I want to buy land and build a house on around 500 sq. m. area in Dehradun. Can consider buying old house and demolish and construct a new one. Although it would be an excursion home and wont sell it in near future, I would not buy if it fails on the appreciation front. There should be potential to appreciate.

I visited long ago to the Dalanwala area- I liked at that time (15 years ago), but dont know how is it like right now. If someone knows more about the current price and location/density situation, please throw some light.

I have been visiting through the Jakhan area (Rajpur Road, upto Rajpur) recently and like that area also. Someone knowing price trends in that area (can go upto 50 meters inside) from Rajpur Road, please let me know.

I also heard some new areas are developing like Sahastradhara Road etc. Please share knowledge about the area. I prefer prime areas only or the areas where the potential of being prime in future is there. Would not buy where there are more small plots (except Rajpur Road, where can consider all neighbourhoods, but minimum land required is 500 sq. mtr.). Also not interested in Clementown.

All suggestions are welcome.
Read more
39 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • go for sahastradhara road area , u can easily buy 500 sq mtr plot there ..
    and if u need more prime location .. u can quote approx price here.. will suggest u as per that ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ritzshaan
    go for sahastradhara road area , u can easily buy 500 sq mtr plot there ..
    and if u need more prime location .. u can quote approx price here.. will suggest u as per that ..

Hi,

What are the ongoing per square yard rates of plots along sahastradhara Road. Can you pls share the name of localities ? Are these plots planned by local coloniser or by good builder ? What are the chances of future appreciation ...

Any information on development status on chakrata road just after crossing the river after prem nagar ..
    :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Designer
    Hi,

What are the ongoing per square yard rates of plots along sahastradhara Road. Can you pls share the name of localities ? Are these plots planned by local coloniser or by good builder ? What are the chances of future appreciation ...

Any information on development status on chakrata road just after crossing the river after prem nagar ..
    :bab (48):

hi everyone ,
    in sahastradhara road area , prices a bit ranging from 12000 - 15000 per sq yard depending on exact location from main road and connecting roads...
    you can 500 sq yard plot easily there as the whole area is progressing very well , in the last couple of years i have seen very good development .

other localities where u can find good plots in main roads sizes from 400-600 sq yards ..ballupur 20000-25000 , chukhuwala nashvila road 22000-25000 , jakhan 12000-16000 , canal road 12000- 20000 ( here price varies depends on the ditance from rajpur road )
    and many....

development after prem nagar area is moving on at very little pace , most of the localaids from dehradun have buyed their plots there but still residential area is not fully developed yet.
    u can have a look on the project named as LA CITY , search for that , i saw their plots last year , have a look ..

thanks and regards
    manish .
    CommentQuote
  • looking for buyer

I have a house in Chakrata road (near ONGC Hospital and blood Bank) which I need to sell.
    The total area of the plot is 312 sq yards.
    The colony is one of the best colonies in Doon with all the aminities within 500 mtrs.
    Since I have settled in Delhi now need to sell the same.
    Kindly let me know the price I should quote?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • SriGanesh10 months ago
      Hello Mr Joshi
      For How much did you sell this property and in which year, kindly share, I want to buy in Dehradun.
  • Unitech Sahastradhara Road- Dehradoon

Hello

Unitech has launched "The Green Residences" at Shastradhara road Dehradoon 3600 psf (PLC extra).

How is the location and future prospects (~10 years) for this project from investment perspective.

Manu Maudgal
    CommentQuote
  • Consider buying in Turner ROad,Clement Town Locality

Hi brother,
    There is a very beautiful area posh locality near army cantt .Clement Town,Turner Road is very green comparitively and well connected to ISBT dehradun.I have been living here for 20 years now and You ll get property at very nominal prices compared to city prime location.
    You could consider using propertywala or other real estate engines for this locality and see for yourself.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MMAUDGAL
    Hello

Unitech has launched "The Green Residences" at Shastradhara road Dehradoon 3600 psf (PLC extra).

How is the location and future prospects (~10 years) for this project from investment perspective.

Manu Maudgal

I certainly feel the Unitech property is over valued. Whilst its in a lovely area, 3600 psf is steep for Dun especially in that area. And why would you want to live in an apartment when you can buy a plot and make a nice home with lovely hill views?
    CommentQuote
  • Kindly Have a look at LA City Dehradun. It is located near prem nagar. The township is very enar to its development. it is already 80 percent developed. You can get more information on the website of saveraprop.
    CommentQuote
  • As per state law non domicile person can't purchase more than 225 sq yd in declared residential zone area. However, two different adajacent plot of not more than 225 yd can be purchased by both husband and wife.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ritzshaan
    go for sahastradhara road area , u can easily buy 500 sq mtr plot there ..

Hello, can you suggest a reputed real estate agent in Dehradun who can help me sell my apartment in Dehradun?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by angad27
    Hi brother,
    There is a very beautiful area posh locality near army cantt .Clement Town,Turner Road is very green comparitively and well connected to ISBT dehradun.I have been living here for 20 years now and You ll get property at very nominal prices compared to city prime location.
    You could consider using propertywala or other real estate engines for this locality and see for yourself.

Hey Angad,

I live in Delhi and own a 3BHK apartment in the Race Course Valley project in Dehradun. I want to sell the apartment. Can you suggest how much I should expect to get on the sale? Also, can you suggest a reputed real estate agent who can help me sell the apartment?

Thanks,
    Ankur
    CommentQuote
  • Does any body know about this area " Rani Pokhari" Near airport Dehradun ?
    I am told this is coming up fast for farmhouses and small layouts.
    The location some are claiming is close to rishikesh also so will do well.
    any views ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi everyone,

What is the going rate for Dalanwala these days? Area Mohini Road. Appreciate your feedback. As a delhiites, I would like to purchase a 1 or 2 BHK apartment so that my wife can stay sometimes when my girl goes to the hostel in Dun. What are your suggestions. That apartment will be more of a holiday home.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shanga1m
    Does any body know about this area " Rani Pokhari" Near airport Dehradun ?
    I am told this is coming up fast for farmhouses and small layouts.
    The location some are claiming is close to rishikesh also so will do well.
    any views ?

On paper and map it looks really good with close proximity to airport as well as deharadun and rishikesh both. I was also quite interested in this area few months back. But as per my information the area has mainly been allocated to the tehri visthapit people and also prone to elephants. It has very narrow internal roads where only 1 bus can pass at a time.:(.
    CommentQuote
  • hi frens...,
    since properties in ncr delhi are not doing well...went to visit dehradun.
    found city really good...locals were simple and well behaved...,climate very nice and mountain view was amazing.
    visited two under developing projects...1) L A CITY, 2) DOON CALLISTO..., both projects have villas and plots..., location wise DOON-CALLISTO , is far better.., but is costly accordingly.
    mountain view or say musoorie view is just amazing from both the project.
    heard about another project PANACHE VALLY will visit next week.
    willing to divert my investment from gurgaon to dehradun.
    CommentQuote