Dear Members,

Given the rising prices of properties in Mumbai the only affordable options seem to be properties beyond Dahisar, Thane and Navi Mumbai. We personally prefer purchasing a flat in a new construction rather than resale. Have been reading about a lot of development and projects coming up in Dombivili/Kalyan and well as Kharghar/Panvel areas. Since I have not been to these areas, would like to take the advice of my fellow IREF members which place would be a better option for us to invest in. We are living out of Mumbai currently, but plan to relocate back in 2-3 years’ time. The flat would be purchased with the intention for our use and our prime focus would be on family friendly locality with good schools/colleges nearby, continuous water/electricity supply and ease of access to all other parts of Mumbai. Any suggestions & information that would help narrow our search would be greatly appreciated.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Kharghar best place

Hey hi,
    Read ur post, would suggest you to buy a flat in kharghar . There are many underconstruction projects in KHarghar right now. Rate in Sector 10 is 4500 - 5,000 /sq ft whereas in Sector 35 its around 3000 - 3500 /sqft. I have seen both the sectors hence have an idea of the ongoing rates. Projects like BKS Galaxy / Hyde Park in Sec 35F & Shah Heights, Galaxy Nebula,Shelter Park, Hex City are in Sector 10 . Sector 10 is fully developed and have good malls like Little world mall on a walkable distance, ryan international school , markets, departmental stores etc. Kharghar station is 15-20 minutes from Sec 10. I feel Its better to opt for Kharghar.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by inpeaces
    Dear Members,

Have been reading about a lot of development and projects coming up in Dombivili/Kalyan and well as Kharghar/Panvel areas. Since I have not been to these areas, would like to take the advice of my fellow IREF members which place would be a better option for us to invest in. We are living out of Mumbai currently, but plan to relocate back in 2-3 years’ time. The flat would be purchased with the intention for our use and our prime focus would be on family friendly locality with good schools/colleges nearby, continuous water/electricity supply and ease of access to all other parts of Mumbai. Any suggestions & information that would help narrow our search would be greatly appreciated.

If you planning to move back to mumbai few years down the line, you may want to consider the kind of job/business that you will be taking up and where actually would you be commuting more. for eg. if you plan to go around BKC area for work, you may want to stay in Navi Mumbai or Vasai/Virrar, If you plan to work around Central Mumbai, then Dombivli-kalyan would be better. If you plan to travel by road then Navi Mumbai or Shil-Phat/Dombivli is better. So plan accordingly and also you will need to freeze on a budget to weigh your options. All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • kharghar, anyday.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by highrisemumbai
    If you planning to move back to mumbai few years down the line, you may want to consider the kind of job/business that you will be taking up and where actually would you be commuting more. for eg. if you plan to go around BKC area for work, you may want to stay in Navi Mumbai or Vasai/Virrar, If you plan to work around Central Mumbai, then Dombivli-kalyan would be better. If you plan to travel by road then Navi Mumbai or Shil-Phat/Dombivli is better. So plan accordingly and also you will need to freeze on a budget to weigh your options. All the best.

highrisemumbai... i will have to search for a job at the time of moving back, so at this time I cannot say where I may be working in the future hence on the lookout for an apartment from where I can travel to any part of Mumbai without having to change many modes of transport. Looking for an under construction project which will be ready in 2-3 years for us to move directly into.. Both Kharghar and Kalyan are attractive prospects. Will be in Mumbai for only a week next month, hence our need to narrow our focus to any one area in order to search & finalise a suitable apartment fitting our budget.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by esaque32
    Hey hi,
    Read ur post, would suggest you to buy a flat in kharghar . There are many underconstruction projects in KHarghar right now. Rate in Sector 10 is 4500 - 5,000 /sq ft whereas in Sector 35 its around 3000 - 3500 /sqft. I have seen both the sectors hence have an idea of the ongoing rates. Projects like BKS Galaxy / Hyde Park in Sec 35F & Shah Heights, Galaxy Nebula,Shelter Park, Hex City are in Sector 10 . Sector 10 is fully developed and have good malls like Little world mall on a walkable distance, ryan international school , markets, departmental stores etc. Kharghar station is 15-20 minutes from Sec 10. I feel Its better to opt for Kharghar.

esaque32.. thanks a lot .. Kharghar is a an attractive option and have seen some projects (on the internet) that are of interest to me. My worry is if the place has major load shedding problems and/or water shortage.. Dont want to be stuck in a beautiful flat without water/electricity. Also hows the infrastructure during the rains??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by inpeaces
    highrisemumbai... i will have to search for a job at the time of moving back, so at this time I cannot say where I may be working in the future hence on the lookout for an apartment from where I can travel to any part of Mumbai without having to change many modes of transport. Looking for an under construction project which will be ready in 2-3 years for us to move directly into.. Both Kharghar and Kalyan are attractive prospects. Will be in Mumbai for only a week next month, hence our need to narrow our focus to any one area in order to search & finalise a suitable apartment fitting our budget.

Thanks

In what industry are you in? for et. If financial then you may want to stick to Central Suburbs like Kalyan as most banking and finance companies are headquartered in BKC or South Mumbai so traveling from any part of Mumbai should not be a problem...If IT then it could actually be anywhere in Mumbai so a central location is better...What is your budget and what size of an apartment are you looking at?
    CommentQuote
  • Its Kharghar anytime. Take some time out n visit Kharghar... u will b in love with the place.

The only prob with Kharghar is transportation. If u hv ur own vehicle nothing like that... but auto n bus prob.. yes.. big time..

Be assured for everything else.

Cheers
    Rohan Ag.
    CommentQuote