Why is royal palms in Goregaon(E) such a failure ? The rates I hear are very low. What is the catch here ?
Read more
149 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi

Can anyone let us know if the Aarey Colony road is getting done up? I got to know that BMC is redoing the entire stretch of road with Cement Blocks. Last time I visited RP I saw those Cement Blocks lined up on the side of the road, not sure if the work has actually begun though?
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 150-cr B'wood museum plan put on fast track

GOREGAON-MULUND LINK ROAD - New alignment, elevated stretch to save 400 trees

CommentQuote
  • This is good news but i hope, wish and pray that due respect is given to the environment and the green cover is retained. My guess is that enough care will be taken considering the strong sentiments that people now have for the environmental issues and fear of the media that causes huge negative publicity. Lets hope for the best.
    CommentQuote
  • hi pareshd,
    what is a good building to buy a 3 bedroom flat in royal palms? what is the going rate?

thanks
    CommentQuote
  • I am really not an expert but anything between 7200 - 8000 per sq ft is my guess. The rate would also depend in which society / building within RP you wish to buy.

All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PARESHD
    I am really not an expert but anything between 7200 - 8000 per sq ft is my guess. The rate would also depend in which society / building within RP you wish to buy.

All the best.

thanks pareshd

regards
    CommentQuote
  • Aarey colony road is getting done up and almost 50% of the road is completed. Hope the work for entire stretch of road is done before the monsoons. Saw some street lights been installed also. Good roads surrounded by Nature is a fabulous combination and definitely worth a drive.
    CommentQuote
  • I am been offered a resale 3BHK for 65Lakhs at Diamond Isle. Is it a good buy? I saw many houses in the same bld also for sale. Please Advise..

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • I always wonder What is the catch here?

Why Properties in Royal Palms are at 25% - 30% of local Goregaon market and still people are not buying it ??
    CommentQuote
  • U need to visit it once, I did, and the surroundings are superb. But as I entered the Royal Palms, I was disappointed, the buildings looks shabby and did not get the feel good factor. My point of view, I don't intend offence to people residing there.
    CommentQuote
  • I had visited there as well.. No doubt very beautiful surroundings.. But the whole road was filled with potholes and that happens there in beginning of every monsoon.. With very few vehicles on the road, felt very unsafe too.. The crowd there seemed a mixed one.. Many bachelors on rent.. Buildings really in poor condition.. Put me off completely.. My wife is at home most of the time.. So became a complete no-no for me.. Again, my personal opinion and it was about a year back..
    CommentQuote
  • Any comments on the newer building such as Palm 2 or others that has been built after 2013.. Price seems to be pretty low and attractive..

I am thinking of buying one 3BHK

please advise
    CommentQuote
  • Investing there is fraught with risk - gets very lonely post evenings, major road work being proposed and when that starts it will be very dusty/noisey/traffic jams etc. Till then the roads are not good any case and very difficult to motor. Also if its investment, then rental and re-sale is almost negligible - like the above post mentioned its more of bachelors. Too much money on very little value - it would make sense as a 2nd home at 3500-4000 psf all inclusive - even then the building and interiors need a immediate revamp
    CommentQuote
  • I recently visited Royal Palms with the intention of buying a flat, since I have a limited budget. But came out disappointed due to many reasons.

1. The place is just too far and too inside..as someone said, it can get pretty lonely in the late evening / nights..very hard to commute to and from main Mumbai city, so forget about calling someone to your place late at nights, or even going out by yourself.
    2. The roads leading there aren't exactly in good condition. Plus, I heard during nights, there is routine check-up from police..so one should be prepared for inspection if they are driving during the nights.
    3. The LAYOUT of flats is laughably bad. At least in Piccadilly condos. These 1RK/Studio apartments have a tiny kitchen tucked at one corner and more space is given to bathroom!! The construction is old and rusty.
    4. Most flats are rented to bachelors and African people.
    5. Even then, monthly maintenance can go as high as rs 1500!
    6. Some buildings like Ruby Isle have water problems still.
    7. It's still disputable whether the entire land is really legally acquired or not.

In the end, I think, these flats are good only if you are planning to give on rent, and not for staying yourself.
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure if investing there is good for renting as well - why would one invest 55-60 lacs to get rent at 1% and risk flat condition, no sense of capital appreciation etc. It is better to look at Dahisar/Thane belt if intent is to invest for similar quantum
    CommentQuote