Why is royal palms in Goregaon(E) such a failure ? The rates I hear are very low. What is the catch here ?
Read more
149 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Are all legal documents in place? A few years ago when I was looking to buy a flat, I was advised against it by a relative who works with a major private banks home loan department. They were not giving loans because they claimed there was some legal dispute w.r.t ownership of the land. Make sure you get all documents checked before you buy.
    -Frank
    CommentQuote
  • Aarey Colony gets back its disputed land after 15 yrs

Cong ministers stalled return of 18.5 acres to Aarey Colony by builder

Revenue minister Thorat and dairy development minister Chavan used quasi-judicial powers to grant stays on takeover of land by suburban collector, RTI query reveals

The take over of 18.5 acres o fAarey Milk Colony land in Goregaon by the suburban collector from Royal Palms developers has been stayed by revenue minister Balasaheb Thorat and dairy development minister Madhukar Chavan – both from the Congress -- using their quasi-judicial powers. In fact, Thorat’s stay came on December 18, a day before the suburbancollectorwastotakeovertheland prior to giving it to the dairy development department.

The stays were ordered by Thorat and Chavan in December 2013 despite Royal Palms having lost all claimsforthelandatvariouslevelstill 2006. The developers’ had wanted the suburban collector to make up a shortfall of 18.5 acres to complete the 240 acres they had purchased in surveyno169inGoregaon.Theworthof the land is approximately Rs 5,500 crore.

While collector V L Gavai gave themtheplotinNovember1999,this was set aside by additional divisional commissioner R B Kulkarni in 2000. Kulkarni’s decision was upheld by then revenue minister Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar in July 2003. Later, the Bombay High Court in 2006 too set aside Gavai’s order.

Responding to a Right To Information application by Mumbai Mirror requesting information from the dairy development commissioner in this issue, Aarey CEO Limbaraj Bhosale who is also the Public Information Officer said stays on return of the land to the government were issued by Thorat and Chavan.

While Thorat issued a stay on December 18, 2013, a day before then suburban district collector Sanjay Deshmukh was to take possession of the land and hand it over to the dairy development department, Chavan issued a stay on its transfer and asked dairydevelopmentcommissionerYE Kerure to stop proceedings after Royal Palms applied in written to him on December 6, 2013.
    The dispute has its roots in May 2000, when Royal Palms started constructing a boundary wall. The then dairy development commissioner appealed to then additional divisional commissioner (Konkan div) R Kulkarni, the next appellate authority, and obtained a stay on May 9, 2000. In a hearing on September 4, 2000 Kulkarni cancelled Gavai’s order.

However, the land demarcations were not done for several years, till 2013, when former chief secretary Jayant Banthia ordered that the dairy development department must fence its properties to tackle encroachment, including Aarey Milk Colony. Following this, the department paid Rs 25.56 lakh to city land survey officer (Vile Parle), who found thatAareyColonyhadlost18.5acres.

As per government procedure, Deshmukh was to ensure that Aarey Colonygetstheland,butRoyalPalms raised objections. The developers also wrote to Chavan on December 6, 2013 alleging the land measurement had been done in a haphazard manner, and clear details had not been provided in the land survey officer’s report. Royal Palms further said the survey was done with undue haste, and that their representative was not present when the measurement was done. They also objected to Aarey Colony constructing a boundary wall.

Thorat and Chavan told Mirror that they could not recollect having dealt with the case. “I don’t remember much about this case, but the stay hasbeengivenbytherevenuedepartment and not me,” Chavan said. Mirror has a copy of Royal Palms’s submissions and Chavan’s remarks staying the takeover by the suburban collector.

Thorat said, “It could be an old case. I don’t remember whether I havegivenastayornot.IfIhave,Iwill hear everyone and give fair judgement. My judgements are always upheld by most courts.’’

When Mirror tried to contact Dilawar Nensey, joint managing director, Royal Palms, via emails and over phone, his spokesperson said Nensey was travelling and would reply only after his return. On Friday, Nensey replied via email that he would not be able to comment as the matter is subjudice.

Now, dairy development commissioner Kerure has written to the secretary, dairy development in Mantralaya to get the stays vacated.

The developers’ had wanted the suburban collector to make up a shortfall of 18.5 acres to complete the 240 acres they had purchased in Goregaon

The stays were ordered by Thorat and Chavan in Dec ’13 despite Royal Palms having lost all claims for the land
    CommentQuote
  • Royal Palms has lush green surroundings and is surrounded by about 20000 acres of land which includes forest, Aarey Colony (the largest milk producers in Mumbai) and Film City (Bollywood studios for film making). This ensures a pollutionfree atmosphere and fresh air all the time.

The company has 240 acres of land, out of which 100 acres is going to be developed and 140 acres will remain green and open always. Royal Palms is 7 kms from the International Airport (20-25 minutes' drive), 4.5 km from Goregaon (E) Station (a 15-17 minute drive), 3.5 kms from Western Express Highway (a 5-6 minute drive.) There is a BEST bus from Goregaon (E) station every 15 minutes and in between there are private buses.

There is public transport practically every five mins. There are autorickshaws available from the Goregaon end Gate of Royal Palms. Moreover with the developments going on in Royal Palms the connectivity is improving day by day. Moreover there are various rental transportation facilities available for Corporates / Offices.

Various properties in Royal Palms include the 223 rooms five-star Park Plaza Hotel ( Affiliated to PARK Group), 18-hole lush green golf course, Country Club, Emerald Club (with Swimming cum Wave Pool, Snooker table, separate ladies and gents Gym, spa and sauna bath, bar and restaurant etc.), 4 IT base and other office buildings, plot bungalows, Thai Villas, Lake. (Membership to Emerald Club is free with bookings in Royal Palms) Residential buildings are Emerald Isle 1 and Emerald Isle - 2, both 20-storey , Golden Isle - 20 storeys, Palms- 1 - 8 storey, Picadilly 1 and 2, both 7 storeys Condominiums, Banglows, Villas, Mystique I, Mystique II, Mystique III.

Summit - 20 storey, Palms II - 7 storey, Lake View - (7 storey) Lake View II - (7 storeys), Golf View Apartments - 20 (storey), Moroccan - 9th to 20th storey. Other under-construction projects are a shopping mall of over 3,50,000 sq. feet, Mainframe I - 7 storey (Office building), ICSE School, 7 Star Hotel, 3 Star Hotel, 4 Star Hotel, 100 Hotel Villas (tied up with the Hilton Group). In fact, the greenery and the ambience is the USP of Royal Palms.

Royal Palms (I ) Pvt. Ltd is located at Survey No . 169, Aarey Milk Colony, Near Unit No . 26, Goregaon (E), Mumbai - 65.
    CommentQuote
  • Royal Palms Estates slashes prices by 40% in Mumbai

Housing in the city has become a bit more affordable, withRoyal Palms Estates slashing prices of prime properties in the western suburbs by up to 40 per cent.

This follows a similar move by other realtors, including Housing Development & Infrastructure, Puravankara Projects, Omaxe, Tata Housing Development and even the state government, all of whom have either reduced prices or forayed into affordable housing, following a slump in demand.

According to an analyst, this would have an impact on overall property prices in the city, with other real estatecompanies expected to follow suit. The monsoon being a dull season, builders come up with such offers till September.

Royal Palms Estates has begun offering ready to possess apartments at Goregaon, a north-western suburb, for Rs 3,999 a sq ft (PSF). This is lower by around 40 per cent compared with the prevailing property rates of around Rs 5,500-5,700 PSF.

When spoken to, Royal Palms Estates’ joint managing director Dilawar Nensey confirmed the development. “There is still a price resistance in the market, and traditionally the monsoon is a slack period for property sales. A number of bargain hunters surface during this season and take quick decisions if they find a property worth acquiring, either for personal use or for investing,” Nensey said.
    More important, Royal Palms Estates needs to generate funds for future plans and is doing so by disposing of existing properties. It’s better to sell at discounted prices, rather than holding on to it, he added.

Royal Palms is setting up two Special Economic Zones (SEZ) at Goregaon – one for information technology and another for gems and jewellery – and needs funds for these projects.
    http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/royal-palms-estates-slashes-prices-by-40-in-mumbai-109080400101_1.html
    CommentQuote
  • Royal palms builder have started selling it villas which were once Palms hotels which were close down since 4 years.I went to see these villas. Hotel which consists of 109 individual villas of 1/2/3 BHK 1,200 square feet each with a sundeck, living room, bedroom and a swimming pool. They have sold out 40, 14,000/ Per Sq ft. with having OC. They were ready to give us rents @5% on purchase price after we buy from them.

Is it good idea to buys these villas as they fall inside of goregaon as a second home which is very near to film city.

CommentQuote
  • Why Royal Palms is selling its profit making hotels in Goregaon

Mumbai's Royal Palms India Pvt. Ltd has announced that it will be selling its hotel properties in the western suburb of Goregaon and diversifying into agriculture. The company owned Royal Palms is a 240-acre mixed-use campus housed in the lap of the green belt of Mumbai's Aarey Milk Colony with commercial spaces, residential properties, malls and hotels, of which the company has developed 90 acres.

In a chat with Firstpost its Joint Managing Director, Dilawar Nensey, talks about scope for the hospitality industry, why the company is selling off their hotel properties and its plans for the future.

Which of its properties is Royal Palms putting up for sale?
    The company is putting up The Palms Hotel -- initially known as the Park Plaza Royal Palms -- a 245 room hotel which was built in 2005, on sale. We are also selling the Palms Villa Hotel, a hotel which consists of 109 individual villas of 1,200 square feet each with a sundeck, living room, bedroom and a swimming pool. And the third property being sold is the 422 room hotel called the Imperial Palace which was built in 2009.

All the hotels mentioned are hotels that are up and running and doing well independently.

We have a room capacity of 800 rooms which are totally operational. We are the third largest in Mumbai in terms of functional number of rooms, the Taj being number one followed by the Oberoi. All three of our hotels see good revenue throughout the year by way of room revenue and then by the rental of other facilities like the conference room or banquet halls. And most of our guests are corporate businessmen and airline crews.

Why would a developer want to sell its hotels if they are doing well? Why would anyone want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

We have a 240 acre space in Goregaon, of which we have developed only about 90 acres, and we could well use the money we get from the sales of these hotels to develop the remaining land we have. The money that will come off these sales will be put back into the Royal Palms land at Goregaon.

Our selling of running hotel businesses is a purely commercial decision. We have always been in the business of building and developing land and then exiting at the right value, at the right time.

Keeping that in mind, we feel that the right time for selling our hotels is now.

Does the company have other business plans?
    At the moment we are looking to further develop our Goregaon land, but, yes, we are looking to diversify into the agriculture business.
    We have in fact, already bought 300 acres of agriculture land, 3,500 feet above sea level in Pune and have begun cultivating different types of berries on 100 acres of that land. On the remaining 200 acres we own, we plan to grow exotic varieties of vegetables like Okra and rocket leaves and also regular garden vegetables like tomatoes, mint and corn.
    Agriculture according to us is a field with much scope considering that we have such a huge population which needs to be fed -- even as consumption increases with awareness, longevity and improved health.

From a business point of view, it is still a tax free space. As irrigable and cultivable land is becoming scarce, we still need to feed people and cultivating agriculture land is the only way to be able to sustain.

We hope that our land with rich red soil can contribute to the food output of the region. Our plans for our agriculture business is to grow organic, environment friendly food using the expertise of people in areas surrounding it, who are traditionally farmers.

What's the scope of the hospitality industry in India?
    A report by HVS, the world's leading consulting and services organization focused on the hotel and restaurant industries, cites Delhi NCR and Mumbai as having the most number of branded hotel rooms -- 12,708 and 11,303 respectively -- in the country by way of being India's gateway cities. However, in comparison to China's cities of Beijing and Shanghai, these numbers seem miniscule. Beijing has 1,29,452 branded hotel rooms, while Shanghai has 61,192 rooms.

The total available inventory of hotel rooms -- both branded and unbranded -- stand at 1,63,038. But according to HVS, rooms required in India by 2021 will be 3,51,540 -- which translates into an additional 1,88,502 rooms.

Even presently there is a hugh shortfall in the number of rooms available and the number of rooms needed. Mumbai itself needs over 7,000 rooms over the next three years. So the scope for hospitality is still huge.

What is the USP of your hotels at Royal Palms? Why would anyone want to buy it in a market which is still relatively cautious?
    Our biggest selling point is that all of our three hotels up for sale are assets that are already making money. In fact, our Palms Villa property has an occupancy of 75 to 80 percentat any given time.

All our properties bring with it an assured immediate revenue, rather than waiting for break-even for 5-6 years after purchasing a place and building it.

We have been in this business in Mumbai for a while and have seen that recovering the money put in building a hotel aside, another major hurdle is that of buying land and developing it. In our properties, that hassle is saved. Our land is clear of litigation and all compliances associated with building a hotel are already in place since it is a ready product. There will also be a substantial saving in the sense of the cost of land and building, permissions and also possible delays in its start.

http://www.firstpost.com/business/economy/why-royal-palms-is-selling-its-profit-making-hotels-in-goregaon-533406.html

CommentQuote
  • ... and how about buying an apartment in the residential buildings there? I see a lot of people selling their flats there, with various reasons, like electricity and water issues, unsafe roads, toll concerns, rentals not very high etc. Any one would like to advice please?
    CommentQuote
  • Have visited Royal Palms 3-4 times in last 2 months, purpose was visit to family friend.

Our friend who only last year bought his 1BHK is ready to quit due to plethora of issues. Main reason for this is acute traffic during peak hour, to & from Goregaon railway station. It can take upto 2 hours to reach using public transport.

Looking at their plight, i find myself fortunate, as we decided against buying there due to distance from railway station, which is our primary mode of travel.

I think its is BIG no for people not having their means of transport. 2/4 wheelerwalas may try their luck.
    CommentQuote
  • Jhol in all documents of royal palms

Dear All
    Please don't be ignorant while reading documents such as agreement for sale, commencement certificate, occupancy certificate etc. Before purchasing any property in royal palms. I am telling you all this because I had a bad experience in royal palms regarding the same. Though all property have got documents such as sale agreement by builder, power of attorney, goshiara 1, goshiara 2, index 2, stamp duty receipts, registrar receipts, commencement certificate and an occupancy certificate but still all documents says only one thing.......that ur all des documents have many discrepancies........such as various things are not matching......for example.....occupancy certificate address related to building and commencement certificate adress related to building doesn't match at all.......so definitely if u r purchasing a property which is financed by ur bank.....so bank will definitely show a thumbs down to u.....so beware while booking any property in royal palms.
    Secondly I wud say.....if u r purchasing a new property from builder of royal palms (not to name ne1 directly) den plz don't rely on sale agreement provided by the builder.....rather u insist upon to get d agreement done by ur lawyer....since it may make a gr8 difference....as everything vil go into ur favor bcoz builder always makes as many discrepancies as possible to make a wrong sales agreement.....if u don't believe me....u can mail me for the same....I have the proof.....
    Thirdly I wud suggest its one'
    s personal decision to book a property in royal palms...as many ppl stay in chawls in Mumbai.....and even chawls are also being sold at the rates which are equivalent enough to buy a new property from a builder....only advantage u get is....a free water and electricity that too widout any maintenance for the same....and these costs have to be bear by the owners in royal palms.....these may cost up to 5000 rs per month minimum for 1 room kitchen condos holders.....many banks do provide loans thru agents since u have the capacity to pay....and not ur property....ultimately to provide loan is banks buisness...so definitely u vil get loans from SBI and LICHFL like companies also but thru an agent for which u wud have 2 pay 1-2% of property cost........but believe me....these properties doesn't have ne resale value....these flats and chawls in Mumbai values the same....since all documents are bogus.....even if u buy a property in Naigaon or Nalasopara....u vil get a resale value more than that of royal palms.......these properties are only suitable for rents......n nothing else.....
    CommentQuote
  • Hello All

I had a 1 BHK here in Palms II building which was bought in around 2004/5 and sold it to lot of negative reasons in mid 2014. Primary cause being non maintenance of the entire town ship by builder and secondly non ease of connectivity. Owing to these reasons over years, the place has not appreciated to the tune of locations in Mumbai.

Investment here didn't looked very positive way back in 2015 and I am curious to know how is the place doing now ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Yes this place has lots of negatives. But we should be comparing the total package isn't it ? Today still you can get a 2bhk house in 65 lakhs in Royal Palms. Where else do you think you can get a flat at that cost ? Virar ? Now consider the time saved in travelling vis-a-vis travelling from virar. How about buying a car for may be 3 or 4 lakhs and living a better life here as compared to hanging in the local train ?

From investment perspective I agree this place is not good and probably you would get better returns if you buy in virar/kalyan etc.
    But it all depends upon the needs. From here Powai is 7 Kms away and so is goregaon and so is Andheri (Marol).

Yes the builder does not maintain the society when we compare it with Rahejas of the world. May be builder complex roads are better today but Monsoons will bring them back to their horrible conditions.

Yes it is a struggle to get electricians, plumbers for which you have to depend on brokers etc.

Yes it is a nightmare if I want to go to/come from Goregaon station during rush hours. (May be this is one ill thing that I have not got accustomed to yet)

Yes I now see even taxi drivers moving here (in Palms II). So there is certain loss of class even here.(This is one of the second negative point, that I see here)

Yes there are compromises involved. Staying here is not at all easy.

But yes I have seen familes shifting back to Palms II after getting (supposedly) fed up of staying here with supposed disadvantages.

And tell you what, I am here for the benefit that I gain by staying here. I moved here after staying for 10 years in Ambernath and I agree adjusting here is not easy. But once you are able to, you will cherish living here. Especially the cool morning walk, that you can enjoy from the saved time, that you would anyways be struggling in a local train (I am talking about the person having a budget of 65Lakhs).

You get fresh milk from tabelas (though it is costly 63 per ltr). But hell it is fresh and not some soda and washing powder.

And now since Palms II has got OC and BMC water has reached Mastermind, the extension to Palms II seems even more closer than before.

Bottomline is see what 65Lakhs can buy and then make a judgement about this place. Dont compare this place with 1.4 Cr 2Bhk houses. This will never stand a chance.
    And yes, I am staying in Palms II since 2008.

Will I choose to stay here if I have 1.4Cr ? Of course not. But will I have it ? Time will tell.

Its good that there are so many negative feedbacks about this place. There is still some place in Mumbai that is within the reach of people like us.

Each one to their choices/needs.

All the fence sitters, please take a house on rent here if you are considering Royal Palms. And keep a budget for a car and give this place a year before judging it. I am sure 90% of you will buy it. And trust me your decision will be more practical and personal instead of some abrapt insinuations on a web portal..
    CommentQuote
  • CONSIDER OFFER, NGO URGES STATE - Pvt developer offers its land in Aarey for Metro-III depot

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, r u still staying in royal palms? How is diamond 3 building to invest in a flat?
    CommentQuote
  • Hotels battle it out over `Palms Hotel' trademark
    CommentQuote
  • thnk u

u are right

any good building here in royal palms goregaon - for 1 bhk for staying
    CommentQuote