Zirakpur used to be a proper village till a few years ago (as I have heard). Currently a lot of real estate development is going on in Zirakpur because of its close proximity to Chandigarh and connectivity (the three highways merge at Zirakpur - the CHD-Ambala Expressway, CHD-Patiala highway and the Zirakpur Kalka Highway. The Zirakpur Kalka Highway is being widened and converted to an expressway. The CHD-Patiala highway is also planned to be widened in future).

The Zirakpur bus stop itself still has a village/old market look(although a mall Paras downtown square has come up on the crossing), but the good point is that there is a flyover over Zirakpur and for all practical purposes you can take the flyover and avoid the Zirakpur bus stop and traffic. The apartments and new developments are coming up away from the Zirakpur bus stop, in the peripheries. The areas where most of the real estate development is happening, can be broadly classified into 3-4 sub areas.

Area 1. VIP Road, Ambala Highway and Patiala Highway and the vicinity:- VIP Road is a link road connecting the Ambala Highway and the Patiala Highway. While coming from Ambala towards Chandigarh, the VIP road is on the left side after Silver city township and before the Zirakpur flyover starts. The other end of the VIP road meets Patiala highway just before Nabha sahib Gurudwara. The VIP Road is planned to be 60 ft road as per master plan. The positive points of this area are that it started developing a few years ago and is amongst the areas which are observing fastest development. There are lot of comemrcial projects coming near this area. There are malls planned like Global Spirit Mall, Cosmos Plaza, Chandigarh city center etc just near the entry point of VIP Road. Also the projects started coming up in the area a few years back and many projects in this area are near completion and some are already inhabited and people living there. The proximity to all the three highways is a plus and for commute to Chandigarh, one can always take the flyover and avoid the Zirakpur traffic. There are residential townships like Silver City and Silver City extension in this area which are already hit and posh areas. People say that the negative point of this area is that the road planned is 60ft wide which will lead to traffic and chaos in longer run, but I think differently and I believe that the road will be able to handle the traffic.

Area 2. Peer Mushalla Area: This area is also observing development and getting many projects. This area is just touching Panchkula Sector-20 and that is the main selling point of this area. Currently the approach to the area is from Sector-20 Panchkula through an internal sector road, but later in the future there are wider roads of 100 ft and 60 ft planned in this area connecting to Zirakpur and to Panchkula. This area has started developing only recently and relies heavily on the infrastructure of Sector-20 panchkula. This area will not witness much commercial growth in near future, but the Sector-20 panchkula market is already developed and a good market. As per my understanding the only positive point of this area is that it is just adjacent to Sector-20 and in long run will just look like an extension of Sector-20 and kind of posh. As of now not much infrastucture is there in this area (like street lights, proper roads, market etc) but in longer run it might look a very decent area. The negative point as of now is the only appraoch road is the street from Panchkula sector-20 and then there are people who say that this street is not a planned street and will be blocked etc etc. This area entry is about 1.5 kms inside from Zirakpur-Kalka highway and some of the projects coming here are about 2 kms or so away from the Kalka highway.

Area 3. Dhakoli area - This area is near the village Dhakoli near the Military 'K' defence area about 1 to 1.5 km from the Zirakpur bus stop towards Kalka highway. This is already inhabited area and the projects here have come up or are coming up in the land banks which were vacant. There are some projects which have come up in residential area near Gurudwara Baoli sahib and some others which are coming up on the Gazipur road (the road on which Dee Ess Estates and Fort Resort are there. That road is a 150 ft planned road in master plan). The positive points about this area are that this area is already inhabited and has the facilities and infrastructure, but the new projects coming on Gazipur road are in middle of agriculture land. The projects which are in residential area are comparatively smaller projects and don't have much open area and amenities to offer.

These are my views about the areas and others' views and comments invited in terms of which area will be the best from an end buyer perspective.
Read more
73 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • dear Jatinder,
    u r right about goin to chd. towards that side u have to go below the flyover. but when u have to go to ambala u can take a u turmn much before patiala chowk which is about 100 mts from rishi gate.
    (if that has not been closed recently). i visited there around 5 months back)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saksham
    dear Jatinder,
    u r right about goin to chd. towards that side u have to go below the flyover. but when u have to go to ambala u can take a u turmn much before patiala chowk which is about 100 mts from rishi gate.
    (if that has not been closed recently). i visited there around 5 months back)

I had said exactly this in my comment. Even that whole stretch falls under flyover. the stretch is lesser congested than the next T-point(Downtown square point) but it does have all the chaos as Downtown square T-point in peak times. They are trying to create more cuts under the flyover to reduce jam at the patiala T-point but more cuts means more vehicles trying to turn and it can be even further chaos in peak times so all they can do is sit and hope something can be done some day !!

Zirakpur is a perfectly designed mess, A mess could not have been better even if you design carefully !!
    CommentQuote
  • HI - The Question is Where you can the Most affordable Flats in Tri-City area closest to Chandigarh.....

and Chandigarh Ambala Main Highway Apartments (RISHI, ROYALE ESTATE etc) are few of them which are in closest vicinity of Chandigarh and on HIGHWAY....now I hope you understand the meaning of Good Location...They are not in Far Village areas like KHARAR, Landarn, Mullanpur etc...........where development will take another 10 Years.....

Now give me your answers: ????????

The only answer will be Zirakpur...........and our most salaried people wants affordable price flats.....and at the moment Zirakpur fulfills this Demand....That's why more then 70 % of enquiries in real estate expo held in chandigarh few months back are about Zirakpur...........and India Times also rated Zirakpur in top 10 Reality Hot Spots of India....

Rotate your Eyes to Mohali or Panchkula........can salaried class give 70-90 lacs or even crores for flats here.........
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivanipkl
    HI - The Question is Where you can the Most affordable Flats in Tri-City area closest to Chandigarh.....

and Chandigarh Ambala Main Highway Apartments (RISHI, ROYALE ESTATE etc) are few of them which are in closest vicinity of Chandigarh and on HIGHWAY....now I hope you understand the meaning of Good Location...They are not in Far Village areas like KHARAR, Landarn, Mullanpur etc...........where development will take another 10 Years.....

Now give me your answers: ????????

The only answer will be Zirakpur...........and our most salaried people wants affordable price flats.....and at the moment Zirakpur fulfills this Demand....That's why more then 70 % of enquiries in real estate expo held in chandigarh few months back are about Zirakpur...........and India Times also rated Zirakpur in top 10 Reality Hot Spots of India....

Rotate your Eyes to Mohali or Panchkula........can salaried class give 70-90 lacs or even crores for flats here.........

Are you a real estate agent by any chance ?
    CommentQuote
  • @shivanipkl: Currently you cannot see what Jatinderji is pointing to, in near future VIP road will be a mess without any chance of cleaning it up.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not talking about VIP road at the moment. I am talking about CHD-AMBALA Highway Road Projects. These can be considered by buyers looking at affordable priced flats at the moment...

Also, Despite all the unplanned development in Zirakpur, Rates have gone up in the last few years in Zirakpur ....

Statistics From Famous Real Estate Portals like magicbriks,makaan etc also reflects the same

So for Investment wise...........It is anyways Good.......that's why lot's of NRI's have invested in Zirakpur over the last 5 years..and got good returns..........

But in Panchkula...........Property falls 20 % in the last 2 years............
    CommentQuote
    I am not talking about VIP road at the moment. I am talking about CHD-AMBALA Highway Road Projects. These can be considered by buyers looking at affordable priced flats at the moment...

Also, Despite all the unplanned development in Zirakpur, Rates have gone up in the last few years in Zirakpur ....

Statistics From Famous Real Estate Portals like magicbriks,makaan etc also reflects the same

So for Investment wise...........It is anyways Good.......that's why lot's of NRI's have invested in Zirakpur over the last 5 years..and got good returns..........

But in Panchkula...........Property falls 20 % in the last 2 years............

LOL .. all the panchkula investors/residents will be finding a well to drown themselves into, The stats of your beautiful city are being put in parallel with Zirakpur :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • i am a delhite and visited my flat penta homes in vip road zirakhpur just two days back....vip road looks very positive in future,,...all negative publicities about vip road seems exaggerated...for those who want to invest should visit demselves and find the truth...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thank god al
    i am a delhite and visited my flat penta homes in vip road zirakhpur just two days back....vip road looks very positive in future,,...all negative publicities about vip road seems exaggerated...for those who want to invest should visit demselves and find the truth...

I visited VIP road yesterday and i think any positive publicity is exaggerated rather then the negative one.
    CommentQuote
  • That is what I am saying from very start. Zirakpur looks very promising in future for Real Estate Development.

I am from panchkula and have flat in PKL Sector 20 and I wish to invest not in PKL becuase of property rates gradually declining here and very slow development is taking place.

and look at the development in Zirakpur.......CHD Ambala Highway & VIP road. Go there and see the truth......HIGH STREET SHOPPING MALL, Plaza Complex, Apartments...all looks very promising.........

I think some people are doing negative publicity of Zirakpur becuase they are property agents of Mohali & PKL. But how can you hide the truth Guys.......

Ye Public hain ye sab jaaanti hain........My Final Words......

Invest in Zirakpur get the fruitful returns tomorrow...........!!!
    CommentQuote
  • My 2 cents

finally thought of writing my 2 cents on this subject. I know the area very well and live in the area.

@Jatinder ji - Zirakpur is NO Panchkula or CHD, so there is no question of comparison and there is no point comparing. If one could afford in PKL, I believe he would buy there rather than coming to Zirakpur.

But as others said - Zirakpur's selling point is affordability. When one looks for a home, he would consider many factors like
    - Location/Approach
    - Distance from work place
    - Traffic, Pollution, density etc,
    - Security
    - Open area in society
    - Construction quality
    - Daily needs
    - Other commercial needs
    - Open parks/greenery nearby
    - Gentry in society
    - Healthcare, Schools etc etc

SUBJECT TO HIS BUDGET. And it is a trade-off between all above factors and PRICE. Based on price, above factors may be prioritized re-prioritized etc etc.

Though VIP Road may not be a wide road and looks mess as of now, but there are a few societies in the area which are good to be considered.
    I had visited almost all societies in Zirakpur Dhakauli, Peer Mushalla, Ghazipur road, Patiala Road before chosing my home at Nirmal Chhaya Towers, VIP Road. I will give my point of views based on above factors. I work in IT park by the way.

- Location/Approach: Very near to CHD-AMBALA highway - hardly 0.5 km inside from highway. Nirmal Chhaya also has entry through Silver city and one can take that entry as well to reach Nirmal Chhaya. About the location - the area is getting facelift with Best Price, Metro and ALOFT hotels operational. Global Business park, Cosmo Plaza are in advance stages of construction. Yes while coming from CHD, one has to go extra 1 km to take U turn - but it is hardly 2 mins

- Distance from work place - From my place to IT park is 17-18 kms, but commute time is manageable. It takes me 25 mins on the average and max 30 mins sometimes. We take the Zirakpur Kalka expressway and go via Old PKL, Chandimandir cantt front gate (no need to enter PKL). The traffic under flyover is mess depending upon time of the day. If non-peak hours it doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes to pass the traffic congestion. If it is peak time I avoid Paras chowk and instead use the flyover to go via Chandigarh and then industrial area. I don't recall it took me more than 30 mins ever. While coming back, there is no traffic anywhere

- Traffic, Pollution, density etc - Highway has smooth running traffic and as such there is not much pollution (don't compare to Panchkula anyways). Density is high but that is fine

- Security - Gated complexes, so yes security is there. In fact I know and met people here in society who have lot of money and could easily afford buying a kothi in PKL, but bought an apartment here - for single reason - security and gated complex.

- Open area in society - My society has good open area

- Construction quality - is OK

- Daily needs - there are 2 major departmental stores on VIP Road - Easy Day and Shree Bazar. Apart from that there are all daily needs available - Chemists, Bakeries, Vegetable vedors, Flowrist, , now Bank branch as well, Sweet shop, couple of restaurants and dhabas.

- Other commercial needs- PKL and Paras Downtowm are nearby and also Metro and Best price. Also the upcoming Height shopping centre on VIP Road has signed up with many commercial brands and restaurants,

- Open parks/greenery nearby - Not on VIP Road and not in all societies. Nirmal Chhaya has enough open area and is also connected to Silver city - so you can go and take a stroll in Silver city and enjoy the parks and open areas there

- Gentry in society - good. Nice people and good residents. People who think that only lower middle or middle class people live in Zirakpur, then that is not so.

- Healthcare, Schools etc etc - Not much but then closeness to PKL and CHD helps.

Having said that when somebody said about Rishi Apartments and Royale Estate - I personally don't like the location of these two as you cannot use the flyover from these two socities and I would prefer to be a little inside from highway, than spot on highway. Well one point is from Rishi Apartments to go to Ambala side - you don't have to come all the way to Patiala chowk. Just from Rishi apartments towards Zirakpur there is a turn under flyover in front of Lohgarh Chowk / Kohinoor Dhaba.

When I searched and bought the apartment - I considered many areas and all areas of Zirakpur. I think if i missed any opportunity - then that may be DLF Valley Panchkula. It was available for about Rs 2000 to 2300 psf at time of launch and their floors are in plot area of 300 sq yards. Distance from IT park to DLF site is only about 12-13 kms. The area is not developed and will not develop commercially as Zirakpur is shaping up, but then it is towards hills and from DLF site, you get good views.

Apart from this, I had liked Bollywood Heights in Peer Mushalla, but its approach is bad and the area is totally secluded in night. At times I visit the area in night and conclude that VIP road is much better area/approach.

In nutshell - I don't find any negative in the area, apart from the traffic mess under flyover - but that is manageable as per me.

In the end, a sweet home is much more valuable than the small nuisances if any.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi chdguy, Such a good post !!! I appreciate it. I think whosoever on this website or any other platform wants to know about Zirakpur should read the above post by CHD GUY.......

Very True Story...........of the Zirakpur at the moment.............

My Conclusion : The only disturbing problem in Zirakpur at the moment is traffic mess under flyover but this problem cannot stop buyers from investing in Zirakpur and cannot hide the most affordable region in the TRI-CITY at the moment.

In the future this problem I believe will be resolved by the promising project of Ring Road in the next 3-5 Years time span..............

Just a little conflict with CHDGUY :) I like the CHD Ambala Highway Project Locations also....I know it depends upon choice of person to person. I my view Spot on Highway Locations like RISHI APARTMENTS , Royale Estate & Maya Garden City are nice becuase as Real Estate Prices remain on the up spree at Highway Locations and you cannot have to struggle hard if you want to find buyer .......I also like VIP Road Real Estate Development due to various very nice commercial projects taking place there. No doubt Nirmal Chaya is a very good society on VIP Road. so in my opinion...Both areas VIP Road & CHD Ambala Highway Projects are nice..............:) to invest & Live.

I think people are slowly realizing the true capacity of real estate development in Zirakpur!!
    CommentQuote
    That is what I am saying from very start. Zirakpur looks very promising in future for Real Estate Development.

I am from panchkula and have flat in PKL Sector 20 and I wish to invest not in PKL becuase of property rates gradually declining here and very slow development is taking place.

and look at the development in Zirakpur.......CHD Ambala Highway & VIP road. Go there and see the truth......HIGH STREET SHOPPING MALL, Plaza Complex, Apartments...all looks very promising.........

I think some people are doing negative publicity of Zirakpur becuase they are property agents of Mohali & PKL. But how can you hide the truth Guys.......

Ye Public hain ye sab jaaanti hain........My Final Words......

Invest in Zirakpur get the fruitful returns tomorrow...........!!!

And you are a broker of zirakpur ... ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chdguy
    finally thought of writing my 2 cents on this subject. I know the area very well and live in the area.

@Jatinder ji - Zirakpur is NO Panchkula or CHD, so there is no question of comparison and there is no point comparing. If one could afford in PKL, I believe he would buy there rather than coming to Zirakpur.

But as others said - Zirakpur's selling point is affordability. When one looks for a home, he would consider many factors like
    - Location/Approach
    - Distance from work place
    - Traffic, Pollution, density etc,
    - Security
    - Open area in society
    - Construction quality
    - Daily needs
    - Other commercial needs
    - Open parks/greenery nearby
    - Gentry in society
    - Healthcare, Schools etc etc

SUBJECT TO HIS BUDGET. And it is a trade-off between all above factors and PRICE. Based on price, above factors may be prioritized re-prioritized etc etc.

Though VIP Road may not be a wide road and looks mess as of now, but there are a few societies in the area which are good to be considered.
    I had visited almost all societies in Zirakpur Dhakauli, Peer Mushalla, Ghazipur road, Patiala Road before chosing my home at Nirmal Chhaya Towers, VIP Road. I will give my point of views based on above factors. I work in IT park by the way.

- Location/Approach: Very near to CHD-AMBALA highway - hardly 0.5 km inside from highway. Nirmal Chhaya also has entry through Silver city and one can take that entry as well to reach Nirmal Chhaya. About the location - the area is getting facelift with Best Price, Metro and ALOFT hotels operational. Global Business park, Cosmo Plaza are in advance stages of construction. Yes while coming from CHD, one has to go extra 1 km to take U turn - but it is hardly 2 mins

- Distance from work place - From my place to IT park is 17-18 kms, but commute time is manageable. It takes me 25 mins on the average and max 30 mins sometimes. We take the Zirakpur Kalka expressway and go via Old PKL, Chandimandir cantt front gate (no need to enter PKL). The traffic under flyover is mess depending upon time of the day. If non-peak hours it doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes to pass the traffic congestion. If it is peak time I avoid Paras chowk and instead use the flyover to go via Chandigarh and then industrial area. I don't recall it took me more than 30 mins ever. While coming back, there is no traffic anywhere

- Traffic, Pollution, density etc - Highway has smooth running traffic and as such there is not much pollution (don't compare to Panchkula anyways). Density is high but that is fine

- Security - Gated complexes, so yes security is there. In fact I know and met people here in society who have lot of money and could easily afford buying a kothi in PKL, but bought an apartment here - for single reason - security and gated complex.

- Open area in society - My society has good open area

- Construction quality - is OK

- Daily needs - there are 2 major departmental stores on VIP Road - Easy Day and Shree Bazar. Apart from that there are all daily needs available - Chemists, Bakeries, Vegetable vedors, Flowrist, , now Bank branch as well, Sweet shop, couple of restaurants and dhabas.

- Other commercial needs- PKL and Paras Downtowm are nearby and also Metro and Best price. Also the upcoming Height shopping centre on VIP Road has signed up with many commercial brands and restaurants,

- Open parks/greenery nearby - Not on VIP Road and not in all societies. Nirmal Chhaya has enough open area and is also connected to Silver city - so you can go and take a stroll in Silver city and enjoy the parks and open areas there

- Gentry in society - good. Nice people and good residents. People who think that only lower middle or middle class people live in Zirakpur, then that is not so.

- Healthcare, Schools etc etc - Not much but then closeness to PKL and CHD helps.

Having said that when somebody said about Rishi Apartments and Royale Estate - I personally don't like the location of these two as you cannot use the flyover from these two socities and I would prefer to be a little inside from highway, than spot on highway. Well one point is from Rishi Apartments to go to Ambala side - you don't have to come all the way to Patiala chowk. Just from Rishi apartments towards Zirakpur there is a turn under flyover in front of Lohgarh Chowk / Kohinoor Dhaba.

When I searched and bought the apartment - I considered many areas and all areas of Zirakpur. I think if i missed any opportunity - then that may be DLF Valley Panchkula. It was available for about Rs 2000 to 2300 psf at time of launch and their floors are in plot area of 300 sq yards. Distance from IT park to DLF site is only about 12-13 kms. The area is not developed and will not develop commercially as Zirakpur is shaping up, but then it is towards hills and from DLF site, you get good views.

Apart from this, I had liked Bollywood Heights in Peer Mushalla, but its approach is bad and the area is totally secluded in night. At times I visit the area in night and conclude that VIP road is much better area/approach.

In nutshell - I don't find any negative in the area, apart from the traffic mess under flyover - but that is manageable as per me.

In the end, a sweet home is much more valuable than the small nuisances if any.

Good one chdguy, Bringing down the facts and figures from a personal point really helps much much better than just pomping around that people have got returns !! In my opinion, ZKP is definitely not a place where the flats will sell in crores in any near time just like they do in Mohali and Panchkula(5-7 years atleast after everything gets full then may be) but its definitely a place where you can put in your home and that too readily without having to rely on builder/agent's false promises. A good Planning of a city always definitely shows up in the appreciation in a good run which is missing with ZKP. People might have got a good returns who invested in ZKP in 2006-2007 but that was a general property trend and that push happened everywhere in India. A kothi selling for 90L in PKL at those times is commanding 2+Cr at this downtime as well and same goes for mohali or any other city for that matter. Investing in ZKP at the current rate of 65-70L in nirmal chhaya/Royal or at 50L in Rishi and expecting it to become 1Cr in 4-5 years is just an absurd thought !! But again all these are ready to move properties and if you use it for your purpose, you anyways get the returns by the comfort of the home and saved rent but for pure investment purpose, I really have reserved thoughts about ZKP.

BTW, i never said that people are comparing zkp with panchkula, i just said putting in parallel, there is a difference .. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatinderchd
    Good one chdguy, Bringing down the facts and figures from a personal point really helps much much better than just pomping around that people have got returns !! In my opinion, ZKP is definitely not a place where the flats will sell in crores in any near time just like they do in Mohali and Panchkula(5-7 years atleast after everything gets full then may be) but its definitely a place where you can put in your home and that too readily without having to rely on builder/agent's false promises. A good Planning of a city always definitely shows up in the appreciation in a good run which is missing with ZKP. People might have got a good returns who invested in ZKP in 2006-2007 but that was a general property trend and that push happened everywhere in India. A kothi selling for 90L in PKL at those times is commanding 2+Cr at this downtime as well and same goes for mohali or any other city for that matter. Investing in ZKP at the current rate of 65-70L in nirmal chhaya/Royal or at 50L in Rishi and expecting it to become 1Cr in 4-5 years is just an absurd thought !! But again all these are ready to move properties and if you use it for your purpose, you anyways get the returns by the comfort of the home and saved rent but for pure investment purpose, I really have reserved thoughts about ZKP.

BTW, i never said that people are comparing zkp with panchkula, i just said putting in parallel, there is a difference .. ;)

In 2006-2007, no body expected that flats in zirakpur can sell in 50-60 lacs. But it is selling now. Same way, say after 6-7 years, it may sell at 1 cr also, but that time Mohali flat will sell at 4 cr. Difference will always be there. Jitna gurh daloge, utna meetha hoga. More you put now for investment, more you will gain in future. It is simple arithmatic....
    CommentQuote