Last updated: August 10 2010
9 | Posts
1762 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai Filthiest Place In India

Look at this article..
    Mumbai is the filthiest metro in India and yet the most expensive.. Luckily Navi Mumbai fared much better...
    Last edited by AveMaria2407; May 8 2015, 03:10 PM. Reason: link specified was out of topic

Re : Mumbai Filthiest Place In India

One more thing guys.. don't kill me for this post.. I love Mumbai and I was born there and it is the only place I call home .. but am not happy with the price of the real estate.. It just went crazy and is out of reach.. and I don't understand the justification.. if an average mumbaikar cannot buy an house in the only place he has known..

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpj View Post
      One more thing guys.. don't kill me for this post.. I love Mumbai and I was born there and it is the only place I call home .. but am not happy with the price of the real estate.. It just went crazy and is out of reach.. and I don't understand the justification.. if an average mumbaikar cannot buy an house in the only place he has known..
      I am also Mumbaikar.... and whole heartedly agree with one of the lowest rankings given to Mumbai. Entire charm of Mumbai has gone away now. However, you can not blame Mumbai RE prices going crazy only... its a nationwide phenomena.

I am seriously considering moving to Ahmedabad.. lots of jobs coming there and Narendra Modi is doing way too much to improve it and make it one of India's best towns. Its another Bangalore in the making.

Biggest problem used to be water quality, which is also resolved now.
      Mitti se aya hai... mitti mein mil jaayega!
      :bab (65)

Comment

Yes.. Narendra Modi has done a fantastic job.. I wait for someone in Maharashtra to come up.. whom I can vote..
        BJP SS is equally bad if not horrible.. they control the BMC if I am not mistaken.. they should take credit for this dubious record..
        I don't subscribe to the point of view of Mr. Raj Thackeray that hitting a taxi driver or my milkman is the solution to my problem.. I want to jog Mr. Raj Thackeray's memory on what he did with the money he collected for the employment scheme.. when he was part of Shiv Sena.. I think each application were of Rs 500 then.. who got the job.. the Zunka Bakar scheme was nothing but land grab..
        I am waiting for cancer to over come corrupt pawar..

I don't have any hope for another 4 years..
        I hope when the next time I go to vote.. I have an choice.. I keep hoping....
        Mumbai is my home its a lil dirty now and I hope it gets all cleaned up..
        Last edited by Sharpj; August 8 2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

My friend migrated from Australia to Mumbai and lately she is getting totally fed up of the place. She says, she's had enough! And just wants to run away. Back to Australia. I am not sure how many of us would simply prefer to move overseas, if we had an opportunity?

BTW, do contribute to the POLL.

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...ian-12830.html

Comment

I totally agree. I think not just mumbai but the whole country is going from bad to worse. It is appalling to see people spit on the roads, honk like they dont care, wild dogs everywhere..it's really pitiable. When you raise ur voice you r told u need to be active. Hello thats the reason we pay taxes.I dont want to be paying money and doing their work as well. ON our part as a responsible citizen let us take care to conserve water or stop honking or anything that reduces the pain. Minimum interaction with this maximum city is how I prefer but alas!

Comment

One more important point..I think being the so called financial capital of the country has only worked to our disadvantage. Had recently been to Delhi. Superb roads and infrastructure. They get a T3 and we get a huge controversy even before the alternate airport comes up. Everyone just exploits this city to fill their coffers and govt and the builders are Number 1 in that.

Comment

Mumbai Meri Jaan

I love Mumbai, Mumbai used to be the best city in India during the 60, 70, 80 & some part of 90, its downfall started after 95 and its been going down and down. I was born and brought up in Mumbai, I am a Mumbaikar, I have seen Mumbai from a peaceful, loving city to becoming a very selfish city. I am in US now, I recently came to Mumbai for my vacation, but I cant belive, that Mumbai has become the costliest city in the world, Real estate is syrocketing, the prices at the malls for the goods are much costiler than in USA, it really puzzles me how the middle class is able to survive in Mumbai. This is not the same Mumbai where I grew up and have very fond memories, I sincerely hope that things get back to reality or normalcy very soon in Mumbai.

Comment

I recently went through a article and i will rite very briefly what it covered.

Mumbai pays a lot of Tax but unfortunately for the people who control the Tax Mumbai is not a big Vote Bank. So the money gets distributed to everywhere along the country where they need to win seats. Add to it that anything that needs to happen (constructued) in Mumbai gets hugly delayed due to various vested interests.

VK
                  Last edited by veeemkay; August 10 2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Could'nt agree with you more...I am totally surprised that this very place that I grew up in and loved has turned from bad to worse. After coming back its almost 2 years but still I have repatriation issues. I am not suggesting that the US does not have its share of problems but you would agree to this that the middle class in the US has a much more comfortable life than in India. It does not matter if you are a Amitabh Bacchhan or a commoner like me. Both our vehicles travel on the same potholed roads and get stuck in traffic jams so if anyone thinks money is the solution its sadly not.
                    Originally posted by REDUMMY View Post
                    I love Mumbai, Mumbai used to be the best city in India during the 60, 70, 80 & some part of 90, its downfall started after 95 and its been going down and down. I was born and brought up in Mumbai, I am a Mumbaikar, I have seen Mumbai from a peaceful, loving city to becoming a very selfish city. I am in US now, I recently came to Mumbai for my vacation, but I cant belive, that Mumbai has become the costliest city in the world, Real estate is syrocketing, the prices at the malls for the goods are much costiler than in USA, it really puzzles me how the middle class is able to survive in Mumbai. This is not the same Mumbai where I grew up and have very fond memories, I sincerely hope that things get back to reality or normalcy very soon in Mumbai.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X