I have been reading the forum for a long time and after much thought, I decided to purchase a Penthouse in Zirakpur. Enlisting some of my findings over the past 6 months of survey:

Maya Gardens: An obvious choice upfront owing to so many advertisements on FM and newspapers. Their sample flat was fine. However, when I personally visited the site after construction, I was disappointed with the construction quality, finishing and the layout. People staying there are unhappy lot. Their basement parking is bad and penthouses were poorly shaped. Now they have come up with Maya City (next to McDonalds) but I hear that their phase II and III of Maya Garden was not well received and many people have withdrawn from the initial offers.

SBP Southcity/Jaipuria - Approach road to these are still being constructed and are blocked on the patiala highway. Some forest clearance issues are there. Though the builders promised all issues to be resolved in 2 months, we all know how good they are in selling and

Nirmal Chhaya: A lot is being said about it. Yes, it has multiple entries; is close to a shopping mall and is a big township. Their construction quality is ok, facilities are good but a 3 BR costs close to 52 lacs. Still, it seemed promising and I shortlisted the same.

Sushma Elite Cross: The company claims that it has sold out all the 254 flats. But has anyone visited their duplex houses on the Zirakpur Patiala highway? They are pathetic in terms of quality of construction and layout plan. This was no better. Though each flat is corner one with only 2 flats on each floor, the layout plan of the flat is bad. See the sample flat, it resembles as if you are in a walled partition, an extended lobby that has 4 doors lined side by side. The kitchen and dining/drawing area were good though.

Spangle Condos - As someone mentioned, they are providing too many amenities. Their club is operational with gym, snooker, TT, coffee shop, theater etc. Providing 3 KVA backup, piped gas, gyzers etc. I saw their Penthouse and was struck with the changes that they are offerring for the new ones. A splash pool of 232 sqft volume, extended balconies, bath tub, barbeque, gazibo, terrace garden etc. Common amenities are bounty - transportation facility, creche/playway, basketball court, lawn tennis court, swimming pool, piped gas supply all are value additions. Only problem is the open space - Just one park in this complex which is yet to be constructed. Defense personal and people from Infosys are the major buyers. I hear that they have sold out all the flats and only resale is available. Further only 4 penthouses are available now.

With that, I think Spangle is a good option. The golf course and lake are in near proximity while approach to Ambala highway can be via the dhakoli village or via the villages next to proposed golf course. Sector 20 panchkula is 3 kms and for the time being it serves as the only option for people in peer muchalla and gazipur. The ring road is 1 km further from spangle that shall connect international Airport via chaat village. New generation, maple apartments are being constructed just next to it. Its on 100 ft road which is proposed to connect the sector 21/20 dividing road of panchkula (behind army flats, AWHO). Its connected to 150 ft wide road too.

The penthouse is offered at 68 lacs or so. Planning to go for it. Any advices would be really helpful!
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Guys.,

I am planning to go for Sushma Green Vista (2BHK) apartments. Would be grateful if you could provide your views w.r.t the following aspects:-

1) Builder reputation & quality of construction
    2) Floor Plan
    3) Alternative options around Ghazipur within 30-35 Lac price range.
    CommentQuote
  • well

well...sushma people launched many projects together....but they have not given possession in any project yet....

they have made some villas on zkr patiala highway at swastik vihar...those are few in numbers...its ok ok kinds...not that good....so better to check before investing...because on papers things can be made easily....but in reality....advertising material and sample flat is not everything....they should complete atleast one apartment project...so that people can check the project...
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the advice begood...furthermore, I guess people have now started talking about some slowdown in RE in Punjab/Chandigarh region. Not sure, how accurate these kind of news are...but still one can wait a couple of months and then decide.

Can you also advice if I may be able to get a decent deal in Peer Muchalla/Ghazipur in this price range? If yes, then according to you which are the good projects in these areas that I might look at..?
    CommentQuote
  • I wantt to know about the rates of Omaxe Mullanpur Phase III plots of 300 Sq Yards and how much is premium is going on in the market. I am interested in selling the property.
    CommentQuote
  • any opinions on Skynet Towers

Hello,
    Some of the info on this thread is very helpful. I'm looking to purchase a 3 bd rm flat for my parents (60+) in Zirakpur area. I've heard of Skynet Towers (Skynet Builders Pvt. Ltd. - Builders, Developers & Colonizers, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, India.) through a distant relative. Any idea on their flat quality, location and what the price range in that area should be.

I was told that it'd be around 58 lacs. The super area advertised is 1720 sq.ft. I believe the carpert area is ard 1275 sq.ft and including balconies it comes to 1525 sq.ft. Is that reasonable or are there comparable options that are cheaper?

Note, I'm looking for a ready to move-in property.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Skynet is needlessly expensive. so so quality, A total waste of money. You can have similar location at much lesser price. Check out satyam apartments, Onyxe parasio and Jaipuriya(if you dont mind their bad reputation), will come for much lesser price. On ambala highway checkout Alpine, they are above average construction and would come for 55L.
    CommentQuote
  • and yeah at this budget you should checkout Nirmal Chhaya and Royal Estate as well !!
    CommentQuote
  • I would suggest only three projects in this budget and area

- Nirmal Chhaya Towers
    - Motiaz Royal Estate
    - Orbit Apartments

For senior citizens, Nirmal Chhaya and Motiaz Royal Estate are good; both have good occupancy and many senior citizens, so your parents would have good company.

Ask somebody to visit these projects in person and then decide.
    CommentQuote
  • probkid, chdguy has very much filtered it out for you. Try giving a visit to these projects atleast once !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chdguy
    I would suggest only three projects in this budget and area

- Nirmal Chhaya Towers
    - Motiaz Royal Estate
    - Orbit Apartments

For senior citizens, Nirmal Chhaya and Motiaz Royal Estate are good; both have good occupancy and many senior citizens, so your parents would have good company.

Ask somebody to visit these projects in person and then decide.

Thanks ChdGuy. I looked into Motiaz Royal Estate online but from the site plan it looks like the open area is less compared to number of blocks it has. I maybe wrong as I'm just going by the site plan on their website.
    - I also could not find Orbit apartments when I searched for it. Do they have a website?
    - Also, do you have any idea on what the price range for a 3 bd rm apt in these 3 communities is and what the carpet area, balcony area and the common area breakup is?

I want to do a true comparison between these and skynet towers. I looked at spangle condos. They look impressive as far as design and amenities go, but they hardly have any open space and I agree with you that the location is going to take a while to develop.

- Also, do you know if any of Jaipuria's phases are ready to move in?

thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by itsashu
    Thanks chdguy - The reason I am more inclined to Spangle is that I am planning to shift there; not considering it as an investment to liquidate in near future. Seeing to the amenities and in-house infrastructure I guess it is a good bet. Your opinions were helpful nevertheless.

For now, yes, Panchkula 20 market is the only good source market for Ghazipur. I am pinning my hopes that post 5 years the area would be developed upfront with the connecting road of Peer Muchalla and Ghazipur. Though there is an internal road from Pine homes to Sector 20 panchkula, I havent been there personally but I hear it is currently in not that good shape.

The only thing with VIP area is the 60 feet wide road. So Nirmal Chaaya and Orbit apartments are the only good options to go for there.

I went to see the sample flat of Sushma Elite cross. Yes, Sushma urban views is sold out as they mention but I am skeptical of their claims. For the villas on patiala road, I had personally visited the area - truely speaking it wasnt up to the mark. Yes, they have taken the land from Swastik vihar - bang right. But their quality is not good and neither is the layout conducive to stay - thats my personal opinion though.

I have a duplex house in Skynet Enclave - which is also on the patiala road. Got it in 2009 after much considerations and hunting. I believe this colony is one of the best in that area. I have kept that as a future investment to be liquidated. My last evaluation of the said property gave me a 35% premium - not bad in 2 years. With Patiala highway being 4 laned and international airport, aerocity coming in picture this would jump soon. What do you think? Disposing it off right now or wait for 5 years - what would be better?

Now I am working for either Nirmal chaaya or Spangle. Preference is with Spangle but I'll revisit the options in light of your comments too. My original preference was also a 3 BR; but having visited the penthouses, I confess, I have fallen for the latter!

Hi,
    You mentioned you'd purchased a duplex in Skynet enclave. Is this the same as Skynet Towers and built by Skynet builders? If yes, how's the quality and your experience? Also, any idea of what the current going rate is and if you'd recommend purchasing an apt in skynet towers?

thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi probkid

Skynet towers and skynet enclave are two different societies. While Enclave was built first, towers followed the suite. They are however, from the same builder. Going from Zirakpur to Patiala, you'll first see Skynet towers towards your left while Skynet towers is a bit ahead via an internal road (opposite to AKM resorts).

I am not the original allottee of the said duplex; I purchased it in resale. The transaction was smooth; no hassles from either party including the builder! The original owner had kept it closed and when I got it, apart from the usual chores of cleaning and painting etc., I did not had to get anything done. Its been six years now and just last month I had to get some repair work done along with fungus and pest control.

Quality wise, I believe they are at par with others. Nothing too extraordinary about them. In comparison with other enclaves, I found this society far better/

For skynet towers, I did visit their sample a couple of weeks back with a friend of mine who was interested in purchasing a flat in zirakpur.Though I appreciate the layout of the flats, I think it is a small project and at exorbitant price quote. Currently they are selling 3 BHK at 65-66 lacs which in my opinion is too high.

It can be a good deal if you go in for a rigorous bargaining with the dealer. I recommend if you want to purchase anything on this road (Zirakpur -Patiala), do it before September 2012. Rates are going north and would see a spiral increase post Sep 2012.

PM me if you need more details
    CommentQuote
  • check palm court as well, ready to move and good quality
    CommentQuote
  • I'm looking for a 3bhk flat in zirakpur. Please suggest some good builders & ongoing projects in zirakpur .
    CommentQuote
  • Checkout ATS, derabassi if budget is around 65 Lac.
    CommentQuote