Collapse

Royal Palms by Royal Palms India in Goregaon East, Mumbai

Last updated: September 5 2017
163 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Royal Palms by Royal Palms India in Goregaon East, Mumbai

U need to visit it once, I did, and the surroundings are superb. But as I entered the Royal Palms, I was disappointed, the buildings looks shabby and did not get the feel good factor. My point of view, I don't intend offence to people residing there.

Comment

I had visited there as well.. No doubt very beautiful surroundings.. But the whole road was filled with potholes and that happens there in beginning of every monsoon.. With very few vehicles on the road, felt very unsafe too.. The crowd there seemed a mixed one.. Many bachelors on rent.. Buildings really in poor condition.. Put me off completely.. My wife is at home most of the time.. So became a complete no-no for me.. Again, my personal opinion and it was about a year back..

Comment

Any comments on the newer building such as Palm 2 or others that has been built after 2013.. Price seems to be pretty low and attractive..

I am thinking of buying one 3BHK

please advise

Comment

Investing there is fraught with risk - gets very lonely post evenings, major road work being proposed and when that starts it will be very dusty/noisey/traffic jams etc. Till then the roads are not good any case and very difficult to motor. Also if its investment, then rental and re-sale is almost negligible - like the above post mentioned its more of bachelors. Too much money on very little value - it would make sense as a 2nd home at 3500-4000 psf all inclusive - even then the building and interiors need a immediate revamp

Comment

I recently visited Royal Palms with the intention of buying a flat, since I have a limited budget. But came out disappointed due to many reasons.

1. The place is just too far and too inside..as someone said, it can get pretty lonely in the late evening / nights..very hard to commute to and from main Mumbai city, so forget about calling someone to your place late at nights, or even going out by yourself.
            2. The roads leading there aren't exactly in good condition. Plus, I heard during nights, there is routine check-up from police..so one should be prepared for inspection if they are driving during the nights.
            3. The LAYOUT of flats is laughably bad. At least in Piccadilly condos. These 1RK/Studio apartments have a tiny kitchen tucked at one corner and more space is given to bathroom!! The construction is old and rusty.
            4. Most flats are rented to bachelors and African people.
            5. Even then, monthly maintenance can go as high as rs 1500!
            6. Some buildings like Ruby Isle have water problems still.
            7. It's still disputable whether the entire land is really legally acquired or not.

In the end, I think, these flats are good only if you are planning to give on rent, and not for staying yourself.
            Last edited by Aditya26; June 24 2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Not sure if investing there is good for renting as well - why would one invest 55-60 lacs to get rent at 1% and risk flat condition, no sense of capital appreciation etc. It is better to look at Dahisar/Thane belt if intent is to invest for similar quantum

Comment

Are all legal documents in place? A few years ago when I was looking to buy a flat, I was advised against it by a relative who works with a major private banks home loan department. They were not giving loans because they claimed there was some legal dispute w.r.t ownership of the land. Make sure you get all documents checked before you buy.
                -Frank

Comment

Aarey Colony gets back its disputed land after 15 yrs

Cong ministers stalled return of 18.5 acres to Aarey Colony by builder

Revenue minister Thorat and dairy development minister Chavan used quasi-judicial powers to grant stays on takeover of land by suburban collector, RTI query reveals

The take over of 18.5 acres o fAarey Milk Colony land in Goregaon by the suburban collector from Royal Palms developers has been stayed by revenue minister Balasaheb Thorat and dairy development minister Madhukar Chavan – both from the Congress -- using their quasi-judicial powers. In fact, Thorat’s stay came on December 18, a day before the suburbancollectorwastotakeovertheland prior to giving it to the dairy development department.

The stays were ordered by Thorat and Chavan in December 2013 despite Royal Palms having lost all claimsforthelandatvariouslevelstill 2006. The developers’ had wanted the suburban collector to make up a shortfall of 18.5 acres to complete the 240 acres they had purchased in surveyno169inGoregaon.Theworthof the land is approximately Rs 5,500 crore.

While collector V L Gavai gave themtheplotinNovember1999,this was set aside by additional divisional commissioner R B Kulkarni in 2000. Kulkarni’s decision was upheld by then revenue minister Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar in July 2003. Later, the Bombay High Court in 2006 too set aside Gavai’s order.

Responding to a Right To Information application by Mumbai Mirror requesting information from the dairy development commissioner in this issue, Aarey CEO Limbaraj Bhosale who is also the Public Information Officer said stays on return of the land to the government were issued by Thorat and Chavan.

While Thorat issued a stay on December 18, 2013, a day before then suburban district collector Sanjay Deshmukh was to take possession of the land and hand it over to the dairy development department, Chavan issued a stay on its transfer and asked dairydevelopmentcommissionerYE Kerure to stop proceedings after Royal Palms applied in written to him on December 6, 2013.
                  The dispute has its roots in May 2000, when Royal Palms started constructing a boundary wall. The then dairy development commissioner appealed to then additional divisional commissioner (Konkan div) R Kulkarni, the next appellate authority, and obtained a stay on May 9, 2000. In a hearing on September 4, 2000 Kulkarni cancelled Gavai’s order.

However, the land demarcations were not done for several years, till 2013, when former chief secretary Jayant Banthia ordered that the dairy development department must fence its properties to tackle encroachment, including Aarey Milk Colony. Following this, the department paid Rs 25.56 lakh to city land survey officer (Vile Parle), who found thatAareyColonyhadlost18.5acres.

As per government procedure, Deshmukh was to ensure that Aarey Colonygetstheland,butRoyalPalms raised objections. The developers also wrote to Chavan on December 6, 2013 alleging the land measurement had been done in a haphazard manner, and clear details had not been provided in the land survey officer’s report. Royal Palms further said the survey was done with undue haste, and that their representative was not present when the measurement was done. They also objected to Aarey Colony constructing a boundary wall.

Thorat and Chavan told Mirror that they could not recollect having dealt with the case. “I don’t remember much about this case, but the stay hasbeengivenbytherevenuedepartment and not me,” Chavan said. Mirror has a copy of Royal Palms’s submissions and Chavan’s remarks staying the takeover by the suburban collector.

Thorat said, “It could be an old case. I don’t remember whether I havegivenastayornot.IfIhave,Iwill hear everyone and give fair judgement. My judgements are always upheld by most courts.’’

When Mirror tried to contact Dilawar Nensey, joint managing director, Royal Palms, via emails and over phone, his spokesperson said Nensey was travelling and would reply only after his return. On Friday, Nensey replied via email that he would not be able to comment as the matter is subjudice.

Now, dairy development commissioner Kerure has written to the secretary, dairy development in Mantralaya to get the stays vacated.

The developers’ had wanted the suburban collector to make up a shortfall of 18.5 acres to complete the 240 acres they had purchased in Goregaon

The stays were ordered by Thorat and Chavan in Dec ’13 despite Royal Palms having lost all claims for the land
                  Last edited by yogeshraja; September 25 2015, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Royal Palms has lush green surroundings and is surrounded by about 20000 acres of land which includes forest, Aarey Colony (the largest milk producers in Mumbai) and Film City (Bollywood studios for film making). This ensures a pollutionfree atmosphere and fresh air all the time.

The company has 240 acres of land, out of which 100 acres is going to be developed and 140 acres will remain green and open always. Royal Palms is 7 kms from the International Airport (20-25 minutes' drive), 4.5 km from Goregaon (E) Station (a 15-17 minute drive), 3.5 kms from Western Express Highway (a 5-6 minute drive.) There is a BEST bus from Goregaon (E) station every 15 minutes and in between there are private buses.

There is public transport practically every five mins. There are autorickshaws available from the Goregaon end Gate of Royal Palms. Moreover with the developments going on in Royal Palms the connectivity is improving day by day. Moreover there are various rental transportation facilities available for Corporates / Offices.

Various properties in Royal Palms include the 223 rooms five-star Park Plaza Hotel ( Affiliated to PARK Group), 18-hole lush green golf course, Country Club, Emerald Club (with Swimming cum Wave Pool, Snooker table, separate ladies and gents Gym, spa and sauna bath, bar and restaurant etc.), 4 IT base and other office buildings, plot bungalows, Thai Villas, Lake. (Membership to Emerald Club is free with bookings in Royal Palms) Residential buildings are Emerald Isle 1 and Emerald Isle - 2, both 20-storey , Golden Isle - 20 storeys, Palms- 1 - 8 storey, Picadilly 1 and 2, both 7 storeys Condominiums, Banglows, Villas, Mystique I, Mystique II, Mystique III.

Summit - 20 storey, Palms II - 7 storey, Lake View - (7 storey) Lake View II - (7 storeys), Golf View Apartments - 20 (storey), Moroccan - 9th to 20th storey. Other under-construction projects are a shopping mall of over 3,50,000 sq. feet, Mainframe I - 7 storey (Office building), ICSE School, 7 Star Hotel, 3 Star Hotel, 4 Star Hotel, 100 Hotel Villas (tied up with the Hilton Group). In fact, the greenery and the ambience is the USP of Royal Palms.

Royal Palms (I ) Pvt. Ltd is located at Survey No . 169, Aarey Milk Colony, Near Unit No . 26, Goregaon (E), Mumbai - 65.
                    Last edited by yogeshraja; October 25 2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Royal Palms Estates slashes prices by 40% in Mumbai

Housing in the city has become a bit more affordable, withRoyal Palms Estates slashing prices of prime properties in the western suburbs by up to 40 per cent.

This follows a similar move by other realtors, including Housing Development & Infrastructure, Puravankara Projects, Omaxe, Tata Housing Development and even the state government, all of whom have either reduced prices or forayed into affordable housing, following a slump in demand.

According to an analyst, this would have an impact on overall property prices in the city, with other real estatecompanies expected to follow suit. The monsoon being a dull season, builders come up with such offers till September.

Royal Palms Estates has begun offering ready to possess apartments at Goregaon, a north-western suburb, for Rs 3,999 a sq ft (PSF). This is lower by around 40 per cent compared with the prevailing property rates of around Rs 5,500-5,700 PSF.

When spoken to, Royal Palms Estates’ joint managing director Dilawar Nensey confirmed the development. “There is still a price resistance in the market, and traditionally the monsoon is a slack period for property sales. A number of bargain hunters surface during this season and take quick decisions if they find a property worth acquiring, either for personal use or for investing,” Nensey said.
                      More important, Royal Palms Estates needs to generate funds for future plans and is doing so by disposing of existing properties. It’s better to sell at discounted prices, rather than holding on to it, he added.

Royal Palms is setting up two Special Economic Zones (SEZ) at Goregaon – one for information technology and another for gems and jewellery – and needs funds for these projects.
                      http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/royal-palms-estates-slashes-prices-by-40-in-mumbai-109080400101_1.html
                      Last edited by yogeshraja; October 25 2015, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X