Sort by :
Filter by :
- Hi Vishal
Thanks for initiating this discussion.
I am also keen in exploring opportunities for investment in Baroda. My interest is in residential property.
I use to stay in a flat (rental) on OP Road before migrating overseas.
As per the latest information received, Baroda is among the upcoming cities of Gujarat in terms of property investment.
I would really appreciate if somebody can enlighten us with more information regarding the same.
- The Vadodara collectorate has planed to project the district as the best investment destination in the state during the next Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit to be held in January 2013.
To execute the plan, the district administration has collaborated with the Federation of Gujarat Industries (FGI). As per the agreement, FGI will set up an exhibition focusing on agri-engineering and automobile industry at the summit venue — Mahatma Mandir — in Gandhinagar. While the collectorate will provide legal advice to industries, FGI will play the role of a facilitator.
According to District Collector Vinod Rao, Vadodara has an edge over other districts in attracting investment. “Land prices here are lower than Ahmedabad and Surat. Besides, the city offers high quality of life at low cost. We have excellent infrastructure. We have an airport, a port nearby in Dahej and an excellent road and rail connectivity. The district is a power hub,” he said.
FGI believes big-ticket investment will boost ancillary industries in the district. “Vadodara is a manufacturing hub for electrical goods. Hero is coming up at Halol besides General Motor’s plant there. Vadodara has the potential to emerge as an auto-ancillary hub as well,” said FGI vice-president Amit Patel.
Chinese transformer manufacturer TBEA and TTK Prestige Group of India are among the companies which will be setting up manufacturing facilities in Karjan taluka of the district after signing separate memoranda at the last investors’ summit.
Rao said his office would soon set up an industry cell at the district collectorate to exclusively handle matters of land and other clearances. “Many a time, industrialists end up buying land that later turns out to be disputed. This leads to delays, and sometimes, cancellations of projects. To overcome such issues, the industry cell will guide investors what type of land to buy,” he added.
Vadodara admn in overdrive to attract investors - Indian ExpressCommentQuote0Flag
- Vadodara is one of the cosmopolitan cities of India. It is located in the central part of the Indian state, Gujarat. It is basically known as the largest beneficiary to the Indian process of industrialization. A number of factors such as the availability of raw materials, financial resources, product demand, material and financial resources, skillful mobilization of human resources and, last but not least, thriving public and private entrepreneurs have made Vadodara one of India's fastest growing industrial centers.
Vadodara is very well backed by both support and social infrastructures, which are sufficient for the process of investing. It has a sophisticated power supply network, which contains 48 sub stations and has six gas pipelines. The water supply is also systematic and several projects have been undertaken for the purpose of irrigation and industrial uses.
It also has a sophisticated road, rail and air connectivity, all of which will make Vadodara a preferred destination to invest in India.
Investment Opportunities in Vadodara
The investment opportunities in Vadodara are pervasive in almost all sectors and some of the major industries include:
Food And Agro-based industries: Rice Pearl, Cotton ginning and Pressing , Dehydration Plants
Mineral Based Industries: Cement pipe production, quarry, mosaic, micronized minerals, tar and so on.
Engineering: Machinery and Electronic equipment, Construction of windows and grills.
Chemicals: Metal, wood, pesticides, varnishes, cosmetics, perfumes and many more.
Forest related industries: Furniture, Ayurvedic medicines
Animal related industries: Dairy, Poultry, Cattle feed, wool, leather, bone fertilizers
Plastic: Molded Electronic accessories, melamine crockery, submersible pumps, polythene bags
Textiles: Carpet weaving facilities and silk production
Vadodara has already attracted a number of foreign investors. This can be corroborated by the presence of several Multinational Companies such as the French Petrochemical company, ABB. The ABB is planning to invest $500 million in its Vadodara plant to use it as a worldwide source base for electrical equipment and circuit breakers.
However, the main cynosure of Vadodara for investors lies in the Vadodara - Ankleshwar Industrial Area which is strategically located and has easy access to the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) which links Vadodara with the major dominating cities in India and also provides additional value to investors in the Vadodara - Ankleshwar region. Its key sectors include Biotech, Chemicals and Petrochemicals, and Food and Agriculture. Its industrial infrastructure contains 13 industrial estates and 3 SEZs. It also has a touch of the future outlook and has export oriented industrial units, Ceramics, Chemicals, Pharma and Textile industries and has SEZ to cater to engineering. It has integrated townships for investors and has an opportunity for development of Duel fuel and Gas based captive plants.
The state government of Gujarat is also keeping no stone unturned to attract investors to Vadodara under its Vibrant Gujarat global investors Summit - an initiative of the state government of Gujarat - to attract more and more foreign investment to Gujarat. With all the favorable investing opportunities, and a Vibrant backing of the government, Vadodara is surely one of the best investment destinations in India
Vadodara Attractive Investment Destination In Gujarat IndiaCommentQuote0Flag
- Are there any IT companies coming up in Vadodra?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by sachinprabhAre there any IT companies coming up in Vadodra?
yes many are already many more yet to come :)CommentQuote0Flag
- Vadodara is very good from investment stand point. However, one have to understand that the return on investment would be steady (around 10-15% per year) and not explosive. The lower population and higher happiness index makes the city more liveable. Hence, it is preferable to look at it as retirement investment.
Don't get exited by the rocking development plans / proposals as they have been floating there for long time. Lots of inventory (residential) is already built up but the local customers knows what is worth and how much.CommentQuote0Flag
- What r the new upcoming major roads where one can invest with a horizon of 5-7 yrs. have been out of touch f baroda since 10 yrs.CommentQuote0Flag
- Also can this or any other Vadodara thread be kept updated regularly so that it is easier to know the realty developments as they happen.CommentQuote0Flag
- Any updates on the education hub being created around jaspur in padra.CommentQuote0Flag
- What r going rates for agricultural land in jaspurCommentQuote0Flag
- better part for edn use, keeping in mind the gentry, availability of facilities at doorstep, will be around Alkapuri, OP Road, Akota, etc....CommentQuote0Flag
- Was looking for some long term investment in land.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by iforpuntoWhat r the new upcoming major roads where one can invest with a horizon of 5-7 yrs. have been out of touch f baroda since 10 yrs.
u can invest in areas like
these are one the good areasCommentQuote0Flag
- Don's invest in Haathee group. Riviera city Ajwa road , Vadodara Don.t trust them.CommentQuote0Flag