Why do you want to Invest in Mumbai?

Last updated: July 24 2010
9 | Posts
2275 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you want to Invest in Mumbai?

I am following IREF for quite a time, and it was interesting to interect with regular members. I am writing article on Mumbai RE and appreciate if you can help me in my research work...

Give me 5 main reasons to buy property in Mumbai

Re : Why do you want to Invest in Mumbai?

Guess a simple reply to this question is to make money and create a assets.

As like with any investment one looks forward to get appreciation the added advantage with property is a rental income along with capital appreciation.

Mumbai as its growing and expanding at a good pace will always require real estate hence the prices are going only uni-direction and so are the investments.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetunaiya View Post
      I am following IREF for quite a time, and it was interesting to interect with regular members. I am writing article on Mumbai RE and appreciate if you can help me in my research work...

Some reasons i can think of-
      -High Returns-The market of Mumbai offers high investment returns to the investors including real estate investors from all over India, NRI and even FDI.
      -Population-Currently it is the most populated city of India and Mumbai and its suburbs encompass the second-biggest urban. And the rate, at which its population is budding, points toward the increase in the demand for both commercial and residential properties.
      -Commercial capital of India-Govt has done good by easing FDI norms and increase in business.
      -Demand in RE-There is high demand for Mumbai since people all across the country and especially where there were limited opps(UP, Bihar, Rajasthan) have been regularly moving to Mumbai for better opportunities.
      MM

Comment

Hi

Most important I feel that its a liquid asset which can be liquidated in the shortest span of time in Mumbai unlike other cities..

Comment

Personally I feel that most people who are from Mumbai are the ones who invest in Mumbai. And the reason is simply because they are most familiar with Real Estate in Mumbai. They know which locations are the goods ones and what are the problems in each area. There might be other cities that might offer better investment opportunities but, for someone from Mumbai the biggest reason not to invest in another city is because they just aren't familiar with other cities. Also, there are issues with managing the property in other cities.

Comment

1. Mumbai is full of diverse opportunites and jobs; not just technology or financial. Due to this, you may not even have to leave the city in your lifetime for greener pastures. This demand makes one feel secured about investing in Mumbai.
            2. Mumbai suburbs, including Navi Mumbai, too come under investing in Mumbai. And these hold great growth potential

Comment

Spot On!

Originally posted by rawa13 View Post
              1. Mumbai is full of diverse opportunites and jobs; not just technology or financial. Due to this, you may not even have to leave the city in your lifetime for greener pastures. This demand makes one feel secured about investing in Mumbai.
              2. Mumbai suburbs, including Navi Mumbai, too come under investing in Mumbai. And these hold great growth potential
              Couldn't have said it any better.

Mumbai is layered beyond imagination, and for every Rs 1000 variation in income levels you will find a self-sustaining ecosystem.

Despite all its short comings, political hoo-haa, and downright disgusting living conditions, Mumbai mysteriously keeps the ball rolling.

Comment

Like China, one day, in Mumbai, you won't be able to find a girl to marry unless you own a flat. In many villages, girls don't marry into homes without indoor plumbing.

Comment

Originally posted by indian1234 View Post
                  Like China, one day, in Mumbai, you won't be able to find a girl to marry unless you own a flat. In many villages, girls don't marry into homes without indoor plumbing.
                  Or, the way it is going, maybe one day in Mumbai no homes will have indoor plumbing so you will have to migrate to village to poo.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetunaiya View Post

Disclaimer: I am from mumbai and v proud of whatever it is.

Despite that mumbai is now a proper 3rd grade city in terms of infrastructure with 1st world property prices.

i have seen day to day life in few industrial cities around the world and mumbai is defi the worst. Mumbai always has played the 'catching' up game in terms of meeting requirements of people. it now seems completely saturated.

if someone wants to start a new life in a new city in india, mumbai should be last looked into.

very sadly i have to say above all this.

So to answer the question: Invest in mumbai if you want good ROI

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X