Anybody has any idea when construction of much talked about kharar bypass road from dara studio will start ??

I am looking forward for a plot in shiwalik velley, sector 125 which they claim would be on proposed bypass road. If it is so, that place is good for investment as well as living point of view..

Please share your views..
Read more
25 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Property near Kharar bypass and Sector 124/125

From what i heard the construction has stared after the aquisition and they are planning to get the work done before next elections. Go for sector 125 investment now as the fire has just started on that side of the city.
    CommentQuote
  • Good news !!! seems like I missed the bus.. I finalised my deal in shiwalik valley... best wishes for u all..
    CommentQuote
  • Any news on the bypass from Dara studio

Any news on the bypass ? Looks like after the announcement Punjab govt has again gone into hibernation as no news seems to be coming on this.
    CommentQuote
  • Highways are super complicated stuff involving state and center govt plus state and center bureaucracies. I really dont think that this highway can be complete by the coming elections. There is not even a single board of NHAI anyway near that highway to indicate that they are going to start the work.

With that said, the highway is very much approved and listed in new initiatives section of gmada.gov.in giving it the required credibility for the property around it.
    CommentQuote
  • Strange ... I have been listening this Dara Studio Apartments since 2006.
    CommentQuote
  • Well that brings us to the same old story of huge announcements with little to follow. We all get so excited as every newspaper 6 months ago said "bypass to be ready in 6 months" but i am not sure why are they keeping shut now. They should question why the promise has not been kept as with foot-over bridges in Mohali. God bless our politicians!!
    CommentQuote
  • Good news at last guys. With elections around the corner, looks like there is a push for everything now. I hope the bypass is ready by Feb as has been mentioned this time

Bypass to make Kharar chaos a thing of past - The Times of India

MOHALI: In what would prove to be a boon for thousands of daily commuters, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) has commenced work on the 27km-long and 200 metre wide Kharar bypass, which would take traffic from near the upcoming Mohali Junction to the outskirts of Kurali bypassing the entire stretch through Kharar town.

Sources confirmed that all 600 acres for the project had been acquired and that a private firm had been engaged for the purpose and had already commenced work on the said road.
    GMADA chief administrator Sarvjit Singh said, "The 200-foot wide road would take commuters from outside Mohali close to Balongi directly beyond Kharar, thereby escaping the maddening rush on the stretch between Balongi and Kharar.

The bypass road would start from Dara Studio in Phase-VI and end at Khanpur near Kurali, diverting oncoming traffic from Chandigarh and Ropar side and consequently decongesting the existing Balongi-Kharar stretch."

He said, "The project had been held up due to some trouble with the land-owners, but all those have been rectified now and we have commenced the project and hope that it will be completed within three months."

Meanwhile, regular commuters are very happy. Dashmesh Singh, a resident of Sector 51 and a frequent traveller to Anandpur Sahib for business, said, "Though the bypass would not reduce the distance, it would definitely help in reducing the time spent on the road."
    CommentQuote
  • Glad to hear that.

Thanks for sharing Indigill !

Originally Posted by Indigill
    Good news at last guys. With elections around the corner, looks like there is a push for everything now. I hope the bypass is ready by Feb as has been mentioned this time

Bypass to make Kharar chaos a thing of past - The Times of India

MOHALI: In what would prove to be a boon for thousands of daily commuters, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) has commenced work on the 27km-long and 200 metre wide Kharar bypass, which would take traffic from near the upcoming Mohali Junction to the outskirts of Kurali bypassing the entire stretch through Kharar town.

Sources confirmed that all 600 acres for the project had been acquired and that a private firm had been engaged for the purpose and had already commenced work on the said road.
    GMADA chief administrator Sarvjit Singh said, "The 200-foot wide road would take commuters from outside Mohali close to Balongi directly beyond Kharar, thereby escaping the maddening rush on the stretch between Balongi and Kharar.

The bypass road would start from Dara Studio in Phase-VI and end at Khanpur near Kurali, diverting oncoming traffic from Chandigarh and Ropar side and consequently decongesting the existing Balongi-Kharar stretch."

He said, "The project had been held up due to some trouble with the land-owners, but all those have been rectified now and we have commenced the project and hope that it will be completed within three months."

Meanwhile, regular commuters are very happy. Dashmesh Singh, a resident of Sector 51 and a frequent traveller to Anandpur Sahib for business, said, "Though the bypass would not reduce the distance, it would definitely help in reducing the time spent on the road."
    CommentQuote
  • Ricky more good news for you!!

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Impact of kharar bypass(from Dara studio) on nearby property

Finally, Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA) has commenced work on the 27km-long and 200 metre wide Kharar bypass, which would take traffic from near the upcoming Mohali Junction to the outskirts of Kurali bypassing the entire stretch through Kharar town. The bypass road would start from Dara Studio in Phase-VI and end at Khanpur near Kurali.

The announcement sets the stage for real estate activity along the whole bypass. As of writing of this post, following projects are speculated to be worth invest-able as the development of this area begins:

Sunny Enclave Sector 125(Bajwa Developers): Sector 125 is the only inhabitated sector of sunny enclave as of this writing. There is an abundant availability of Flats, Plots, Villas and commercial avenues for one to invest into. This sector is one of the best sectors if one is thinking to buy a ready to move property as well. The sector touches the current Mohali-Kharar Road as well.

Sunny Enclave Sector 123/124(Bajwa Developers): Also known as Jandpur and Jhungia respectively, these two sectors lie on the other side of the proposed highway. These will be one of the earliest sectors to develop on that side of highway since Bajwa developers had cut the plots out of them in about July, 2009. Many of the plots are due possession and Bajwa developers have started construction of their own villas in Sector 124 as well. Due to lesser rate and their proximity to chandigarh as compared to the inhabitated areas of Sector 125, the twin sectors form a formidable investment option.

Shiwalik Avenue Sector 125(By Shiwalik group): The project lies on the opposite side of sector 124 while coming from proposed highway and opposite airforce flats in sector 125 while entering the new sunny enclave gate. The project consists of various options of villas and plots. Its proximity to chandigarh, already inhabited sector 125 and the name of shiwalik group adds a lot of credibility to the project.

Many more projects will come up across the proposed highway in the near future since the area has been demarcated as residential and Green Mohali by GMADA. It might just be the right time to look forward and consider making a fruitful future investment as the fire has just started on this side of the city.
    CommentQuote
  • I still remain ignorant about it .. :( . I went to a marriage of friend in Libra farms(the farthest point from the dara studio till where the road exists as of now on the proposed highway) on 18th Nov and there still was no activity by either NHAI/any other builder or any indication of construction start. May be they started from the far end i.e Khanpur if everyone is writing about it ..
    CommentQuote
  • Well guys .. The latest update is that Bajwa has constructed his own stretch on 200 ft road along Sector 124 by himself. The road is being mettled now and ready to use for that stretch. To reach there, take the desu majra road(old/new sunny divider), it will end at the 200 ft road. On the other end of the road you will see Villa Skeltons by Bajwa developers themselves.

All the best to the investors around Sector 124 and Sector 123.
    CommentQuote
  • Guys ny further recent update on this stretch ?

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • How much rates have already impacted due to this road/highway ?
    CommentQuote
  • How much rates have already impacted in sec 125 due to this road/highway ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Red Alert
    How much rates have already impacted in sec 125 due to this road/highway ?

Sec 125 is old sunny (hope you are talking about that). the average rate there is somewhere b/ 30- 40 psy and then it depends upon the location (proximity to road, park, east facing, and size). If you are selling then agents will give you 35k but on the same location if u r buying then they will ask 40-45K.

The bypass will have more impact on the prices of S123 and 124 (though S125 rates will also appreciate ).

thanks,
    Ricky
    CommentQuote