Hello All,

I am interested in buying a house / land in Vadodara - Gujarat with a dual purpose of investment and retirement planning.

I heard that East of NH-8 is attracting a lot of corporate investments in areas of Nimeta, Savli, Hanumanpura, Vaghodia etc. Heard DLF has purchased some 400+ acres of land there. Is the story TRUE ? or just rumours. How attractive is Vadodara in terms of investment ? Does it make sense to do real estate investment with a time horizon of 10-15 years ?

Is anyone aware of current ongoing rates per Sft / Vigha in areas like Hanumanpura, Ajwa, Nimeta, Saavli, Vaghodia ?
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I heard about multiple opportunities in vadodara. However, not sure if it will turn out to be a good investment opportunity as the rental income is very very low. Understand the resale value might surge over period of 5-10 years but as an investor, really looking for some positive cash flow while I hold the property !

I was wondering if there are any specific forum for RE Investing in gujarat ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravishah
    I heard about multiple opportunities in vadodara. However, not sure if it will turn out to be a good investment opportunity as the rental income is very very low. Understand the resale value might surge over period of 5-10 years but as an investor, really looking for some positive cash flow while I hold the property !

I was wondering if there are any specific forum for RE Investing in gujarat ?

sorry for delay reply

yes it will good option if u invest in the city for long term
    invest in good areas

first of all u have to tell the budget

as per me better areas are
    1 NIZAMPURA
    2 ELORA PARK
    3 RACE COURSE
    4 Makarpura

if u r enduser avoid makarpura if investor u can invest any of the above 4
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prakashbask
    Is vadodara still attractive for investment? How is the eastern side of vadodara near L&T knowledge city coming up? Is it advisable to invest in this area?

yes i will say but invest for long term say 5 years
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prakashbask
    I came to know there are many plotting schemes available on the Ajwa-Nimeta road and it is also marked as non-industrial zone. Are there any good options on this road?

it will be good option for enduse but if u want to invest i will say avoid there many area better than ajwa road
    CommentQuote
  • Go for the best projects on Ajwa Nimeta for plots or bunglows I suggest
    CommentQuote
  • How can Baroda be best city to live in India???? Climate is the factor neutralizing all its other positives.

but yes for living i will say it is the best city in india(not an overstatement by any means), as u get the best of gentry with compact size and all needs of a metro city can be met. also distances in gujrat though look large in kms r actually covered much faster due to excellent roads. so ultimately look for property as end user or long term, and preferably land(plots) for better returns. i have been living myself in baroda for 25 yrs now.
    CommentQuote
  • only climate does not negate all positives. one can always argue, but considering all factors it is definitely not an overstatement to say that it is one of the best and safest cities.
    CommentQuote
  • What are the prospects of Halol? Ashiana has launched a project in Halol.
    CommentQuote
  • halol is an industrial town mainly, growing now as all other small towns due to industrial activity. GM has plans to expand it's plant there. in terms of appreciation, overall it is muted in whole gujarat as infrastructure is good everywhere and does not make sense for ppl to gather in a small area for living. but if invested wisely in commercial property, then good rental returns can be expected in price to rent percentage terms as it is still cheap compared to metros.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iforpunto
    halol is an industrial town mainly, growing now as all other small towns due to industrial activity. GM has plans to expand it's plant there. in terms of appreciation, overall it is muted in whole gujarat as infrastructure is good everywhere and does not make sense for ppl to gather in a small area for living. but if invested wisely in commercial property, then good rental returns can be expected in price to rent percentage terms as it is still cheap compared to metros.

Hero Motocorp has also invested around 1200 crores in Halol for setting up its fourth plant.
    This can certainly help in terms of rental income for people who have property in Halol, once the Hero Motocorp plant is fully operational.
    CommentQuote
  • yes, rental income will def go up, but again the investment duration has to be 5-7 yrs minimum. and also entry point has to be good. commercial property in gujarat is generally easy to buy and steady rental income can be easily expected. this is a good time to buy as the market in whole gujarat has been muted since last 2-3 yrs.
    CommentQuote
  • compared to ashiana, local builders will always give better deal and negotiate, but for that one has to have local understanding. for safe investment ashiana can be looked at.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iforpunto
    compared to ashiana, local builders will always give better deal and negotiate, but for that one has to have local understanding. for safe investment ashiana can be looked at.

Very well said. Thanks for the feedback.
    CommentQuote
  • what is bad in Vadodara climate. I do not find really
    CommentQuote
  • Don's invest in Haathee group. Riviera city Ajwa road , Vadodara Don.t trust them.
    CommentQuote