate increases. Actually peoples are shifting from village towards the town. But what i feel is, its all un-organised development as there is no Development authority. even though the prices are very high.

I have inquired on East West Corridor near by muzaffarpur, on the Main Road, land price is around 8000 to 10000 per sqyd. That is also too far from the Main city.

So, my intention from the discussion is to get some potential Land at less price. So, that we can develop it and use it for the commercial purpose or Resale after some land scaping after some waiting of few year.

I would really appreciate any inputs from you friends and also thinking of make a group and do such things.

Originally Posted by sumit35
    yes even i would like to invest in bihar. I am also thinking to conver my house into market in patna as th whole area has now become commercial.
    CommentQuote
  • well i have heard that real sector in patna have reached the saturation point. Builder floors are being built in sampat chak, etc.........apartment culturre coming in patna.......so were are the cheap and best option left in patna or nearby?????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumit35
    well i have heard that real sector in patna have reached the saturation point. Builder floors are being built in sampat chak, etc.........apartment culturre coming in patna.......so were are the cheap and best option left in patna or nearby?????

apartment culture came to patna loooooong back in 1989 Jamuna Apartments and Krishna Apartments after that whole of boring road saw lot of apartments.

Right now new talking point is the flyover on baiely road and the developments next to it because of new hospital coming there.

I was there in oct and was happy to see the development - the prices are similar to any tier 2 cities for apartment and thanks to the mindset of bihar the land prices are higher than compareable cities.

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • The Price of Apartment in Patna is comparable to NCR. The reason behind is less supply and more demand. Government of Bihar doesnt have any vision to develop any new Area for such a type of development.

There are plenty of Scope to develope some area for residential, Industry like IT, SEZ, Institutional Area like that. But they are only concentrating on Vote bank politics. There is huge scope for institutional Area, where Engineering College, MBA Colleges can be accomodated. If you visit any of the Private engineering college in any part of India, you find some students from Bihar on donation basis.

So, its also advisable to invest in some huge tract of land on some Highways, which can be used as setting up of engineering College. That need some good ground works and Rates should be reasonable.

If the options available, i will be happy to be part of it. Lets explore.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by civil_abhay
    Seems....no members interested to discuss real Estate opportunity in Bihar....But again i am insisting..it worth exploring the same....

Hi Abhay,i too was looking for investment opportunities in Bihar,preferably in and around Patna...count me in if you come up any decent investment options...PM me the details or we can get in touch to discuss further...what are the prospects in danapur,bihta...
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. laloo Y ..has gotten hurt in an accident today ! Now how does that help or hurt the investment sentiment in Bihar .....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manishsing
    Hi Abhay,i too was looking for investment opportunities in Bihar,preferably in and around Patna...count me in if you come up any decent investment options...PM me the details or we can get in touch to discuss further...what are the prospects in danapur,bihta...

Thanks Manish for showing the interest. Actually i was looking a land for long term investment. If we got some big tract of land on Highways near by Patna or any other good city, we can think of develop as a real estate or setting up of some institutions. If we got some land in prime loction in city, i have a plan for setting up of Hyper Mart like Big Bazar etc.

But, the main issue is i am out of Bihar and my parents are living in Muzaffarpur. So, dont have much idea of Patna. But certainly we can invest together, in case of a good option.

Your initiative or feedback in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thank u
    CommentQuote
  • Patna Market highly inflated. A place like Saguna More/Danapur area is more costlier than new Gurgaon. Also the construction quality is very bad.
    There is no reupted builders there.
    Ashiana started from Patna in early 80' and later shifted their base to NCR.
    CommentQuote