Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't Thane a Good Option for Residential Purposes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Isn't Thane a Good Option for Residential Purposes?

Last updated: December 9 2010
6 | Posts
1762 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't Thane a Good Option for Residential Purposes?

MMRDA is making provisions for regular power supply. With regular and constant power supply in the near future, do you think Thane is a wise choice for commercial and residential proposes?

Re : Isn't Thane a Good Option for Residential Purposes?

Hi, Plz go through previous threads on Thane..

Originally posted by versatile.me View Post
    MMRDA is making provisions for regular power supply. With regular and constant power supply in the near future, do you think Thane is a wise choice for commercial and residential proposes?

Comment

Hi

Hi Neeraj,
      Thanks for your reply. Could you please help me with few of the threads which you mentioned on Thane.

Comment

Knowing the fact that thane is developing now in terms of Infrastructure, developers are also putting in a conscious effort to get rid of all the possible problems.
        In-fact I have come across various projects in which its prominent. one of the projects i came across was Rustomjee Urbania. It seems to be one of the interesting projects in a city like Thane. Well there are more in the list to follow which simply shows it is a good option for residential purposes.

I think Thane is developing and it is indeed as good option for investment and for residential purposes as well. This is because of the various initiatives taken up by the government and the private developers as well.

Comment

Really?

I think Thane is overhyped and there is no uninterrupted power supply in spite of paying more for continuous electric supply. Divita you may want to create a positive opinion but as a resident of Thane for last several years, I see it only degrading by the day - specially because of the large overhyped projects like the one you mentioned. They have amenities which are miniscule for the size of the project and are not used /usable by most of the residents.

Comment

By that measure even Mumbai as a location is overhyped! You can only be happy if you live in South Mumbai where there are better roads and your workplace proximity will save you travel time. Every location has plus and minus. As far as the amenities go cannot comment on that particular project but my observation says that the central suburbs are any day more open and less congested (relatively of course) than the western suburbs. I do agree that Thane has expanded at a rapid pace and the way GB road is being recklessly transformed into a concrete jungle is a cause for concern. The ironical part is that one of the reasons apart from cost for people to choose GB is its tranquility..well its a matter of time before it is also gone.

Comment

Relating congestion Western vs Central ...lets compare like to like based on position in map

BAndra-Santa Cruz-parla vs. vikroli-Chembur-Ghatkopar (equally congested)
              Andheri Goregaon vs Kanjurmarg -mulund (central full of salt pans /uninhabited are so density is more or less similar exp. Andheri which is very crowded) . I think most crowded and dirty area/station in mumbai is Kurla

Kandivali-Dahisar vs Thane / Central is better

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X