Sort by :
Filter by :
- HUDA’s Sonepat project back on track after 10 yrs
Sonepat, June 4
In a relief for HUDA, around 95 per cent farmers who owned land acquired for its proposed Sectors 5 and 6 have accepted the award amount enhanced by the court. The remaining farmers are likely to follow suit.
As many as 468 acres of land of farmers of Raipur, Sultanpur and Fazilpur was acquired by HUDA in 2004 to developing these two sectors near the GT Road. It fixed the per acre award amount at Rs 5.50 lakh, but farmers opposed it and moved the district court for its enhancement. The court recently enhanced the amount to Rs 40 lakh an acre.
HUDA which had been waiting to commence development of the proposed sectors and invite applications for plots for the last 10 years. These sectors are planned to have around 2,500 residential plots of different sizes.
"After the court decision, around 95 per cent farmers have taken the award and HUDA has accelerated the process to develop these sectors," sub-divisional engineer Devender Malik said.
Some farmers have approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court for further increase in award amount in view of prevailing market rates.CommentQuote0Flag
- Sonepat colony residents protest lack of facilities
Tribune News Service
Sonepat, June 12
Residents of colonies that were regularised by the Haryana Government before the Lok Sabha elections protested at the Mini-Secretariat here today, demanding drinking water and sewerage pipes.
Led by BJP state vice-president Rajiv Jain, the protesters handed over a memorandum of demands, addressed to Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, to Deputy Commissioner (DC) Samir Pal Srow, who assured them that their issues would be brought to the notice of the higher authorities.
“Officers of the Water Sewer and Sanitation Department claim to have sent a project report to the higher authorities for sanction. Till date, sanction is awaited,” Jain said.
He pointed out that it was useless to install submersible pumps in the colonies as the underground water was brackish and unfit for human consumption. “The colony residents are paying property tax and development charges for getting the building plans approved, but the government has failed to provide basic necessities such as road, sewerage and drinking water,” Jain added.CommentQuote0Flag
- Farmers resent changes in land acquisition Act
Sonepat, January 11
The Bharatiya Kisan Sangh (BKS) today decided not to allow mining on their land in villages of the Yamuna belt and cautioned that if their demand was not accepted, they would take out a protest march on March 4 in the affected villages.
Farmers threatened to lay siege to Parliament during the Budget Session.
The decision was taken in a mahapanchayat of farmers at Manoli village today. The farmers demanded implementation of the new Land Acquisition Act passed by the UPA Government and cancellation of land acquisition process, for which farmers had neither taken the compensation nor given possession to the authorities.
They also decided to form a committee which will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
BKS state president Om Singh Chauhan said there was no difference between the BJP and Congress on farmers’ issues. “Before the elections to the Lok Sabha and Haryana Assembly, the BJP had assured farmers to fulfill their demands. It has forgotten all its promises,” he alleged.
BKS senior leaders Virender Chotiwala and Raj Pal Sevli addressed the mahapanchayat that was attended by a number of women.
Congress MLA Jai Tirath Dahiya attended the mahapanchayat and supported farmers’ demands.CommentQuote0Flag
- Construction going on at Kundli Manesar Palwal (KMP) expressway.
The Union ministry of road transport and highways (MoRTH) on Friday expressed a clear disinclination to take over the construction of the jeopardised 136-km Kundli Manesar Palwal (KMP) expressway unless the Haryana government clears the project of all financial liabilities.
The jinxed project is running behind schedule by over five years and is tangled in legal and financial complications.
At a meeting of the central and state officials held in New Delhi over the issue, top central officials advised the Haryana government to get rid of the concessionaire KMP Expressways Ltd by terminating the concession agreement. Union MoRTH secretary Vijay Chhibber and NHAI officials were present in the meeting.
‘Terminate the agreement’
“We have two options with us. Either terminate the concession agreement or go in for settlement of liability as per the actual cost of construction. Under the first option, the lenders would not get any money back as the concession agreement stipulates so. The state government can consider going in for settlement with mutual consent but only if the new concessionaire and lenders are ready to be reasonable by not asking for an additional concession period,’’ said a Haryana official.
The previous Congress regime in Haryana, which allotted the construction work of the Expressway to concessionaire KMP Expressways Ltd, had decided to go beyond the provisions of the concession agreement to terminate the agreement and bring a new player to put the project back on track. The debatable option entailed terminating the concession agreement with mutual consent and giving the contract for construction of the project to a new company. The previous government’s idea behind choosing the settlement option outside the scope of the concession agreement was to avoid litigation and arbitration.
New govt rejects Rs 1300 settlement amount
While the Congress government approved termination payment of Rs 1,300 crore to be paid to concessionaire and lenders as settlement payment, the BJP government disapproved the amount. The state government has also filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court stating that the termination payment/settlement amount of Rs 1300 crore approved by the previous government needs to be revisited in light of different evaluations. Also since the total value of work as per the concession agreement could not be more than the estimated cost of Rs 1200 crore as the concessionaire was allowed to recover only this much towards the cost of construction. While approving the Rs 1300 crore as settlement money, the previous government did not consult the finance department.
‘ICICI Bank has no locus standi’
Officials said that the proposal submitted by ICICI Bank before the Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA) on February 15, 2014 to settle the matter outside the provisions of the concession agreement was unacceptable as ICICI bank was not a lender and has no locus standi to be associated with the substitution process. Officials said that equity shown by the concessionaire was actually loaned from the ICICI Bank. The ICICI bank had lent about 135 million dollars to a Mauritius-based entity associated with the concessionaire.
As per the financial closure, the total project cost was estimated at Rs 1915 crore with Rs 1149 crore as debt amount and Rs 766 crore as equity amount. The concessionaire tied up Rs 1149 crore debt from IDBI bank and a consortium of 11 other banks.
Following delays and concessionaire’s inability to keep up the flow of funds, the IDBI bank, which is the lead banker for the project, had served the concessionaire with a substitution notice. This meant that the lenders had decided to step in for substitution of the concessionaire on account of its flagrant and continued defaults in performance of its financial and other obligations under the Common Rupee Loan Agreement.CommentQuote0Flag
- Parsvnath has raised demand of 10% of total plot price as per buyer agreement for its Sonepat project Plots in Block B and claiming to offer possession within this year. It is payable by end March. With this 10% payment, it will mean 95% payment received by builder till date from buyers since 2005/06. Any feedback on how to proceed further on this issue ?CommentQuote0Flag
- Share any progress returned after long holiday in USCommentQuote1Flag
- China's Wanda Group submits proposal to build $10 billion township in Haryana's Sonipat The joint venture will develop, operate and manage the integrated industrial township at Kharkhoda in Sonipat district.TNN | December 16, 2016, 07:44 IST
CHANDIGARH: Days after a leading Chinese companysigned a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Haryana government to set up 100 MW solar power projectsin the state with an investment of Rs 500 crore, Wanda Group(one of the largest real estate developers in China) has submitted a proposal for setting up a green field integrated industrial township in Sonpat district in joint venture with the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HSIIDC).
The joint venture will develop, operate and manage the integrated industrial township at Kharkhoda in Sonipat district.
According to an official spokesperson, the sponsors anticipate that the joint venture will catalyse investment worth $10 billion (Rs 65,000 crore) and generate opportunities for 34,000 direct jobs.
The project at Kharkhoda would fall within the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor and the National Capital Region. “Jointly developed by Wanda Group and the HSIIDC in phases over 2,800 acres, it will house companies engaged in software, automotive manufacturing, machinery, healthcare education, smart housing appliances and food processing,” he added.
The spokesperson further said a residential township integral to the project, including all civic amenities and social infrastructure, would also be created to develop a 4th generation integrated industrial township. Furthermore, a “cultural tourism city” will also be developed as part of the project.
According to the officials, the investment proposal is an outcome of a series of meetings between chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar, and chairman of Wanda Group Wang Jianlin.
Wanda Group is a $92-billion conglomerate whose business interests encompass shopping malls, theme parks, sports industry, and cinemas. It is one of the largest real estate developers in China with presence in the US, UK, France, Spain, and Australia.
Earlier, the Haryana government had signed an MoU with a leading Chinese company Prestige Ocean Holding and Investments Limited for the setting up of 100 MW solar power projects in the state with an investment of Rs 500 crore. The development had taken place over a month after several BJP leaders, including Haryana ministers, had asked people to boycott Chinese items.
- Any news about metro or rrtsCommentQuote0Flag
- Welcome back rohanCommentQuote0Flag
- Haryana CM announces CBI probe into land acquisition at Rohtak, Sonipat He also came down heavily on the Congress during the Zero Hour of the ongoing Budget Session in the state Assembly and said the party leaders had no right to talk about the plight of farmersPTI | March 14, 2018, 07:59 IST
CHANDIGARH: The Haryanagovernment will recommend a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in land acquisition in Rohtak and Sonipat districts during the Congress regime, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said on Tuesday.
He also came down heavily on the Congress during the Zero Hour of the ongoing Budget Session in the state Assembly and said the party leaders had no right to talk about the plight of farmers.
"They themselves had acquired lands of farmers just to benefit some builders... There is no one the Congress did not cheat," he alleged.
"We have decided to recommend a CBI probe into the irregularities committed during the Congress regime in cases of land acquisition in Rohtak and Sonipat districts," he said.
Khatter said the injustice done to the farmers would be revealed in the investigation.
The chief minister said the state government had earlier recommended CBI probe into three cases -- re-allotment of a plot to Associated Journals Limited (AJL) in Panchkula, industrial plot allotment by Haryana Sahri Vikas Pradhikaran in Panchkula, and the Manesar land case.