Why is royal palms in Goregaon(E) such a failure ? The rates I hear are very low. What is the catch here ?
Read more
149 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Because the builder is a crook.. Search the forum and you can find out many horror tales...
    No resale value.. It is not really worthwhile to invest..
    CommentQuote
  • Rather Say - What catch is not there
    - Construction quality is pathetic
    - Land has long history of dispute
    - Supposedly on lease
    - Its around 2km inside Arrey colony road. Take a ride in the night and the experience wouldnt be less than Ramsay film locations...

I would suggest go there & you will get all answers :-))
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neeraj23in
    Rather Say - What catch is not there
    - Construction quality is pathetic
    - Land has long history of dispute
    - Supposedly on lease
    - Its around 2km inside Arrey colony road. Take a ride in the night and the experience wouldnt be less than Ramsay film locations...

I would suggest go there & you will get all answers :-))

I wish I could experience it in person :) "Ramsay film locations"... lol.. I like your sense of humor.

I am a NRI.
    CommentQuote
  • They had hired Shane Warne, Mandira bedi to promote their Condos, residential flats..but all efforts have failed coz they lack vision & planning like Hirandanis..
    CommentQuote
  • No Issues in buying a resale property in Royal Palms

Hi Everyone. Had read all the negative things about Royal Palms. Still when I saw a flat , couldn't help but buying it. Its a resale flat and I invested my entire life's saving in buying this flat and had to take a loan also. I am not an investor or an NRI who has lot of money. I am an actual buyer who stays in my flat and will never sell it. The view is just amazing and you feel so fresh after coming home. I just feel like staying in heaven. If anyone is planning to buy a property in Royal Palms, I would suggest only 4 buildings where you can purchase a flat without any issues. Its Palms 1, Picadilly 1, Emerald 2 & Picadilly 3. All these buildings have a registered society and an (OC) Occupancy Certificate which is issued by BMC. So these properties are absolutely legal. These 4 societies are very active and there is no problem of water, electricity and cleanliness. The Private banks used to issue loan in Royal Palms couple of years ago, however, they dont give loan now. The reason is not that the properties are illegal or there are defaulters in this area, Its mainly because of their dispute with the Builder which they don't reveal. All nationalized banks provide loan in Royal palms if the property documents are clear. I took the loan from SBI. The 1st document they asked for was OC or else they dont provide loan. Dont buy any underconstruction property from the builder as you dont know when will you get the posession and even if you get the posession, you will be at the mercy of the builder for the basic necessities, till the society is formed, which take ages. I got all my property documents checked by a lawyer and also by BMC as my childhood friend works in BMC. Everything is legal and its not a forest land.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi every one,

I am planning to buy a house in royal palms, please provide me with the facts with regrads to the same. any feedbacks either good or bad are welcome. want to make a decision based on the pros and cons. will b a great help. please also if someone could provide me the list of documents that i have to have in palce when i buy the property to be safe on the legal angle.

regards,
    Shwtea.
    CommentQuote
  • I heard that this place is not safe in night... robery, murder etc...Heard that it is kind of party location for rich ppl like celebs who come enjoy and go....
    CommentQuote
  • Better dont buy!. I have made a big mistake. i bought it in 2009 at 4000/sq ft when it was 6000-6500/sqft in rest of goregaon . Now the cost at Royal Palms is still 6000/sq ft whereas in rest of goregaon it has gone till 12000-12500/sq feet. You will get SBI loan coz i also got SBI loan. It is not a forest land. only problem is date of possession. If you have no option esle where buy a ready possession flat . Builder had promised me possesion in Feb 2012 but i think i may get possession in late 2013. that is also noy sure.

Ajay
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ShilpaGoenka
    Hi Everyone. Had read all the negative things about Royal Palms. Still when I saw a flat , couldn't help but buying it. Its a resale flat and I invested my entire life's saving in buying this flat and had to take a loan also. I am not an investor or an NRI who has lot of money. I am an actual buyer who stays in my flat and will never sell it. The view is just amazing and you feel so fresh after coming home. I just feel like staying in heaven. If anyone is planning to buy a property in Royal Palms, I would suggest only 4 buildings where you can purchase a flat without any issues. Its Palms 1, Picadilly 1, Emerald 2 & Picadilly 3. All these buildings have a registered society and an (OC) Occupancy Certificate which is issued by BMC. So these properties are absolutely legal. These 4 societies are very active and there is no problem of water, electricity and cleanliness. The Private banks used to issue loan in Royal Palms couple of years ago, however, they dont give loan now. The reason is not that the properties are illegal or there are defaulters in this area, Its mainly because of their dispute with the Builder which they don't reveal. All nationalized banks provide loan in Royal palms if the property documents are clear. I took the loan from SBI. The 1st document they asked for was OC or else they dont provide loan. Dont buy any underconstruction property from the builder as you dont know when will you get the posession and even if you get the posession, you will be at the mercy of the builder for the basic necessities, till the society is formed, which take ages. I got all my property documents checked by a lawyer and also by BMC as my childhood friend works in BMC. Everything is legal and its not a forest land.

Hi, I find your review very positive amongst others. I am buying a flat in royal palms but I am concern about security.
    I want to ask you few questions about the property.

In case of an emergency, can I find an auto outside at late nights?
    Is it safe to walk home from Western express highway at 11PM with my wife?
    Do I have to pay toll everytime I enter?

These questions are very important to me and I hope you understand my concern about safety. Since you are staying their, your answer will be the base of my decision.

Thank you
    CommentQuote
  • I have an office in Royal Palms complex in the Mastermind 1 Building . So can answer some of your questions and give my viewpoint. I had purchased this office in 2002 and have been using the same ever since i got posession sometime in 2005 or early 2006.

Though our office is very much in use it has taken a lot of effort on part of our society office bearers to get things in order . A lot of work was left incomplete by builder . Phone cables , Ducts , Security , Lifts nothing was upto the mark at time of posession . As per bmc rules because proper piping and drainage / sewage was not done the property taxes are double including penalties .

You would be shocked to know that for this office building the dues now stand at 3.5 Crore Rs . I am told that the society is going to settle things now with BMC and get other things done like make application for getting municipal water . Uptil now we still use tankers.

Now coming to your queries.

I DO NOT think it is safe at night . Walking from WE Highway to Royal Palms !!!!.. Absolutely not .

Do you know the Distance - Its a good 7 KMS . No Joking . I know because i take that road in my vehicle .

Even if you think you can walk . The road from were you take left from the Aarey stall towards Royal palms isnt even illuminated .
    I am not sure if you get rickshaws from complex gate that late in the night because honestly in the past 5 years i have never stayed that late in my office . But my guess is that you do not .

There is BEST bus no 452 ( mostly ) which goes from Goregaon station to Royal palms complex and few private buses . These are lifesavers.

TOLL

Yes toll of Rs 15 is to be paid each time you enter ( private car ) . Uptil year 2006 end / 2007 the Royal Palms pass was ok for free entry . Not any more . Our society is talking to authorities to get this sorted but does not look likely to me.

MY Verdict .

I would absolutely not have a residence there to stay . Only thing going for them are the really cheap prices . But thats about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot for the information.. Things are much clearer now
    CommentQuote
  • I have been there as well in my car couple of years ago. I agree with what Kapadia said.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Everyone,

I read all the posts and all are true in their own sense. I own a flat in Palm Island project at Royal Palms which is developed in past 2 yrs only. This is if you analyse ia strategically placed location and has potential to develop like any other land....but lack committment from the builder. It is actually the only such land that is connected to both Eastern & Western express highway.
    I got possession of my house just 2 months later than the scheduled date...everything is white and no illegal matter here...I got my loan sanctioned...& now even the society has been formed. This is a safe area as the people residing here are all working class. There are some from the filmcity background also but no mishaps really. Every 10 mins buses are available for Goregaon station. Basic grocery, medical, general stores are around, there is a small village type market at the main entrance. The builder however is just not serious about the development and take people for granted. 2 yrs maintenance charges paid in advance have been royally eaten and burrped by him and now the society is facing difficulty in maintaining the premises due to lack of funds. If this continues...the few people who have kept faith will also leave this area. If the builder puts serious planning and vision...this place has the potential to be the next most wanted destination in Goregaon. And the rates are sooo low compared to other rates in Mumbai because he uses poor construction material and also as the area falls under Aaarey Colony which is in far interiors.
    However, we may expect decent level of development here few years down the line. If you have a house already...stay invested.
    CommentQuote
  • hell in the world is royal palms,goregaon east ,mumbai cheaters,rapist,corrupt

Originally Posted by abhay11a
    Hi, I find your review very positive amongst others. I am buying a flat in royal palms but I am concern about security.

These questions are very important to me and I hope you understand my concern about safety. Since you are staying their, your answer will be the base of my decision.

Fall Heavan in the world than royal palms goregaon east,mumbai
    First sight you will feel royal as a heavan but after one year people ,and other creature make you feel like hell.

Summit apartment have most corrupt and goons since these society is form now and than problem keep coming.Society member nayak ,seceretary hariharan,D shankar are most corrupt,cheaters,goons/gundas.
    I am durga live at summit apts 1st floor.Nayak,Hariharan,D shankar came totally drunk and try to rape me and threaten to kill me by acid.I filed complained to police near my area. Now they are harrassing me by cutting water supply,electricity,some thorughing garbage at my door these kind of activites they are playing here.No body is safe here.I am looking to sell my apartment.Nayak chairman ,hariharan secretary ,D shankar these people are corrupt,cheater,rapeist, their kids will be same one day. These people threat each and every member goes to them for help.
    Need suggestion to correct these people.

Durga DEVI

really heavan is hell
    Mesmarise by first look but really is hunted area and make you bagger.Hi, I find your review very positive amongst others. I am buying a flat in royal palms but I am concern about security.

Fall Heavan in the world than royal palms goregaon east,mumbai
    First sight you will feel royal as a heavan but after one year people ,and other creature make you feel like hell.

Summit apartment have most corrupt and goons since these society is form now and than problem keep coming.Society member nayak ,seceretary hariharan,D shankar are most corrupt,cheaters,goons/gundas.
    I am durga live at summit apts 1st floor.Nayak,Hariharan,D shankar came totally drunk and try to rape me and threaten to kill me by acid.I filed complained to police near my area. Now they are harrassing me by cutting water supply,electricity,some thorughing garbage at my door these kind of activites they are playing here.No body is safe here.I am looking to sell my apartment.Nayak chairman ,hariharan secretary ,D shankar these people are corrupt,cheater,rapeist, their kids will be same one day. These people threat each and every member goes to them for help.

Durga DEVI

really heavan is hell
    Mesmarise by first look but really is hunted area and make you bagger.
    CommentQuote
  • Summit apartment have most corrupt and goons since these society is form now and than problem keep coming.Society member nayak ,seceretary hariharan,D shankar are most corrupt,cheaters,goons/gundas.
    Durga DEVI
    CommentQuote