Thane Vs Mumbai Suburbs

Last updated: December 8 2010
18 | Posts
6140 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thane Vs Mumbai Suburbs

Thane is one of the suburbs that are also coming up. But compared to others is it well equipped in terms of planning, development and infrastructure?

Re : Thane Vs Mumbai Suburbs

I think Thane is easily one of the most vibrant suburbs on the Central Line and on all counts that you have mentioned there has been stellar progress over the last five/six years.

Comment

one key issue of you are not marathi is that lot of me marathi kind of crowd in Thane and its defintaely not cosmo like the suburbs or town , Would be tough for non-marathi to live there.I feel Vashi is better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mamba View Post
        one key issue of you are not marathi is that lot of me marathi kind of crowd in Thane and its defintaely not cosmo like the suburbs or town , Would be tough for non-marathi to live there.I feel Vashi is better that way.
        I beg to differ on this one. I guess the entire scene of Thane has changed and will continue to change in the next few years. In the last one year most of the top developers have come in Thane and if you look at the demographics, people of all caste have purchased apartments here. Road infrastructure has developed, Railways has improved, Lot of retail and commercial activity is taking place. In fact the property prices on Ghodbunder road have almost doubled in the last one year.

However Mumbai is also developing in terms of infrastructure so it totally depends in what context you are asking this question. If you are looking to stay, check out your workplace, if its in Mumbai, stay in Mumbai and if its equidistant then stay in Thane as quality of life is better. Investment wise you can write to me and I could suggest options in both Mumbai and Thane.

Comment

I second this. Thane can't be pigeonholed as marathi place. Neighbouring Mulund was considered like that several years ago. Not anymore.

Originally posted by highrisemumbai View Post
          I beg to differ on this one. I guess the entire scene of Thane has changed and will continue to change in the next few years. In the last one year most of the top developers have come in Thane and if you look at the demographics, people of all caste have purchased apartments here. Road infrastructure has developed, Railways has improved, Lot of retail and commercial activity is taking place. In fact the property prices on Ghodbunder road have almost doubled in the last one year.

However Mumbai is also developing in terms of infrastructure so it totally depends in what context you are asking this question. If you are looking to stay, check out your workplace, if its in Mumbai, stay in Mumbai and if its equidistant then stay in Thane as quality of life is better. Investment wise you can write to me and I could suggest options in both Mumbai and Thane.

Comment

I agree that Thane is high on Maharashtrian population and like many other communities they have their own habits and mannerisms but this is a pattern we have seen even in Gujjus, Tamils and Bengalis. The flip side is that most maharashtrians belong to the working middle and upper middle class who are quite active in asking for accountability. Just check how the TMC functions compared to our BMC. They are held accountable by people in Thane because of the bulk of working crowd (maharastrians and others alike) unlike business communities who are more concerned with making their money So the bottomline is not which language ur neighbor speaks but how you are able to relate to him/her. And yes Thane is changing to be more cosmo though I would still say there is a long way to go. It all boils down to how your immediate neighbors are.

Comment

Compared to Mumbai Thane definitely seems like a more Marathi dominated area. Similar to Dadar or Vile Parle maybe. Not everyone is maharashtrian but, as a percentage there are probably more maharashtrians there as compared to mumbai. Also, personally I don't find the quality of life better in any way compared to Mumbai (excluding some areas). I find thane pretty conjusted (maybe more than mumbai) with all the old buildings and narrow roads. The last time I went to Thane, I found it hard to breathe for whatever reason.

Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Thane East is nice, with very less pollution. West, specially around station is horrible. Can't even think of going in evenings! But some areas like Brahman society etc are really nice and peaceful. New developing areas like Ghodbandar road are far away from station and the roads are most of the times conjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by ani_meher View Post
                  Thane East is nice, with very less pollution. West, specially around station is horrible. Can't even think of going in evenings! But some areas like Brahman society etc are really nice and peaceful. New developing areas like Ghodbandar road are far away from station and the roads are most of the times conjusted.
                  problem with gb road is that it is far far away from station.half hour or so.and projects are coming up which are atleast 40 to 50 minutes from station.
                  imo gb road is becoming more cosmopolitan as compared to other thane areas.the only problem is accessibility.
                  kalyan is another upcoming destination to look for.plenty of land left and lots of projects coming up.it is going to be the next mulund.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile.me View Post
                    Thane is one of the suburbs that are also coming up. But compared to others is it well equipped in terms of planning, development and infrastructure?
                    Thane is the easiest suburb that can be reached from Mumbai. Remember first train in India reached here. Is it cosmo or not? obviously it is.

Regarding GB, its extended thane, surrounding is beautifill & developed bus there's issue of mass & cheap connectivity.

Yes there's a traffic congestion problem is there because of cramped roads & heavy traffic thanks to TMC!!! But congestion is everywhere in Mumbai ... to name few .. Sakinaka.. Powai Hirananadani.. Western E highway.. Malad... Borivali.. Andheri, Versova .. Pedder Road. I wonder where it is not, wherever it will be not to purchase there you much be super rich.

If you can then stay in Navi Mumbai its less populated but after few years it will become another Thane ... Wonder!!!

Cheers

Comment

Tags: Thane
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X