Zirakpur used to be a proper village till a few years ago (as I have heard). Currently a lot of real estate development is going on in Zirakpur because of its close proximity to Chandigarh and connectivity (the three highways merge at Zirakpur - the CHD-Ambala Expressway, CHD-Patiala highway and the Zirakpur Kalka Highway. The Zirakpur Kalka Highway is being widened and converted to an expressway. The CHD-Patiala highway is also planned to be widened in future).

The Zirakpur bus stop itself still has a village/old market look(although a mall Paras downtown square has come up on the crossing), but the good point is that there is a flyover over Zirakpur and for all practical purposes you can take the flyover and avoid the Zirakpur bus stop and traffic. The apartments and new developments are coming up away from the Zirakpur bus stop, in the peripheries. The areas where most of the real estate development is happening, can be broadly classified into 3-4 sub areas.

Area 1. VIP Road, Ambala Highway and Patiala Highway and the vicinity:- VIP Road is a link road connecting the Ambala Highway and the Patiala Highway. While coming from Ambala towards Chandigarh, the VIP road is on the left side after Silver city township and before the Zirakpur flyover starts. The other end of the VIP road meets Patiala highway just before Nabha sahib Gurudwara. The VIP Road is planned to be 60 ft road as per master plan. The positive points of this area are that it started developing a few years ago and is amongst the areas which are observing fastest development. There are lot of comemrcial projects coming near this area. There are malls planned like Global Spirit Mall, Cosmos Plaza, Chandigarh city center etc just near the entry point of VIP Road. Also the projects started coming up in the area a few years back and many projects in this area are near completion and some are already inhabited and people living there. The proximity to all the three highways is a plus and for commute to Chandigarh, one can always take the flyover and avoid the Zirakpur traffic. There are residential townships like Silver City and Silver City extension in this area which are already hit and posh areas. People say that the negative point of this area is that the road planned is 60ft wide which will lead to traffic and chaos in longer run, but I think differently and I believe that the road will be able to handle the traffic.

Area 2. Peer Mushalla Area: This area is also observing development and getting many projects. This area is just touching Panchkula Sector-20 and that is the main selling point of this area. Currently the approach to the area is from Sector-20 Panchkula through an internal sector road, but later in the future there are wider roads of 100 ft and 60 ft planned in this area connecting to Zirakpur and to Panchkula. This area has started developing only recently and relies heavily on the infrastructure of Sector-20 panchkula. This area will not witness much commercial growth in near future, but the Sector-20 panchkula market is already developed and a good market. As per my understanding the only positive point of this area is that it is just adjacent to Sector-20 and in long run will just look like an extension of Sector-20 and kind of posh. As of now not much infrastucture is there in this area (like street lights, proper roads, market etc) but in longer run it might look a very decent area. The negative point as of now is the only appraoch road is the street from Panchkula sector-20 and then there are people who say that this street is not a planned street and will be blocked etc etc. This area entry is about 1.5 kms inside from Zirakpur-Kalka highway and some of the projects coming here are about 2 kms or so away from the Kalka highway.

Area 3. Dhakoli area - This area is near the village Dhakoli near the Military 'K' defence area about 1 to 1.5 km from the Zirakpur bus stop towards Kalka highway. This is already inhabited area and the projects here have come up or are coming up in the land banks which were vacant. There are some projects which have come up in residential area near Gurudwara Baoli sahib and some others which are coming up on the Gazipur road (the road on which Dee Ess Estates and Fort Resort are there. That road is a 150 ft planned road in master plan). The positive points about this area are that this area is already inhabited and has the facilities and infrastructure, but the new projects coming on Gazipur road are in middle of agriculture land. The projects which are in residential area are comparatively smaller projects and don't have much open area and amenities to offer.

These are my views about the areas and others' views and comments invited in terms of which area will be the best from an end buyer perspective.
Read more
73 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree with you Sonia, My Order of Preference with Keeping an Eye on Future Development in this Region would be

1) Chandigarh-Ambala Highway (Will be the Hottest Area in the Tri City in coming 3-5 Years)
    2) VIP Road
    3) Patiala Road
    4) Peer Mashalla
    CommentQuote
  • Well! Zirakpur become a huge city after 3-4 years because lot of development is going on in that particular area. Basically, Zirakpur is a connector of Chandigarh, Patiala, Shimla, Ambala like cities and lot of big highway projects is planned in that particular area. For buyer perspective, I am interested to spend my money in Zirakpur. Right now it is a hub where real estate builders investing their money and In future it became a porch area .
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with all of you Guys......In the coming 3-5 Years....Zirakpur will be the hot favorite in the Tri-City with all the Modern Facilities and Property Prices will become many folds like what happened in Chandigarh and Panchkula in the Past Few Years......

I met many industry experts and most of them have the same views about the Zirakpur Area.........
    CommentQuote
  • Zirakpur is the only AFFORDABLE place in the vicnity of Chandigarh international airport. If I am not wrong, may be it is the cheapest place in vicnity of any international airport in India. On should not ignore the potential of an international airport in creating value to the property in its vicinity.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, Zirakpur is the most affordable in the TRI-CITY at the moment and is closest to Chandigarh. Zirakpur is among the top 10 realty hot spots in INDIA at the moment with other cities like Nasik, Nagpur , Jaipur etc.

If one is looking for affordable investment, Zirakpur at the moment is the Best !!
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested to buy a residential as well as commercial property in Zirakpur’s Ambala Highway side because it is suitable for all purposes, lot of big malls is developed in that particular location. The main plus point is international airport is very near and lots of aboard industries are planned to buy a property in this area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by naresh_kumar
    Zirakpur is the only AFFORDABLE place in the vicnity of Chandigarh international airport. If I am not wrong, may be it is the cheapest place in vicnity of any international airport in India. On should not ignore the potential of an international airport in creating value to the property in its vicinity.

The best and most efficient international airport in India is Hyderabad . When the airport was announced 8-9 years back, the land prices just shot up and from 1000/- per Sq yard, it went on to become around 10000/-. Well, currently it is around 3000 per sq yard and even then there is not much demand. While the prices have shot up multiple times in the city, the area near airport have not kept the pace and reality has really slowed down. In fact, the airport is like 40 kms from the IT hub and 30 kms away from the city.

My point is that proximity to international airport is not a big thing and definitely not good for residential demand. You might see a lot of commercial activity but even then I don't think anybody would aspire to live close to an international airport.. When the airport was announced 8-9 years back, the land prices just shot up and from 1000/- per Sq yard, it went on to become around 10000/-. Well, currently it is around 3000 per sq yard and even then there is not much demand. While the prices have shot up multiple times in the city, the area near airport have not kept the pace and reality has really slowed down. In fact, the airport is like 40 kms from the IT hub and 30 kms away from the city.

My point is that proximity to international airport is not a big thing and definitely not good for residential demand. You might see a lot of commercial activity but even then I don't think anybody would aspire to live close to an international airport.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by 1acres
    The best and most efficient international airport in India is Hyderabad . When the airport was announced 8-9 years back, the land prices just shot up and from 1000/- per Sq yard, it went on to become around 10000/-. Well, currently it is around 3000 per sq yard and even then there is not much demand. While the prices have shot up multiple times in the city, the area near airport have not kept the pace and reality has really slowed down. In fact, the airport is like 40 kms from the IT hub and 30 kms away from the city.

My point is that proximity to international airport is not a big thing and definitely not good for residential demand. You might see a lot of commercial activity but even then I don't think anybody would aspire to live close to an international airport.

I have no idea about Hyderabad, but I have noticed in Delhi that prices in Gurgaon and Dwarka (in Delhi) have increased a lot after international airport terminal 3. The most important reason behind this increase was international airport and infrastructure it brought with it. Hope you agree...

I have no idea about Hyderabad, but I have noticed in Delhi that prices in Gurgaon and Dwarka (in Delhi) have increased a lot after international airport terminal 3. The most important reason behind this increase was international airport and infrastructure it brought with it. Hope you agree...

CommentQuote
  • Honestly, the airport has not much been the reason for the increase of the property prices in Gurgaon. The reason is its proximity to Delhi and a better price in addition to security of gated communities and many multinationals shifting their offices to Gurgaon. If anything, as stated earlier, it's silly living very close to an airport with continual disturbance from the sound of airplanes. With regard to Zirakpur, the region only has value as it is close to Chandigarh and prices depend on society to society. There is oversupply no doubt and not much scope for price correction as a lot of black money has been pumped in the area, but still good deals are possible if you look hard enough.
    CommentQuote
  • There are two important things to Consider about TRI CITY now...

Most of the happening in Residential Real Estate & Commercial Real Estate is in the Zirakpur and in some parts of Mohali. There is no doubt about it. There is over supply that is very correct but you will soon find with in 3-4 years everything will be occupied in this area due to the best location in the tri-city and close to the chandigarh. It is or will be the connection of various cities / towns like Patiala, Ambala, Chandigarh, Derabassi, Mohali etc...........So Why not to invest in Zirakpur that is the connector of all these cities with lot's of development plans ahead on the way in the coming Years.....

One can also judge from the fact that in Panchkula the Prices have come down 15-20 % in the last 1-2 years. Despite this fact Zirakpur Rates are constant....and in some apartments it also goes up.............which shows the high promises and capability of this AREA.................
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SuhelJain
    There are two important things to Consider about TRI CITY now...

Most of the happening in Residential Real Estate & Commercial Real Estate is in the Zirakpur and in some parts of Mohali. There is no doubt about it. There is over supply that is very correct but you will soon find with in 3-4 years everything will be occupied in this area due to the best location in the tri-city and close to the chandigarh. It is or will be the connection of various cities / towns like Patiala, Ambala, Chandigarh, Derabassi, Mohali etc...........So Why not to invest in Zirakpur that is the connector of all these cities with lot's of development plans ahead on the way in the coming Years.....

One can also judge from the fact that in Panchkula the Prices have come down 15-20 % in the last 1-2 years. Despite this fact Zirakpur Rates are constant....and in some apartments it also goes up.............which shows the high promises and capability of this AREA.................

Zirakpur is worst developed area. Only flats do not matter. Just see roads. So called VIP road is just 10-15 meters wide ands you have lots of flats there. What kind of area Punjab is devolping. Why it cannot learn something from Haryana. Even UP is far better in developing City infra. Noida even noida extention is proper planned and devloped. All society of Zirakpur has poor construction also and these roads definitely going to make life miserable.
    There is no proper recreation in town. If any one has seen indirapuram in Ghaziabad, which is known as concrete jungle, this Zirakpur is far far worse than that area even. Indirapuram is Heaven in front of Zirakpur. If there are NRI and others who book flat , without visiting area, this is word of caution
    CommentQuote
  • I come back to chd after 8 yrs and since last month has seen all areas of this tricity.
    In 8 years even chandigarh has detriorated a lot ( will write in next comment) but these so called new area developing around chandigarh are totally unplanned. So when other cities were improving standard of living and doing planned development, it is bad luck for first planned city of India to have such an unplanned growth.

In patiala road there are t3-4 appartment on right side ( moving towards patiala).

Satyam Apartments,Swastick Vihar: My god this society even donot have proper gate. You will find stray dogs roaming inside and builder bhai sahab is constructing tower one after another. Hardly place to live for. Good thing is that it is near Patiala road so approachable( Patiala road itself is hardly 50 m wide and no lighting in area).

Green Heights one and two: Very bad construction. not even 5 meter wide road.Jiska jahan dil kiya wahin Plot kat liya hai

Only Skynet is good society. construction is ok. Near to Main road.

So Called VIP Road: No Idea who has given name of VIP to that road. if coming from chandigarh then travel 1 km more to cut. Apartment near to Ambala road can be considered but not ones that are deep inside this Very Imp Road.

Jaipuriya : lives its reputation of worst builder. Flats will not be better than what one see in Indirapuram.

Maya Garden tau wakai hi Bhagwan ki maya hai.

Apart from Nirmal Chhaya, I did not like any society there.

Only flats joing main highway can be considered. Rishi apartment has good location. But further you move, further you are in jungle. Chandigarh has no Mall culture, so when I read someone example of saying lots of Mall in Area , I cannot anything but amused by such statements.

Have not seen DLF and ATS , because these are very far from IT PARK. These two builders have reputation in NCR so societies will be good but Main Hamper is unplanning.

Panchkula sector 20 has old societies but planned one. I just wished that something like sector 20 panchkula would had been around with new construction and infra .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rudresh26
    I come back to chd after 8 yrs and since last month has seen all areas of this tricity.
    In 8 years even chandigarh has detriorated a lot ( will write in next comment) but these so called new area developing around chandigarh are totally unplanned. So when other cities were improving standard of living and doing planned development, it is bad luck for first planned city of India to have such an unplanned growth.

In patiala road there are t3-4 appartment on right side ( moving towards patiala).

Satyam Apartments,Swastick Vihar: My god this society even donot have proper gate. You will find stray dogs roaming inside and builder bhai sahab is constructing tower one after another. Hardly place to live for. Good thing is that it is near Patiala road so approachable( Patiala road itself is hardly 50 m wide and no lighting in area).

Green Heights one and two: Very bad construction. not even 5 meter wide road.Jiska jahan dil kiya wahin Plot kat liya hai

Only Skynet is good society. construction is ok. Near to Main road.

So Called VIP Road: No Idea who has given name of VIP to that road. if coming from chandigarh then travel 1 km more to cut. Apartment near to Ambala road can be considered but not ones that are deep inside this Very Imp Road.

Jaipuriya : lives its reputation of worst builder. Flats will not be better than what one see in Indirapuram.

Maya Garden tau wakai hi Bhagwan ki maya hai.

Apart from Nirmal Chhaya, I did not like any society there.

Only flats joing main highway can be considered. Rishi apartment has good location. But further you move, further you are in jungle. Chandigarh has no Mall culture, so when I read someone example of saying lots of Mall in Area , I cannot anything but amused by such statements.

Have not seen DLF and ATS , because these are very far from IT PARK. These two builders have reputation in NCR so societies will be good but Main Hamper is unplanning.

Panchkula sector 20 has old societies but planned one. I just wished that something like sector 20 panchkula would had been around with new construction and infra .

Finally the ground realities of Zirakpur ;)
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Rudresh in some points. I can understand that not all areas of Zirakpur should be considered now. Apartments on Main Chandigarh Ambala Highway can be considered as they are on very Good Location. As Rudresh says one of them is :

RISHI APARTMENTS - Surely a fantastic Location and Ready 1, 3 & 4 BHK Flats to Buy at very Affordable Rates in this society.
    Royale Estate - Another Fantastic Location with Ready Flats to Buy.

Few Societies are coming on this Highway are near MacDonalds:
    Maya Garden City (Good Location but will take 2-3 years for final completions)

Now we can talk about VIP Road Projects

I agree the road is not wide at the moment but Nirmal Chaya is a good society there. Development is unplanned but let's see how Govt can now do the future development in this VIP road area in Zirakpur.

So in nutshell, If one is looking for and wish to invest or Buy Flat in Zirakpur - They should look for Location. Location Matters in Zirakpur when one wish to invest. And one can see
    societies like RISHI APARTMENTS, ROYALE ESTATE...etc...woth to invest at the moment because of...........best Locations and hottest locations of Zirakpur.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivanipkl
    I agree with Rudresh in some points. I can understand that not all areas of Zirakpur should be considered now. Apartments on Main Chandigarh Ambala Highway can be considered as they are on very Good Location. As Rudresh says one of them is :

RISHI APARTMENTS - Surely a fantastic Location and Ready 1, 3 & 4 BHK Flats to Buy at very Affordable Rates in this society.
    Royale Estate - Another Fantastic Location with Ready Flats to Buy.

Few Societies are coming on this Highway are near MacDonalds:
    Maya Garden City (Good Location but will take 2-3 years for final completions)

Now we can talk about VIP Road Projects

I agree the road is not wide at the moment but Nirmal Chaya is a good society there. Development is unplanned but let's see how Govt can now do the future development in this VIP road area in Zirakpur.

So in nutshell, If one is looking for and wish to invest or Buy Flat in Zirakpur - They should look for Location. Location Matters in Zirakpur when one wish to invest. And one can see
    societies like RISHI APARTMENTS, ROYALE ESTATE...etc...woth to invest at the moment because of...........best Locations and hottest locations of Zirakpur.

Whats your definition of a good location ?

do you know that with Rishi apartments you can't board the flyover without going the wrong side if you are going to Chd and you have to enter the zkp traffic mess ? Even if you have to go to Delhi, you will need to reach patiala chowk and take a U-turn ? All the traffic from VIP road will pass through the road below the flyover where RISHI is and a big office mall just outside the Rishi will ensure that traffic clogs to max outside that society and chaos always ensure in near future ?
    CommentQuote