Why is royal palms in Goregaon(E) such a failure ? The rates I hear are very low. What is the catch here ?
Read more
155 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi, what is the status and experience now? Is it good to buy now?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jugad000007
    I see them advertising some offices which are 10 Lacs for 7.4 Lacs in local newspaper. I asked them for details, but no reply yet. I am planning to buy a couple of them for investments.

What is the issue with Royal Palms ? I see their rates quite low. Can someone who lives in that area or owns a flat in Royal Palms chime in
    Any idea if these are still available?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi i am replying this as of june 2019 and situation is improved on many fronts.

first of all i am a musician so i need to connect to goregao Malad Andheri western suburb so thats why I bought this flat . I have been staying since past 2 years and in those years i need to travel very late night to catch early morning flights or come late night quite often. I have always got auto riksha ola or uber around the clock i often come by bike in night the security situation is very improved there is constant police patrols in night , security cameras and everything. And now there is proposed “Aarey Depot “ Metro station which is 3-4 Kms and I know earlier it was supposed to be shade only but now they are housing station as well.

i don’t know how it was before but i can get all the supplies inside the Royal Palms premises. And there are few clinics as well , few restaurants , you can get food deliveries

in the span of 2-3 years i have not encounterd single instance with leopard as i know of and mind you i commute pretty late or very early in the morning.

There are some society issues are there .

but the main problem I encounte in royal palms is infrastructure as in roads are pretty bad and should be illuminated. And 24*7 water supply but that is something to do with BMC/MCGM

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akshayacharyaoasys
    Hi i am replying this as of june 2019 and situation is improved on many fronts.

first of all i am a musician so i need to connect to goregao Malad Andheri western suburb so thats why I bought this flat . I have been staying since past 2 years and in those years i need to travel very late night to catch early morning flights or come late night quite often. I have always got auto riksha ola or uber around the clock i often come by bike in night the security situation is very improved there is constant police patrols in night , security cameras and everything. And now there is proposed “Aarey Depot “ Metro station which is 3-4 Kms and I know earlier it was supposed to be shade only but now they are housing station as well.

i don’t know how it was before but i can get all the supplies inside the Royal Palms premises. And there are few clinics as well , few restaurants , you can get food deliveries

in the span of 2-3 years i have not encounterd single instance with leopard as i know of and mind you i commute pretty late or very early in the morning.

There are some society issues are there .

but the main problem I encounte in royal palms is infrastructure as in roads are pretty bad and should be illuminated. And 24*7 water supply but that is something to do with BMC/MCGM

Do you have BMC water in your building? Also is the bridge before Goregaon signal fixed? It broke 2 years ago and it was a problem getting to station because they closed the access road.
    CommentQuote
  • Royal Palms has become an inaccessible and unlivable place. I am staying in this area from 2008 onwards and at last, will be leaving for once and all. The facts regarding this area are presented below:

SAFETY: Royal Palms is only suitable for bachelors having a motorbike or a car for transport. For women, this area is a bit unsafe especially in the nights when traveling alone post-midnight. For families, especially with elders, it is not suitable as it doesn't have good medical facilities running 24*7 in the vicinity, the nearest is at Goregaon station and Gokuldham. Police Patrolling in the night is common and that is the reason this area seems safer.

ACCESS: The condition of roads is worse than ever, you won't find a road of 50 meters at a stretch which doesn't have potholes. The public transport is poor as it takes almost 30–45 minutes to reach Goregaon station from Royal Palms which is just 4–5 km away. Even though the geographically the area seems accessible, but by road, the access is worse. You can find this area accessible only on Sundays. Many of the office spaces are shutting down as the commute from Goregaon station sometimes takes more than one hour. The office spaces have already reduced by 50%.

REAL ESTATE: People get lured to this area because of the seemingly low rentals and house prices. The fact is, the buildings are in very poor conditions due to the poor quality of construction undertaken. Mark my words, that as these buildings don't seem to have undergone the audit process, these structures will start collapsing soon. Many buildings don't have clear documents as the story goes that this area was handed over to the developer for making a golf-club and a hotel, it was not meant for residential purpose, the developer started building the residential flats for profits by circumventing the legal procedures. In the last 15 years, the property prices have appreciated in a range of 20–30%, but hey, this only counts when you have a buyer for the property, and in absence of this demand the meager appreciation is meaningless. Many people have already left after somehow selling the property and others who cannot face umpteen problems. Maximum people living here are on rent and the proportion of owners is very less, and the owners are also the kind of people who are stuck there, after making an investment of a lifetime. This place is totally inappropriate for any kind of investment. Think hundred times before making any decision on this.

Many property consultants lure people saying that a metro car shed will come up in Aarey and that will push the prices up. That won't be the case, as it will be a car-shed and not a proper station. Also, please do not listen to these brokers who over-commit and under-deliver once the deal is done and they have got their money.

INFRASTRUCTURE & AMENITIES: It is in poorest state ever, the roads inside Royal Palms are totally uprooted and not suitable for two-wheelers and pedestrians, only good for cars and heavy vehicles. The gutters are overflowing continuously (especially in monsoon) and it is very smelly at the entrance of the Royal Palms. The developer is least interested in maintenance as he is not liable to do it and the BMC doesn't take any steps because of the unclear jurisdiction of the area. This place has become unlivable in these many years, although, I would like to mention that it was a bit like hill station just eight years back, for last 3–4 years things have got worsened to reach this level. There are few grocery stores who make home delivery of food and water. The buildings use water tanker as there is no water supply. The tanker water is not suitable to drink even after putting it through water filter, so people depend on bottled water.

So, people, given all these issues, make an informed decision about Royal Palms.
    CommentQuote