Guys...need help.

Just joined coz i am confused and needed opinions.
I have a house in rohini, and on verge of starting my own business. Currently working as a consultant in GGN/Noida.
I ahve some money saved up which would be enough to buy a small plot (160sqm+) in both areas - GN and Kundli. I have my house in Rohini, which is appearing too small for my family or my business to grow.

I am confused between Greater Noida and Kundli. G. Noida has the openness and prospect of becoming a model city, but at the same time - crime and isolation are playing on my mind.

Kundli - being near to Rohini, is providing me with the flexibility to go to and fro from Old home to new home, in a short time. My business is IT consulting which has no prospect in Kundli...now or ever. Also, though kundli is not as notorious as G.Noida...but is not perfect either. I had couple of encounters with rowdy jats on my way back after visit from Jindal city.

The objective is end use...not investment....plz suggest which area, and why?
Read more
80 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • and i want to move in this new house in next 2-3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashishew
    Guys...need help.

Just joined coz i am confused and needed opinions.
    I have a house in rohini, and on verge of starting my own business. Currently working as a consultant in GGN/Noida.
    I ahve some money saved up which would be enough to buy a small plot (160sqm+) in both areas - GN and Kundli. I have my house in Rohini, which is appearing too small for my family or my business to grow.

I am confused between Greater Noida and Kundli. G. Noida has the openness and prospect of becoming a model city, but at the same time - crime and isolation are playing on my mind.

Kundli - being near to Rohini, is providing me with the flexibility to go to and fro from Old home to new home, in a short time. My business is IT consulting which has no prospect in Kundli...now or ever. Also, though kundli is not as notorious as G.Noida...but is not perfect either. I had couple of encounters with rowdy jats on my way back after visit from Jindal city.

The objective is end use...not investment....plz suggest which area, and why?

Ashish,
    I went through same dilemna 3 years back while buying a plot. My background is quite similar to yours being your next neighbour from Pitampura but currently living in US.

I ended up buying in Kundli due to proximity to Pitampura, cheaper rates (bought mine at 10k/ sq yard in 2010) and upcoming projects. Reasons for not choosing Greater Noida was distance and excess/ surplus supply.

In 3 years, I have nearly trebled my money. Agree that prospects for an IT person are not that great in Kundli but once KMP expressway will be operational, Gurgaon will be 75 minutes away.

Rates in Rohini which is only 20-25 minutes drive are still 15 times (almost 4 lac/ sq yard)in developed sectors such as 7/8/9/13 whereas in Kundli you can still get a decent plot in 30K.

Kundli has a great prospect but you have to wait easily for 5 years for better habitation. Again, I am biased towards Kundli because of my investment. So, please explore both areas and see what suits you more in 5 years down the lane.
    CommentQuote
  • Go for Kundli! Just one correction: Jindal as you have mentioned is not in Kundli but in Sonepat and 13 Kms from Kundli. Greater Noida is a waste of investment! Rather invest in Bank!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ashish,

In my opinion, Greater Noida is better in terms of Investment. I see more prospects for you in Greater Noida than Kundli.
    Delhi Metro line has been approver till Greater Noida and it would take 3-4 years to complete that line. Once line is operational, this place is superb, in terms of infrastructure and value for money. On the other hand Kundli would not be having such infrastructure even after 10 years. As far as connectivity to Gurgoan is concerned, KMP will take couple more years to complete.

On the other hand Greater Noida is going to get connected with Faridabad through a Bridge, Actually two Bridges have been approved on Yamuna, one on FNG Road (Faridabad-Noida-Ghaziabad) and other near Greater Noida (At the start point of Yamuna Expressway)
    Once Bridge is completed, It will take 10 minutes from Greater Noida to Faridabad and from Faridabad to Gurgoan (through Existing 4 lane Pahadi Road) takes only 30 minutes. So total time between Greater Noida and Gurgoan would be less than 45 minutes.

In shot if you compare distance between the two locations with Gurgaon.
    Kundli - Gurgaon = 150 KMs approximately
    Greater Noida - Gurgaon = 50 KMs approximately

For me law and order situation between Kundli and Greater Noida would not be having much difference, let us say 19/20.
    But if you compare both with Delhi, it would be having very big difference, even though we hear about crime cases of Delhi every day.

So my vote goes to Greater Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Respect your opinion Sanjeev but share correct facts. Currently Distance of Kundli to Gurgaon is about 50 kms. Kundli to Madhuban chowk is around 18 kms. Add 32 kms from Madhuban chowk to Gurgaon. Law and order of UP is all known to us. So, better not discuss that! Kundli is next to Delhi while Greater Noida is 30 kms from Delhi border.

If you talk of proposed projects,RRTS( rapid rail ) is allotted to Kundli which will connect Kundli to Kashmere Gate in 20 minutes. Also, Kundli will be connected to MAnesar through Kmp expressway and to Ghaziabad thru Kgp expressway. Also, right now, a 100 metre road is currently under construction which will connect Narela to Airport in 30 minutes. This road is expected to finish by 2015.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for all the info.

I typed in Kundli to Gurgaon in google..this is what i get

Kundli, Sonipat, Haryana, India

1 hour 15 mins
    In current traffic: 1 hour 40 mins

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
    And i type Greater Noida to Gurgaon,

Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

1 hour 5 mins
    In current traffic: 1 hour 30 mins

So it is clear who is bending facts.
    Also, as said earlier....no proposed projects, no news...no speculation.
    Will kundli be habitable in 2-3 years? I need internet other than BSNL for sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. Ashish, I clarified on distance not the time! I corrected that distance from Kundli to Gurgaon is 50 Kms and not 150 Kms as suggested by other respected Iref member above. If you like Greater Noida, go for it but don't show arrogance or downplay others! This is my last post For you as it seems you don't like factual information.
    CommentQuote
  • Look ashish greater noida started 15 years ago while kundli is not even 5 years old ..
    Kundli having all major restaurants, school chains, is on indias first highway National highway 1..
    24 hours connectivity via haryana roadways bus and DTC ply till border which is just 2-3 km away..
    Rajeev gandhi education city already have 3 universities..
    World famous murthal is there to hangout
    Alongvwith jurasik park, bikanervala, and local markets also
    CommentQuote
  • Thousands of industries are operational haryana here in kundli and Rai itself..
    Around 2500 families are still happily living here in kundli..
    Water and electricity are no major problem here as before haryana assembly election haryana will also be getting 24 hours interrupted power supply..
    Security is far better than any other ncr area as you can see youndster from all over delhi ncr viisiting murthal even on nightouts..
    Highway is signal free and smooth and never deserted even if it is 3 am in night
    CommentQuote
  • Now look kundli has 2 multiplex greater noida ( Gn) ha s just one even after 15 years.
    Kundli ha s mcdonalds, dominoz, Kfc, subway, bikanervala , btw, sagar ratna, cafe coffe day, wah ji wah, and super famous dhabas and haveli which is not ther in GN an d will never be..

Sonepat have chowkidhani while GN can never hav e such thing ..
    Dps, gd goenka, tdi international school, apollo international school and dozens of excellent schools and colleges an d universities are here..
    Property here is still much cheaper than GN..
    So i guess this would always be a best option in whole ncr keeping in mind the cirrent prices and proximity to biggest industrial hub
    CommentQuote
  • Another excellent news for haryana and kundli is haryana govt is abolishing inward and outward form which was previously mandatory for traders and industrialist for transaction above 25000..
    This will further push business and industrial prospects of the region as it would be very easy to do business here..
    And haryana now will give 24 hours power supply to indiustries thus industries will start up here more and more employment and industrialists will comeup here and thus driving over all and industrial growth of the region..

Catch this region before price fly and goes out of your reach..
    U may have to wait for 6-12 months but surely growth is here, life is here..
    Openess is here safety is here
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

The distance between Kundli and Gurgaon is mistakenly typed as 150 KMs, actually I wanted to write 105 KMs, apologies for this typing error. Secondly this distance is when travelling on KMP expressway and not the Ariel distance or via Delhi.

I have compared distance of two locations with Gurgaon, as in initial discussion members have quoted Gurgaon in terms of business and KMP Expressway.

Yes, it is correct that distance between Greater Noida and Delhi is 30 KMs, but we need to check business hubs and not just Delhi boarder, like we need to see how far it is from South Delhi or any other commercial hub of Delhi or Haryana. Above all 50% of this 30 KM stretch is full of commercial projects in addition to residential projects.

As far as security is concerned, I have previously lived in Faridabad, Noida and now in Delhi. So that was my personnel experience. Still tell you that not much difference security wise, when you compare both.

The drawback for Greater Noida previously was that it was isolated. Now with the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, lot of big IT companies have setup offices and are functional and more companies are setting up apart from other big commercial projects. Also with the opening of Yamuna Expressway, this place is expected to grow and a lot of new projects are also coming on Yamuna Expressway.

Ashish, my suggestion to you is to take some time and visit both places personally and see what is suited for you.
    Also you can share your views with us, so that we get also benefited.
    Above information given by me is my personal understanding.

Good Luck man.
    CommentQuote
  • Sanjeev, sounds like you are exagerrating the distance again. Distance from Kundli to Gurgaon via Delhi is 48kms and via KMP expressway is 75kms approximately. Also, like one member said once Narela-Airport 100 metre road will be completed distance from Kundli to Gurgaon will be reduced to 30kms.

I am not saying which area is better but please share correct information as someone/ many might be investing their lifetime savings on their dream house.

My take, once RRTS will come, Kundli will be connected to connaught place/ kashmere gate within 20-25 minutes. Security wise at this moment Greater Noida gives a barren look at night and is unsafe at night time. Kundli being right on National Highway 1 is much safer and much lighted. Rarely, you would hear incidents of crime in Kundli.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohini1
    Mr. Ashish, I clarified on distance not the time! I corrected that distance from Kundli to Gurgaon is 50 Kms and not 150 Kms as suggested by other respected Iref member above. If you like Greater Noida, go for it but don't show arrogance or downplay others! This is my last post For you as it seems you don't like factual information.

I just presenting facts. Not trying to downplay or be arrogant in any way. That is not my intent or objective.

Snprealty : You know you can edit post and add your facts to existing post.

Sanjeev, i appreciate your inputs.

Lets not bring KMP here...it is as fictitious as airport in GN.
    Keep them coming guys...dont get personal...it is a request.

in terms of distance...
    Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh

1 hour 5 mins

Gurgaon, Haryana

66.8 km

Kundli, Sonipat, Haryana

1 hour 15 mins

Gurgaon, Haryana

64.5 km
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Nirmal

I have nothing against Kundli, or anything to favor Greater Noida. In fact I know Noida /Greater Noida / Yamuna Expressway better, as I had been visited these places since last 5 years. Just to explore the prospects of investment.

I do not understand why some members get offended, I am not saying that I am an expert, but this is my personal view, which I got after visiting these places over years. I would prefer if members can bring up more information pros/cons of both locations to help all.

I think it is infrastructure, transportation and commercial activities (which generates the jobs) and are driving force for overall development and appreciation of investment.

Check how much property has appreciated in last couple of years on Noida Expressway and how many new companies have setup the offices. Even some companies started plans to move to Yamuna Expressway, though the number is less, but will significantly increase over a due course.
    I do not think McDonalds or Pizza Hut can make any difference as some members suggest.

Thanks all
    CommentQuote