Why is royal palms in Goregaon(E) such a failure ? The rates I hear are very low. What is the catch here ?
Read more
149 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Shilpa, can you please tell the Documents I need to ask the builder when I get possesion of my Apartment. I bought an Apartment in Ruby Isles and possesion will be anytime, so I need to be sure of the Documents I should ask from the Builder before taking posssesion
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neetak
    Highlighted the disparity in Royal Palms prices. Royal Palms project at Aarey Road

this article on royal palms only talks about disparity in price differential as a matter of shock / surprise ...still it never gone in detail for sure, there panic sell due to strong negativity about this project but no concrete reason still not mention in this article, , only giving ref. of paragraph from some article written ... still considering amount of migration in mumbai from all corners , huge young population coming in job market ,i am sure there will be article in 2017 in this same forum ...how royal palm transformed rate will be more than 20 k ... in this city where slums get authorized in matter of years , this kind of big project surely whatever will happen those investors who are in panic now ...will enjoy the risk benefits after few years ( i hv no vested interest or investment in this project)
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Nirlar, we all know not a single project in Mumbai is 100% clean. What I really think is that initially that land was given as non-developing zone and later they legalised it and started selling it to public. They cant do Registration of any property with a Stamp Duty, if its not genuine. So Yes, Royal Palms might seem a risk to a lot of people, specially in this forum,... but when we talk about practical things like Registration of the Property, Deliverance of Occupation Certificate (OC), and other legal things, everything is in place of Royal Palms. Just because the rate is low, does not make the property illegal. Maybe the owners got the land at dirt cheap price and paid heavy duty in red tapism to legalize the land and now re-selling it at almost 100% proofits/margins.

Even then, in the mind of a small investore or someone who has put their whole life savings in this property, a question arises, if they are doing the right things by Investing ? That same thing came in my mind too back in October 2010 when I bought the Apartment in Ruby Isles. The answer to that question is that, in the worst case, even if something goes wrong at the end of the day, it will be the Builder/Owners who will be penalized. Not the Apartment Residents of Royal Palms. They cant just bring down the 20+ Buildings, so many Bungalows and Apartments of almost 2000 - 3000 residents at Royal Palms down to dust. If there is some flaw, the Builder will be penalized , not the Apartment Residents. By that reasoning, I think I am and every other in Royal Palm is safe.

My post might seem biased because I already invested in Royal Palms, but I knew about these things even in 2010 ( And by the way, every awared Investor knows that even Hiranandani has a lot of legality issues and even LAVASA, but that is the problem of the Builder , not of the Apartment Residents ) !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Legal things apart the quality that this builder gives is absolute rubbish. No excuse for this.
    CommentQuote
  • I inquired the same thing at Royal Palms office last week as to why they use such a bad construction material. They said the basic raw material they use the best ! However, they save money on doors and windows and 'not very good' tiling for flooring. They said, its upto the buyer to upgrade their apartment from inside later if they want.

Second thing they told was that 80% of apartments in Royal Palms have been given to construction tender companies and they constructed as per their wish and thats why such a bad quality of most buildings. However, since last 2 years, Royal Palms himself is directly constructing every building. therefore RUBY ISLE has a much superior construction value as compared to other buildings. Also, the MOROCCON bulding and EMERALD Building which Royal Palms has constructed in past, are some of the best buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • Moroccan building is actually quite a joke . It was initially a 7 or 8 storey. It was already done when I purchased my office in say 2002 or 2003. Now ht of Moroccan is over 20 floors. How they do all this god knows . They even told us at that time that Moroccan was initially constructed by shaaporji palonji construction.

I have been in royal palms just too long to know that everything they said should be taken with a pinch or rather a mountain of salt.
    I will not praise them just because I have an office there. Our office building is now usable and operational but all credit for this goes to the committee managing the operations. They had to do a Lot of stuff that builder was supposed to have done.

And no it's not just their doors and windows that were poor quality. Every thing from plumbing, drainage, wiring , ducting is all hopeless quality. Tiles are actually OK. Till a very long time MTNL would not fix phone lines in our building because it was unsafe to operate .

The list would actually be endless. If indeed the builder is self building the apartments now then that's an even bigger worry.
    CommentQuote
  • Well , maybe you are right! But anyways, we will only come to know once we start living in the building. Keeping my fingers crossed
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by starboy786
    Hello Nirlar, we all know not a single project in Mumbai is 100% clean. What I really think is that initially that land was given as non-developing zone and later they legalised it and started selling it to public. They cant do Registration of any property with a Stamp Duty, if its not genuine. So Yes, Royal Palms might seem a risk to a lot of people, specially in this forum,... but when we talk about practical things like Registration of the Property, Deliverance of Occupation Certificate (OC), and other legal things, everything is in place of Royal Palms. Just because the rate is low, does not make the property illegal. Maybe the owners got the land at dirt cheap price and paid heavy duty in red tapism to legalize the land and now re-selling it at almost 100% proofits/margins.

Even then, in the mind of a small investore or someone who has put their whole life savings in this property, a question arises, if they are doing the right things by Investing ? That same thing came in my mind too back in October 2010 when I bought the Apartment in Ruby Isles. The answer to that question is that, in the worst case, even if something goes wrong at the end of the day, it will be the Builder/Owners who will be penalized. Not the Apartment Residents of Royal Palms. They cant just bring down the 20+ Buildings, so many Bungalows and Apartments of almost 2000 - 3000 residents at Royal Palms down to dust. If there is some flaw, the Builder will be penalized , not the Apartment Residents. By that reasoning, I think I am and every other in Royal Palm is safe.

My post might seem biased because I already invested in Royal Palms, but I knew about these things even in 2010 ( And by the way, every awared Investor knows that even Hiranandani has a lot of legality issues and even LAVASA, but that is the problem of the Builder , not of the Apartment Residents ) !!!

is the campacola builder being penalized? which world do you live in?
    CommentQuote
  • Well, I do live in the same world as everyone ... and if you do a little bit of research, you will find that there was no OC (Occupation Certificate) given by BMC to residents of Campa Cola as such ... You can check it under the below link and it is very clearly mentioned in point 15 . And ROYAL PALMS do give OC or Occupancy Certificate.

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/SCs-Campa-Cola-verdict-lets-off-unscrupulous-builders/5669930728

Did Campa Cola residents get a raw deal?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Ajitsngh10310 months ago
      Are you a broker or Royal Palms representative? I have never seen someone defend a builder so enthusiastically as you.
  • Why all the owners and residents are not talking to builder collectively in group for the problems faced?
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking to buy a flat at Royal Palms. Is it really safe to stay at this place and to travel at nights? is it worth living there?
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking to buy a flat at Royal Palms. Is it realy ssafe to stay at this place and to travel at nights? is it worth living there?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, I am staying in Piccadilly 3 since last couple of months.
    Safety wise, even though you will get autos from there all night (yes, all night). But I wouldn't suggest a woman to travel alone like after 11pm alone from here. The distance from the highway to the main entrance is around 4 kms. So if you drive car, shouldn't be a prob I guess.
    Though whenever I came late, say at around 2-3 am, I have seen police patrolling cars on this aarey rd. Otherwise you can shoot a ram gopal's horror scene here. :P So when I drive alone its thrilling.
    Yes, this place is not as cool and safe as bandra or andheri west. but yes in this budget I think one better get a house here then to move to Mira rd or vasai.
    And about living here. Trust me if rest is fine, you will never regret staying a place like this in Mumbai at this budget.

P.S.: This thread was started back in 2010. I think things have changed into more positive in this 3-4 yrs. Thats what even other residents say.
    All the best :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Dax2786
    Hi, I am staying in Piccadilly 3 since last couple of months.
    Safety wise, even though you will get autos from there all night (yes, all night). But I wouldn't suggest a woman to travel alone like after 11pm alone from here. The distance from the highway to the main entrance is around 4 kms. So if you drive car, shouldn't be a prob I guess.
    Though whenever I came late, say at around 2-3 am, I have seen police patrolling cars on this aarey rd. Otherwise you can shoot a ram gopal's horror scene here. :P So when I drive alone its thrilling.
    Yes, this place is not as cool and safe as bandra or andheri west. but yes in this budget I think one better get a house here then to move to Mira rd or vasai.
    And about living here. Trust me if rest is fine, you will never regret staying a place like this in Mumbai at this budget.

P.S.: This thread was started back in 2010. I think things have changed into more positive in this 3-4 yrs. Thats what even other residents say.
    All the best :)

What are the price going on,ready possession and abt rental
    CommentQuote
  • It is very suprising to find that there are potential buyers looking to buy in this project which has been trying to sell units for the past many years now
    CommentQuote