Dear friends,

I have purchased a flat in pine homes dhakoli and flat is ready for possession. But now builder is asking to get it registered before possession. Can anyone of you please suggest if it is mandatory from govt. Side.

Secondly, I also want to register it at my own without any middleman and Bible. I have enquired with the derabassi TEHSILDAR office but no one is giving proper reply. Can anyone tell the procedure of registration and documents required.

Many thanks
Arvind
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Let me try to answer your questions:

1) It is not mandatory to register the house before taking possession so the builder cannot force you to do it

2) For registration since this is a builder society, the builder has to be involved for registry. You cannot register your house without the builder as the house still belongs to the builder and only the owner can pass the rights to you

My suggestion will be that if you have to register the house and go ahead and get it done from the builder
    CommentQuote
  • Dear,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I dont want to bypass builder but I just want to pay that 1% extra as bribe. Please suggest if that is possible.

It would be great if you could suggest the expenses on registration.

Many thanks
    Arvind
    CommentQuote
  • Registration charges usually have 3 components:

1. Stamp Duty which goes to the government (fixed)
    2. Lawyer expenses
    3. Affidavits and paperwork which is required for registration purposes

1 is fixed, usually the Builders have fixed lawyers who will take care of everything and 3 is something for which lawyers will be required. I would say you will need the builder here along with his lawyer to get the registry done. I am not sure whether you can do all this by yourself
    CommentQuote
  • I own a flat in Maya Garden Zirakpur, I have issued a possession document by builder (which original copy is in the bank against home loan). Do I still need property registration? How can I do that? People in Punjab tehsil only demand money no one guide the step.
    I want to avoid brokers, can someone help me on this, please.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harkawal
    I own a flat in Maya Garden Zirakpur, I have issued a possession document by builder (which original copy is in the bank against home loan). Do I still need property registration? How can I do that? People in Punjab tehsil only demand money no one guide the step.
    I want to avoid brokers, can someone help me on this, please.

Definitely, property registration is a must. Unfortunately there is little or no way around bribing here. They only let you go if you are from the defence services or media.
    CommentQuote