Dear friends

A number of projects has been launched , TDI City , Unitech, EMR MGF on this road . it seems tht in comung 3/5 years this area woulod develop n become better city than chandigarh or zirkpur . wot is your opinion . pl advise..
Read more
64 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Except for Emaar MGF , no one else seems to have done much work. Unless builders put the basic infrastructure - how will it develop.

Safest bet is Sector 105 - since the mall and the basic work will keep it going and make it livable the fastest
    CommentQuote
  • Hi sbspo..
    u r rite .. bt i feel tdi city has also dun some work ,bt it is on the other side of road...can u tell me more abt sec 105.. its location ... one more thing .. i was told by a dealer tht there wud b constructions of wide roads , which wud direct go to chd sec 17 via sec 43 bus stop.. is it true.. i m from delhi.. so nt aware of local area ..help me.. planing to buy property ther..
    CommentQuote
  • I feel the same. In another 2-3 years, this place is going to be like DLF area of Gurgaon... residential cum shopping complexes with offices on both side of road, but better planned then Gurgaon. You can also check for Shivalik city. It is already built and many family living there. I am also planning to buy property there......
    CommentQuote
  • rite eshtile .. i do agree wid u .. n take a strategic view of this location.. i ve one more thing in mind ..rite nw chd is UT n capital of both punjab n hariyana .. in future if chd goes to hariyana ( its just a view) then mohali wud be d appropriate choice for capital of punjab... in chd i found 1 thing unique .. i visited 2/3 projects n i ws told all sold out.. i guess property dealers bokked units n nw selling on premiums... because i feel supply is sufficient , n i read sum where like noida or gurgaon , here high earning employees r nt migrating .. so from wher this demand is cuming..?

and secondly , wot u think of areo city.. i cudnt find in on maps...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitdutta79
    rite eshtile .. i do agree wid u .. n take a strategic view of this location.. i ve one more thing in mind ..rite nw chd is UT n capital of both punjab n hariyana .. in future if chd goes to hariyana ( its just a view) then mohali wud be d appropriate choice for capital of punjab... in chd i found 1 thing unique .. i visited 2/3 projects n i ws told all sold out.. i guess property dealers bokked units n nw selling on premiums... because i feel supply is sufficient , n i read sum where like noida or gurgaon , here high earning employees r nt migrating .. so from wher this demand is cuming..?

and secondly , wot u think of areo city.. i cudnt find in on maps...

First of all, punjab will never leave chd. Second, there is no project in UT of Chd., all are in near border of chd, but not in UT. Chandigarh, panchukla and to certain extent mohali property is untouchable now, so whoever wants to buy property, he will look for projects around chd.

Most of the apartments are with investors. You will find hundreds of flat available for end user around Chandigarh.

Yes, there is no such growth propectus in this area, but this place has already built infrastructure for MNCs. Even I have migrated from Gurgaon here and looking for property too. Lets see.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not well versed with the area but have only a limited view.

No doubt the planning of the area is good, but it will take quite long to be developed/fully developed. As of now there are no direct roads to the area from CHD/Mohali and only Sohana road is there. Most of the buyers are investors and some people from Mohali/Kharar as per my understanding.

Investors will keep on buying, but who will be the end users? People from CHD don't want to go far as they like Chandigarh the best (it is like many in Delhi NCR like only Delhi and no GGN/Noida for them). For people in/around Panchkula, this area is too far. So mostly people from Mohali might be interested to move there.
    Not much job prospects also there. In terms of IT/banking sector, I am not sure how many companies are operating there except Dell etc.

Also the area is quite far from IT Park/Chandigarh Industrial area.

In long term, for living definitely it will be good area, but how long it takes to develop will be the main question.

About aerocity being found on maps!!!! man, the aerocity is all fields as of now.. don't expect it on maps before a few years.
    CommentQuote
  • With dis view that with in 4/5 years this place ( Kharar-landran road ) would develop, in spite of some short comings i am planning to purchase property here. i have short:bab (6): listed TDI city se 110/ Unitech sec 105/ pearl city... my concern is approach to chd .. rite nw ther is only 1 way from sohana gurudwara ..will ther be direct raods connectin sec 43 .... and also pl tell me abt other development prospect of this area in near future...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitdutta79
    With dis view that with in 4/5 years this place ( Kharar-landran road ) would develop, in spite of some short comings i am planning to purchase property here. i have short:bab (6): listed TDI city se 110/ Unitech sec 105/ pearl city... my concern is approach to chd .. rite nw ther is only 1 way from sohana gurudwara ..will ther be direct raods connectin sec 43 .... and also pl tell me abt other development prospect of this area in near future...

Roads to CHD would be there, but when, I don't know about that. Heard recently tenders were to be issued, but not sure if it happened. the area development might take more than 4-5 years horizon also.
    So you are looking for plot or what?
    CommentQuote
  • Chdguy.. thks 4 sharing views.. i m planning to buy flat or floor..nt plot, even though i m aware tht long term price appreciation in plot is better than flat...
    CommentQuote
  • hello friends, need your suggestion. as i am new to mohali. i want to purchase an independent floor in mohali. whats about tdi-my floors??? i am getting a possessionable ground floor in 41 lacs. what you people suggest??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tanmay178
    hello friends, need your suggestion. as i am new to mohali. i want to purchase an independent floor in mohali. whats about tdi-my floors??? i am getting a possessionable ground floor in 41 lacs. what you people suggest??

TDI is a nontransparent,unethical builder with lot of issues.TDI will suck you,avoid it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krazy Yuppie
    TDI is a nontransparent,unethical builder with lot of issues.TDI will suck you,avoid it.

Avoid TDI for better future and sweet dreams in nights !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbsbpo
    Except for Emaar MGF , no one else seems to have done much work. Unless builders put the basic infrastructure - how will it develop.

Safest bet is Sector 105 - since the mall and the basic work will keep it going and make it livable the fastest

105 is not at all the safest bet.The best area to invest in Kharar Landran road is sec 114,115,116 and shivalik city.Public is already staying is these sectors.You have families staying in Wold one, somdutt,shivalik and parkwood glade and now even Ansal's have started offering possessions.The best part about this area is its connectivity to Haryana , Punjab and Delhi.Yes connectivity to Chandigarh is a problem but it will get sorted out in coming 2-3 yrs.
    CommentQuote
  • CHD connectivity will not be an issue as PCA 104 connectivity is happening.

Of all these, I will prefer Unitech. They have all the land and starting possesion in May.
    CommentQuote
  • Sachin i agree with you.....105 has an excellent location and could be a good place to live but unless EMAAR-MGF sorts out their issues with farmers and clean their act they are not the people to invest with. They have been selling their land banks to other builders as they have been running short of funds. If you are looking for appartments views from them are amazing. They will be the best lot in the whole area around....with possesion dates not too far. Their Central Plaza, which i have invested in and had lost faith in is also in the stages of completion. This will give a lot of to the end users.....but w.r.t plots please stay away. The road connectivty and future metro connectivity will make this area a very desirable....but all based on facts as of now. If EMAAR screws it up....which they have been known for....God bless!

Sector 114/115 and 116 are good for people with moderate budgets too. TDI has started giving possessions which is a good thing and here too metro is around the corner. There is hardly any connectivity issue and with direct roads from 113 and 115 side....it should be easy to get to Mohali and then Chd. Sector 127 too is worth the while with Gilco and Shivalik city doing very well.

Personally i like being part of the totally new development as everything is more clean and can be better planned but have realised in India it is safe to be part of the developed then developing as all does not reflect or happen what is said and shown in the initial stages.
    CommentQuote