I want to buy land and build a house on around 500 sq. m. area in Dehradun. Can consider buying old house and demolish and construct a new one. Although it would be an excursion home and wont sell it in near future, I would not buy if it fails on the appreciation front. There should be potential to appreciate.

I visited long ago to the Dalanwala area- I liked at that time (15 years ago), but dont know how is it like right now. If someone knows more about the current price and location/density situation, please throw some light.

I have been visiting through the Jakhan area (Rajpur Road, upto Rajpur) recently and like that area also. Someone knowing price trends in that area (can go upto 50 meters inside) from Rajpur Road, please let me know.

I also heard some new areas are developing like Sahastradhara Road etc. Please share knowledge about the area. I prefer prime areas only or the areas where the potential of being prime in future is there. Would not buy where there are more small plots (except Rajpur Road, where can consider all neighbourhoods, but minimum land required is 500 sq. mtr.). Also not interested in Clementown.

All suggestions are welcome.
Read more
39 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • what is the plot rate in turner road now. Dwarikapuri is selling at Rs 16000/sq yard. My plot is on lane no 4 about 100m from turner road connected from various sides and fully colonised.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anurag_joshi
    I have a house in Chakrata road (near ONGC Hospital and blood Bank) which I need to sell.
    The total area of the plot is 312 sq yards.
    The colony is one of the best colonies in Doon with all the aminities within 500 mtrs.
    Since I have settled in Delhi now need to sell the same.
    Kindly let me know the price I should quote?

Is the property still available.
    CommentQuote
  • has anyone invested in LA City ?

if yes, at what prices..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • I am also considering to purchase a plot in clement town or subhash nagar. Pl suggest some agent there. I may visit next month. My budget is Rs.25 lakh for an area of 250 sq yard.
    Thank you.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello

Recently heard of ATS Heavenly Foothills. What do you make of this new launch of ATS.
    CommentQuote
  • a. does any one have any idea what documents to look at while purchase of residential LAND?

b. can anyone throw some light on LA City project ?
    is that area going to see some growth?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by myside88
    a. does any one have any idea what documents to look at while purchase of residential LAND?

b. can anyone throw some light on LA City project ?
    is that area going to see some growth?

project is away from main city...,
    investing here is a gamble as all depends on competition of new road to musoorie which under construction and will pass app. 500 meters from this project.
    when i visited this project app. 6 months back only 5-10 villas were constructed as most of invested peoples are waiting for right time to construct their property..., but marketing executive told me that they have issued notice to all the plot holders to start construction in a time frame.
    going to dehradun tomorrow to see wats latest.
    CommentQuote
  • Is LA city already habitable. Are people already living there? Is it sold out or still units available? What is the resale price for same?
    CommentQuote
  • seniors and friends,

is it worth to invest in the scheme
    MDDA's LIG/MIG Flats Near ISBT, Dehradun

Project Name:
    ISBT Housing Scheme Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority(MDDA). The details are as given below:

Housing Scheme Near ISBT (550 Housing Units) 1.10.2013 to 31.10.2013
      Scheme Launched on 1.10.2013
      Forms will be available in the banks (ICICI, HDFC, IDBI, AXIS) from 1.10.2013 to 31.10.2013
      Last date for registration is 31.10.2013
      Application Form Cost Rs. 570.00
      LIG - 192 Registration Fee Rs. 120000.00 Total Cost 12,25,000.00
      MIG - 224 Registration Fee Rs. 325000.00 Total Cost 32,75,000.00

E-Brochure(Link):
      http://www.mddaonline.com/others%5CM...bt_housing.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Luxury blooms in Doon valley

Luxury blooms in Doon valley
    CommentQuote
  • I think the prices that Unitech and other builders are quoting for 2BHK and 3BHK are too much , some websites like commonfloor.com displays flats for around 2.5 to 3.0 crores for 3BHK at shahastradhara road . This is insane .
    I think buying a land would be a good option , you will also be having the freedom of constructing your house in any fashion you like both from outside as well as inside..
    CommentQuote
  • There is one GTM Forest Lavana 1bhk project on Haridwar road opposite to IIP, Mohkampur.These guys promised 1bhk at reasonable rates. They made the basic structure of 1bhk towers in just 100days ( wonder how strong the structure turned out to be).Now they have delayed the project.I guess they have diverted the money into their GTM city centre mall near old bus station. The possession has been delayed from March 2015 to April 2018.SBI is banking partner.People are complaining to SBI about this.They have nowhere to go.When will there be Regulator for Real Estate in Our country????
    CommentQuote
  • GTM forest lavana Haridwar Road , Mohkampur

see this is what the structure looks like since last 6months
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I got this reply when i asked about the possession :

"Dear Ms. Rupali Rana

With reference to your email dated 21/08/2015 wherein you have mentioned your concern over the possession of the aforesaid flat to you. We hereby requested you to refer the Buyer Seller Agreement executed with you on dated 03/06/2014 & as per its clause no- 41 we are supposed to handover the possession in any case 36 months from the date of execution of the Buyer Seller Agreement subject to Force Majeure Circumstance and timely payment.

However its stands apparent that we are at a very advance stage of construction as at present we are in progress of Internal/ External Plaster for Block- C and indeed we are trying our best possible efforts to offer the possession of your flat to you at earliest.

For any other details feel free to contact us at customercare@gtm.co.in

Warm Regards
    Ritika Manaktala
    CommentQuote
  • I do not know what to do or what to say. 1bhk mei ye haal hai toh baad mei ye 4 bhk banaane wale hain usmei kya hoga???
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote