Sonepat is emerging as the new residential destination for Delhiites after Gurgaon, Noida and Greater Noida.

Though swathed in legends, Sonepat, on the Delhi border forms one of the largest industrial zones of Haryana and is fast emerging as an excellent residential and investment destination. The area is now witnessing a spurt in real estate development with many developers and builders having launched large residential projects and others working on new plans.

Strategic location

This upcoming area falls in the National Capital Region and has well-developed industrial base and supportive infrastructure. It has 5,288 small-scale industrial units and 82 L.M. units. The area between Kundli and Sonepat town falls under a highly industrialized zone. Atlas Cycles, Hilton Rubber, Indo Asian Fuse gear; ECE, Hindustan Everest Tools and Satnam Overseas are some of the well-known brands which have units here. The majority of these industrial units are concentrated on both sides of the G.T. Road. The increasing cost of housing in the capital as well as the rising demand for housing has led developers and builders to look for fresh avenues for developing satellite townships. Experts believe that Sonepat has a great potential, as it is the closest suburb being developed by private developers and the location on the national highway gives it the added advantage. Perhaps what Gurgaon has done for South Delhi,Sonepat would do for north and northwest Delhi.

The metro rail, which will be touching Narela, will also be reaching Kundli in 2007. Most of the businesspersons staying in the entire north and west Delhi are looking at shifting to Kundli as this won't affect their businesses. Developers who had neglected this entire area are changing their attitude. Sonepat is the next destination that is going to be the hub where Delhiites would be concentrating next. Sonepat is physically well placed to service affluent areas. There has been no fresh supply of quality real estate for the residents of North Delhi areas in the last many years. Now the assembly of lands for big projects in Sonepat by the leading private developers bodes well for this part of Delhi. North and north-west Delhi can grow naturally to Sonepat as it takes 20-25 minutes to reach there which is manageable by Delhi standards.
Read more
116 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Plz tell me if any one knows authentic property dealer in this area…... I want to invest my money in Sonepat…

Thank in Advance
    K Mathur
    CommentQuote
  • Sanmukh

Hello guys

Yes, I agree with u people that Sonepat is really a beau ideal place to invest in real estate field. I also want to invest in Sonepat. Can anybody tell me what are the current property rates going in TDI city(Kundli) and outskirts of Sonepat ?

thanx in advance :)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Happy

You seem to know quite a lot about property in India. I have read many of your quotes. I am studying property appreciation patterns in India. As well, I am collecting data in other countries.

Please share more information with me. I would like to know more about places where investment in property would yeild a return of atleast 35% pa.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Everyone
    I am a railway employee from haryana working in Delhi and booked a 3 BHK flat in Sec 10 at Sonepat.Its under a Society IRWO(Indain rail welfare Org.).It will cost me around 27 lacs.I booked it in july,2008 and paid nearly 7 lacs in instalments.Is it a good step...taking in to account the current and future prospectus..of the property.Its nearly 55-60 kms away from my office at Chanakyapuri.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi I have invested in 2 flats in Sonepat, One is in Apex Green and another in Ansals. But It's long time, i never seen any rise in property. What do you think, it's really worth investing there. Please reply...
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • maalik2 years ago
      Sir do u still possess flat in apex green , if yes plz connect my number is 9711750118 . I had some good news for you .may help u financially .
  • boss...sonepat has slowed down considerably in last 2 years...but as now KMP expressway is bound to open in dec 2010 it will definitly perk up proceedings there....also Jindals are launching their city soon ( 500 acre) so hope that it will change the fortune of sonepat.....!! Hope for the Best !!!
    CommentQuote
  • dear construction has agin started in ansals Green escape after lon long gap...so chilll.....!!

Originally Posted by bharatalreja
    Hi I have invested in 2 flats in Sonepat, One is in Apex Green and another in Ansals. But It's long time, i never seen any rise in property. What do you think, it's really worth investing there. Please reply...
    CommentQuote
  • Not a better option

Guys

I am from Panipat very close to sonipat. I don't fing Sonipat as good investment option as the rates are in market. 2bhk costs you 25 lacs in new booking. its better to invest in Faridabad or Gr noida. at least they are part of NCR.
    Its has been more than 5 years since Omaxe,parsavnath,Tdi n Eldeco launched their townships but hardly do you see any habitation. flats are just lying empty.
    one of the biggest mall "Ansal Plaza" by NH-1 in kundli near KMP is standing emty since one and half years.

despite these facts, How one can say Sonipat is good option for investment. I would say Bhiwadi is better option than sonipat.

Thats my view. I may be wrong
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anurag_khurana2003
    boss...sonepat has slowed down considerably in last 2 years...but as now KMP expressway is bound to open in dec 2010 it will definitly perk up proceedings there....also Jindals are launching their city soon ( 500 acre) so hope that it will change the fortune of sonepat.....!! Hope for the Best !!!

Friend

I don"t see KMP to be opertaion before Dec. 2011 the way work is going on. No railway bridges has been constructed on KMP route till yet.
    CommentQuote
  • NO NO to Sonipat

Guys

Invest anywhere in NCR but not in Sonipat and bahadurgarh area.
    it would take decades to take shape.
    Bhiwadi like areas is better option. because rates are much cheaper as compare to Sonipat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Guys

Invest anywhere in NCR but not in Sonipat and bahadurgarh area.
    it would take decades to take shape.
    Bhiwadi like areas is better option. because rates are much cheaper as compare to Sonipat.

If you are planning to buy a flat for investment, Only go for a metro city including NCRs. Don't go for a flat investment in small cities like b.garh, sonepat,panipat, meruth etc. Flat system in these smaller city will take another 10 yrs to be accepted by people.

However, go for plots in these smaller city. plots in smaller cities will always be preferred than flats and even with the increase in living standards, people are moving for their old houses to the new plots, sectors in these smaller cities.
    CommentQuote
  • is their any rise in rates in this route
    CommentQuote
  • sonepat , jindal global city or eldeco county

... from past 4 months i have been regularly
    inspecting about the projects in sonepat ..
    and in my opinion sonepat ( especially jindal and eldeco )
    are gonna outperform if we consider 3 years time frame ..
    i am saying these because u are getting best
    villas option in both two projects ..
    in jindal u r getting a 191 sqyd 4 bhk villa for
    65 lacs ..
    and in eldeco u r getting ready to move in villas
    250 sqyd 4 bhk ,95 lacs ..
    if once u visit the location u will definately
    fall in love with eldeco superbly executed project ..
    and kmp would be reality in one year time frame ..
    in three years u will also see physical work done on
    high speed mono rail ..
    after monorail coming there sonepat would not be treated as ncr but itself as a part of delhi .. u will reach there in 15 minutes from kashmiri
    gate .. for any queries discuss it here guys ..
    share ur views and concerns ..
    happy investing .. :bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • I have been to the site of Jindal and it is towards the interior with a big open drain right opposite to the Society. Even the road is a very narrow road. I don't think that the place is yet ready for any full scale investment.
    CommentQuote
  • go for it

:bab (34):Regarding road it will be 30 mtr road on inner side of road ,,, and from NH1 the inner sector road have been sanctioned which will be going from middle of Jindal Global city project phase 1 the drain will be covered and on left side of that drain gree belt will be developed which will be around 10mtr from road side ,,, better sir u give right picture to people .. i agree it will take around two to three years ... name of jindal is gurantee that place ..
    Originally Posted by riteshahuja
    ever been to site of eldeco ? just visit once. as said by saurav it will take ur breath away
    jindal project has just started and will most certainly end up being a nice project.
    eldeco is on NH-1 and quality wise n planning wise is superb with ready possession
    CommentQuote