Hi there,

Does anybody have invested in Kamla Granduer proposed project on LBS road mulund west. The project has been stalled for some time. All of us who have invested in the project are well come to share their views.

Being together we can get more information and also talk to builder if required either directly or through Channel partners. So please inform.
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
    • Other
    Does anyone have any idea about this project.
    CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    • Complaints
    its a redevelopment project started in the year 2009 and nothing has happened yet and the completion date should be around december 2050
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    hi padolev;,

Any progress on Kamla Grandeur project ??
    CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Construction
    not heard any developments.. do u also invested in this project........
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Can you share your number please. I have also invested in this project.
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    give u r personal email id or something we will share info
    CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Construction
    plz read the attached article. Does anybody has any idea about it......
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=77491
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Construction
    Bldr faces protests from flat buyers for failure to complete projects

Developer Says Wrong Info Being Spread

Mumbai-based developer Kamla Landmarc, which gained prominence for its failed bid to own the IPL Deccan Chargers team in 2012, is facing protests from hundreds of flat buyers across the city

Investors who booked apartments and office space four years ago have complained to police against the builder for cheating and misappropriation -each buyer paid amounts ranging from Rs 70 lakh to over Rs one crore. Projects haven't started or those which have do not have permission from BMC, they said. The property market is keenly observing the developments as the builder is believed to have an exposure of over Rs 2,000 crore.The confrontation came to a head when some flat purchasers held a dharna outside the developer's incomplete residential project in Mulund. The builder Jitendra Jain told TOI the delay is restricted to the Mulund project. “I have promised them flats in another project,“ he said.

But around 30 disgruntled clients, who met TOI last week, said the delay was in projects across the suburbs. The Brahans Business Park in Andheri (E), for instance, has no occupa tion certificate, according to Mark D'Souza. He said part of his office space was sealed by BMC after it was found to be illegally constructed.

“Many investors are from the Gulf and Africa,“ they said.Muscat-based Melwyn Menezes, who paid Rs 93 lakh for a flat in Bhandup, sent a complaint to the Mumbai police chief through the Indian embassy recently. He booked the flat in July 2012, but no building has come up yet.

Mahalakshmi Dandapani, 73, said she sold her flat and booked another apartment in the builder's project Granduer in Mulund (W) in 2012. “I've paid Rs 23 lakh, but the building hasn't come up.I've been living with my daughter for 5 years,“ she said.

Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Seva Dal leader Rakesh Shetty , spearheading the protest, said the investors have approached the economic offen ces wing. “We are expecting an FIR to be filed soon,“ he said. In a letter addressed to police commissioner Datta Padsalgikar, Shetty said the developer's modus operandi is to pay paltry sums to plot owners and induce them to be part of upcoming project. “Thereafter, the developer resorts to a publicity blitzkrieg assisted by a group of agents, who facilitate heavy bookings by luring gullible investors. After that the project is never completed. Almost all projects floated by the developer have stayed on paper,“ he said.

Market sources described Kamla Landmarc as one of the `aggressive cowboy developers', which made its fortunes mainly in the Bandra-Khar area. Prior to 2012, civic chiefs had discretionary powers to grant extra areas free of FSI to builders. “Builders like Kamla benefited tremendously because of manipulation of saleable areas in premium localities,“ said sources. “The company knew how to make the best use of the BMC's building laws and innovatively constructed residential and commercial buildings on narrow plots in Bandra-Khar,“ they added. However, the realty firm is believed to have stopped its building projects in that area after the BMC's amended development control rules came into force in 2012. The new rules stipulate builders must pay a hefty premium to the corporation in exchange for 35% extra floor space index. “The company realised its projects in Bandra-Khar would no longer be feasible,“ said a source.

Kamla Landmarc said in a statement: “Some people have been spreading baseless information about our 40-year-old company .We have delivered 36 projects in Mumbai and are relentlessly working to deliver others. We are constantly in touch with our investors in person or through respective consultants.“ The statement added, “ All our investors and purchasers have been offered alternate project or buyback, with a specific timeline for possession or re-payment with mutual consent. Due to changes in development control rules and unprecedented changes in policies, some amendments and rectifications were necessary to be incorporated in under-construction and upcoming projects.“ The builder warned his clients to “act on your own smartness and intelligence, rather than being wrongly instigated by some sadists who are taking lead for their personal benefits, extorting ransom from us.“

CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    • Complaints
    State body seals Santacruz bldg to recover dues, buyers in a fix

Kamla Spaces Has No OC, BMC Moves Court to Evict Occupants

After hundreds of angry flat buyers and investors of Kamla Landmarc, now it is the state government's financial institution, Sicom, that has turned the screws on the controversial Mumbai-based developer.Sicom (State Industrial & Investment Corporation of Maharashtra) has taken possession of a prime commercial complex, Kamla Spaces, on S V Road, Santacruz, and is trying to auction the property to recover its dues from the builder.

Earlier, the corporation had set a reserve price of Rs 150 crore, but the auction flopped because there were no takers.

“We have also sealed five other properties of this developer and have approached the economic offences wing to file a complaint,“ said a Sicom official. Among them are two shops on Bandra's Turner Road, with areserve price set at Rs 25 crore.Sicom's deputy manager Shatrugna Kalavar refused to divulge how much money the developer owed the corporation.

A Kamla Landmarc spokesperson said: “We do not deny this. Sicom is following its mandate. We have been repaying our loans from time to time.“

But buyers who paid the builder crores for the shops and offices in Kamla Spaces, a ground plus three storey building, find themselves stuck. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has dragged them to court, seeking their eviction because the building does not have the mandatory occupation certificate. The purchasers occupied their shops and offices three years ago after the builder showed them “proof“ of the requisite civic permissions to occupy the building.

“However, the BMC has now said the building has no occupation certificate,“ several beleaguered shop owners told TOI. The municipal notice was served on 26 occupants, direc ting the “accused to vacate the premises immediately“.

“The sub engineer again inspected and examined the premises and found the accused failed to comply with the requisition lawfully made upon him and thereby committed an offence...“ The shop owners have challenged the BMC notice.

Occupants said they paid amounts ranging from Rs 1.2 crore to Rs 20 crore to buy space in the commercial building.“The builder has misused the refuge area and has built a theatre (Light Box) in the basement although the building plans do not show it,“ they said.The Kamla Landmarc spokesperson denied the allegation, terming it as “baseless“.

“We have built as per appro ved building plans,“ he said.

Early this week, TOI had reported how Kamla Landmarc has been facing protests from hundreds of flat buyers and investors across the city .The builder has failed to complete or, in some cases, even start work on projects in the suburbs. Many of them have complained to the police against the builder for cheating and misappropriation.

The developer alleged some people were spreading “baseless and untrue information“ about the company . “We have delivered 36 projects in Mumbai and are relentlessly working to deliver others. We are constantly in touch with our investors in person or through respective consultants,“ it said.

CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Legal & Taxation
    More trouble for builder, now booked for cheating

There is more trouble in store for controversial developer Kamla Landmarc.The Vile Parle police have registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of trust against four directors of the company for duping a 47-yearold Powai businessman of Rs 4.37 crore.The complainant said he had paid the amount towards purchase of a shop measuring 3,260 sqft carpet area in Kamla Executive Enclave-9, a commercial complex, at Andheri-MIDC in 2007. But the developer did not hand over possession of the premises claiming the occupation certificate (OC) was awaited.

Deputy commissioner of police (zone VIII) Virendra Mishra told TOI the case was registered on June 21 against Jitendra Jain, Ramesh Jain, Jinendra Jain and their manager Ketan Shah. Mishra sa id the probe is underway . But a spokesperson for Kamla Landmarc told TOI that they were not aware about the FIR.

According to sanctioned plans, Kamla Landmarc was to build a six-storey commercial building at AndheriMIDC. But the builder violated municipal building regulations and constructed two additional floors without permission. “The builder mortgaged the seventh and eighth floors to Sicom (State Industrial & Investment Corporation of Maharashtra). I was promised the shop in June 2009, after I made 90% payment in 2008. But till date, the developer made false promises that I will get possession once they get the OC. This is now impossible to get an OC from the BMC because of the illegal construction,“ the businessman told TOI. “I even asked the builder to return my money or give an alternative place to no avail.“

But the spokesperson of Kamla Landmarc called the allegations baseless. “He seems to have misguided the police and concealed information from them. The police never called us for our say on the issue,“ the spokesperson said.“He signed the agreement and made the payment, but didn't take possession of the premises. We sent him several letters asking to do so and pay the balance Rs 45 lakh, but he never responded. The last reminder was sent on May 9, 2016.“

Early this week, TOI reported how hundreds of flatbuyers and investors of Kamla Landmarc have been protesting against the builder for collecting large amounts from them, but failing to hand over possession of their apartments and offices in various projects.

CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Builder Review
    Dear All,
    My name is Vijay, One of the victim for booking flat in Kamla landmark builder. I am following up with builder from last one year but there is no response at all. Recently I heard that some protests are going on against Kamla Land marc for projects in Mulund and Bhandup. Me also want to be part of it. Please share contact numbers and Email ID's people who are already united against him.
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    I am also one of the buyers, but i am not aware about any group... I read these things in News papers.... How to contact existing group.....
    CommentQuote
  • Dear vijay1338;

I have heard that builder is offering investors to shift in some other project in mulund/bhandup. Do u have any idea. As regard sharing information please send you contact info on mulund.mumbai@rediffmail.com we will try and unite to solve this issue.
    CommentQuote
    • Complaints
    • Builder Review
    Dear all, Has any one been able to contact developer? I have been trying to call them and no one picks up the phone. Previously at least the receptionist used to pick up and I would get the standard answer that "Sir has not come to office today". But now, no one picks up even the board line. Has the office been shut? Whats the way to reach the developer?
    CommentQuote
    • Legal & Taxation
    • Builder Review
    Many buyers already filed FIR against the builder. Please share your number.
    CommentQuote