I'm totally confused as to which would be the most wisest investment decision with regards to location within mumbai. I am hoping the wise people on this forum can help me arrive at a decision.

I'm looking to invest in a project around 50-60 lakhs (could go up to 65 max), since i'm gonna be out of India for the next couple of years, i plan to pay down the loan in that time. Now the confusion is which area would give me more ROI

1. Invest in thane, around ghobunder rd or somewhere around, dunno if i'll ever use it, but could put it on rent

2. Invest in navi mumbai, specifically kharghar, as friends suggest that it's gonna go up in value substantially in the next few years, otherwise i have no interest in this area

3. Any other areas with potential, pls suggest
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by akazi
    Dear all,

Im also planning to buy a flat in ares like Andheri (W), Jogeshawri (W), Malad (W), etc. I have a budget of Rs 50 to 60 Lakhs.

Can somebody help me to decide where to invest prefebally in a flat in the above mentioned suburbs.

Some of good projects are as below

Rihan Projects in Jogeshwari (W)
    Tower in Yari Rd., Andheri (W)
    Malvani, Malad (W)

Thank you for your suggestions
    Akazi

I seriously doubt you are gonna have many options in the suburbs mentioned by you at that price point. May be a 1 bedroom, but even that seems unlikely. Have you considered Borivali-dahisar ? Maybe you'll be able to get something there.
    CommentQuote
  • Flipping.. in India.. Sorry.. did not understand that.. do you mean.. buying a old 1BHK hoping it goes for redevelopment.. is that what you mean by flipping?

Plenty of mumbaikars are holding on to their old properties with an aspiration that it goes for redevelopments.. some of the redevelopment talks will outlive their life..

I posted a thread some time back of my friend.. who bought a 1BHK in an old apartment.. His house leaks.. the bathroom and loos worse.. because of the upstairs guy.. who happens to be the secretary and also some local shiv sainik person who simply refuses to budge..

society does not allow bachelor/singles tenents and families are not willing to live in the leaking 1BHK.. for long..

every year the corrupt members of the society undertake some repairs, paint job.. which costs anywhere from 25K to a lakh..

He is so sad and is hoping the building crumbles.. but not likely..
    Redevelopment talks keep happening.. but the kickback to the secretary is delaying things.. also members are greedy..

It is one of the worst decision he has ever made.. so one needs to be real real careful..

Originally Posted by highrisemumbai
    If you are ok with the idea of flipping properties then I can suggest you properties in Goregaon West and Andheri West near lokhandwala. Flipping will be essential since you will not get a one BHK in these areas at your budget however a flip will give you high capital gains in a short while.

Other options if you want to register the properties in your name is Thane - some good options are available there, Kandivali Charkop area, Dahisar.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akazi
    Dear all,

Im also planning to buy a flat in ares like Andheri (W), Jogeshawri (W), Malad (W), etc. I have a budget of Rs 50 to 60 Lakhs.

Can somebody help me to decide where to invest prefebally in a flat in the above mentioned suburbs.

Some of good projects are as below

Rihan Projects in Jogeshwari (W)
    Tower in Yari Rd., Andheri (W)
    Malvani, Malad (W)

Thank you for your suggestions
    Akazi

I don’t know if you have bought flat or not.
    Goregaon West or Yari road are the best options. I will not buy in Malvani reason is the gundagardi in that area. If the Rihan Projects in Jogeshwari (W) is near to Link road then only buy. You may or not may find 1BHK in Goregaon West or Yari road for 50 or 60 Lac. Go for resale flat. Under construction in that area we don’t know when the developer will give you the Flat. Malad West Link Road or Kandivali West are also good area. Please add the Registration charge 1%+ Brokerage 1% if buying through Broker+ Stamp Duty.
    CommentQuote
  • Only 50-60 lakhs......invest in a slum.

Slumdog real estate moguls | FP Passport

"Shanties as small as 120 square feet, located on the 90 Foot Road that is perpendicular to the Bandra Kurla Link Road, are as expensive as $93,000,:bab (24):" says Dinesh Prabhu, who owns a construction company and has conducted an extensive survey of Dharavi real-estate prices. The 90 Foot Road has commercial outlets spilling out onto the streets, frequent cattle blockages, and old worn-out buildings just behind the shanties."

Damm....the general standard of living just keeps going down and down....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gangaram
    I don’t know if you have bought flat or not.
    Goregaon West or Yari road are the best options. I will not buy in Malvani reason is the gundagardi in that area. If the Rihan Projects in Jogeshwari (W) is near to Link road then only buy. You may or not may find 1BHK in Goregaon West or Yari road for 50 or 60 Lac. Go for resale flat. Under construction in that area we don’t know when the developer will give you the Flat. Malad West Link Road or Kandivali West are also good area. Please add the Registration charge 1%+ Brokerage 1% if buying through Broker+ Stamp Duty.

I think Malvani 8th Road is the best choice in your budget. Its all residential locality. Each member paying Rs 2k+ as maintenance which is a proof of type of member living in it.
    CommentQuote