I have few questions ,As so many investors are here and so possibley They could answer my queries.I have invested in- one under construction property,so just want to know if I want to sell it ,can I sell it any time before/after possession?

from some people I heard that after possession I should have to wait until atleast 3 years ,is it so?

please post your reply so I can get the exact terms and process regarding it.

Thanks
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You can sell it when you want. If u sell before 3 yrs post possession have been completed you will have to pay short term capital gains tax on it.
    CommentQuote
  • Can I ask?

Can I ask
    Is this the Dosti Vihar flat in thane?
    Why are you selling it?

Originally Posted by sarikag
    I have few questions ,As so many investors are here and so possibley They could answer my queries.I have invested in- one under construction property,so just want to know if I want to sell it ,can I sell it any time before/after possession?

from some people I heard that after possession I should have to wait until atleast 3 years ,is it so?

please post your reply so I can get the exact terms and process regarding it.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by catchnitin
    Can I ask
    Is this the Dosti Vihar flat in thane?
    Why are you selling it?

I didn't see sarikag mentioning anywhere Dosti Vihar? Where did you get that?
    CommentQuote
  • No, Its not about dosti Vihar property,I am asking in general as I dont have an idea.post this thread here coz ,rather than asking to the people here and there, I thought - I Can get the exact and absolute idea here(as so many well knowldged guys are here to guide us) !
    CommentQuote
  • U can sell ur flat whenever u want, however apart from the tax implication the other factor is that the builder generally keeps a fat margin to transfer flat in third party's name, else you can wait for society formation to sell, where transfer fees are nominal. In the latter scenario naturally you have to wait until after possession.
    CommentQuote