i have a ready move 2 bhk 1000 sqft flat in vip road penta homes zirakpur...whether i should exit or hold the flat to see more appreciation....people have mixed views aboyut this...what is the price i could expect at present market rate
Read more
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I feel overall market is down and this is not the right time to sell. But if you are swapping it for a better house then this is the time to do it, the difference will be less.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are still making profits, sell out and move to a better position. VIP road will not post any phenomenal returns even if property bounces back !! At this point buying at other good places is much easy !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by niceindy
    I feel overall market is down and this is not the right time to sell. But if you are swapping it for a better house then this is the time to do it, the difference will be less.

thanks..but can you explain about the concept market is slow...i am getting 28 lakh for it/...how much it appreciate after holding it for two years...is only vip road is not picking up or the whole ambala chandigarh highway
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatinderchd
    If you are still making profits, sell out and move to a better position. VIP road will not post any phenomenal returns even if property bounces back !! At this point buying at other good places is much easy !!

thanks is the whole chandigarh market is not worth investing or this vip road...
    CommentQuote
  • By market being slow, I meant there are few buyers and supply is more therefore you may not get a good appreciation. But since you have a buyer with you, what you need to see is how much appreciation have you made so far? if the property has given you appreciation equal to fixed deposit rates then you are not making any losses but anything less than that I would wait for the market to go up so that at least I can break even.

Though inventory of flats is bound to increase in next 2 years, but the construction cost has gone up appreciably and I feel that a RTM 1000 sq ft house can be sold for 28 Lacs - 32 Lacs at least even after 2 years in VIP road.
    CommentQuote
    By market being slow, I meant there are few buyers and supply is more therefore you may not get a good appreciation. But since you have a buyer with you, what you need to see is how much appreciation have you made so far? if the property has given you appreciation equal to fixed deposit rates then you are not making any losses but anything less than that I would wait for the market to go up so that at least I can break even.

Though inventory of flats is bound to increase in next 2 years, but the construction cost has gone up appreciably and I feel that a RTM 1000 sq ft house can be sold for 28 Lacs - 32 Lacs at least even after 2 years in VIP road.

thanks you have a good knowledge
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thank god al
    thanks is the whole chandigarh market is not worth investing or this vip road...

VIP road in particular, you will find many much better locations in chandigarh periphery and I think that 2.8K psf is a very good deal that you are getting on VIP in the current market. I will suggest you to analyze whats going on around the area and then make the call(SBP is selling at 2500 psf with a new and much better construction). Even if the RE market bounds back in general in about 2-3 years, then even the chd market may not bounce back because of huge demand supply gap.
    In a nutshell, I think that 28L for a penta 2BHK is a good deal. Jump off the wagon otherwise you stand the risk of evening out the profits further in next 2-3 years.
    CommentQuote
    VIP road in particular, you will find many much better locations in chandigarh periphery and I think that 2.8K psf is a very good deal that you are getting on VIP in the current market. I will suggest you to analyze whats going on around the area and then make the call(SBP is selling at 2500 psf with a new and much better construction). Even if the RE market bounds back in general in about 2-3 years, then even the chd market may not bounce back because of huge demand supply gap.
    In a nutshell, I think that 28L for a penta 2BHK is a good deal. Jump off the wagon otherwise you stand the risk of evening out the profits further in next 2-3 years.

if vip road is not a good location then why people are constructing flats in dera bassi and all ..dera bassi shuld be more worse market
    CommentQuote
  • @thank: I don't totally disagree with you, dera bassi is no better than zirakpur. But what needs to be looked into is the location of project and reputation of the builder, with that in mind ATS is right on highway, good builder (good construction) and its 300 acre township. Outside ATS I don't see any good projects in Derabassi, except probably Omaxe.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by thank god al
    if vip road is not a good location then why people are constructing flats in dera bassi and all ..dera bassi shuld be more worse market

None said that Derabassi is a better market ..:P .. Builders have such a huge sales and marketing machinery that they can sell everywhere. But when a middle man invests, the first thing that he should ask himself is that would he live in this flat/house if he has to ? When you go to VIP and see whats going on there, your answer will be no. Such a high density and unplanned area can only house chaos and nothing else !! I personally dont think VIP road properties(except Nirmal chhaya, orbit) to go beyond 3.1K psf in near future and 3.1K assuming that the market will rebound in 2-3 years !! But again all this is personal opinion but in nutshell what i want to say is that think about VIP road in particular rather than thinking about chandigarh periphery as a whole !!
    CommentQuote
    None said that Derabassi is a better market ..:P .. Builders have such a huge sales and marketing machinery that they can sell everywhere. But when a middle man invests, the first thing that he should ask himself is that would he live in this flat/house if he has to ? When you go to VIP and see whats going on there, your answer will be no. Such a high density and unplanned area can only house chaos and nothing else !! I personally dont think VIP road properties(except Nirmal chhaya, orbit) to go beyond 3.1K psf in near future and 3.1K assuming that the market will rebound in 2-3 years !! But again all this is personal opinion but in nutshell what i want to say is that think about VIP road in particular rather than thinking about chandigarh periphery as a whole !!

many thanks for the information provided..
    CommentQuote
  • please tell me the future of ambala chandigarh highway as compared to other destinations near by chandigarh...what are its plus and negative points
    CommentQuote
  • In next 10 years Ambala Chandigarh highway has got better potential than Kharar or Mullanpur, it will always have an edge over both since it is on path to Punjab / Chandigarh and Himachal. But once it starts getting populated I guess it will be a nightmare driving through the congestion even with the flyover.
    CommentQuote
    In next 10 years Ambala Chandigarh highway has got better potential than Kharar or Mullanpur, it will always have an edge over both since it is on path to Punjab / Chandigarh and Himachal. But once it starts getting populated I guess it will be a nightmare driving through the congestion even with the flyover.

what is greater mohali and is it better to invest there or in zirakpur...how you compare the two markets
    CommentQuote
  • Greater Mohali if I am correct is all of the Mohali including its new sectors. It will definitely grow faster than Zirakpur and better planned, the only hurdle is that the entry point is bit steeper than Zirakpur.
    CommentQuote