It seems prices has started falling in Mumbai, many builders have started quoting less than what is being advertised, also many flats owners have reduced their prices to sell their flats as soon as possible before the price drops more, any first hand input welcome...:D
Read more
432 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by MrBean
    Very well said.. we as a common man also contribute to this,we invest in property only to double the money in 5 years!
    All of us want easy and quick money! :o
    corruption is also the same story sadly, how many us actually fight the corruption with in us!

I have not raised the rent of the apartment in pune ,that I have rented out,for the last 3 years. Nothing great to rave about , but my small bit against the crazy price trends! in most cases, due to ever increasing greed!

Sorry Mr Bean, then you like the real Mr Bean are really stupid. If inflation is 10%+ which means your expenses are growing - and will double every 7 years (yes 10% growth means doubling 7 years) then not increasing your rent and not increasing property prices is really dumb - you are hurting yourself and your family. Fact is inflation is very high - everybody thinks that the only investment that will beat inflation is property and so everyone jumps on the bandwagon and it becomes a vicious circle. But that is human nature and blaming anyone for it is fruitless.

Property prices are not a driver of inflation but actually the complete opposite - so you are not helping any body by getting 33% less rent than you should be entitled to - except your tenant.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shashankgujjar
    what is stopping us from forming a group and buying a piece of land of land anywhere in Mumbai and asking a architect or a promoter to build to our specifications , it is easier than you think but you and I know that is not going to be possible because some of us are not cut out for that kind of deal in fact you would be surprised how forth coming the BMC and collectors will be , that way you can control the cost and quality that is how Magarpatta city evolved , look it up

Nice idea.. should we try a second home project near Panvel or so? would be less costly to try... what you think? I'm in for such good ideas..!
    CommentQuote
  • And carrying on a little further - money doubling in 5 years implies a annual rate of only 15% - its NOT much to expect - 10%+ inflation means real return on investment is less than 5% a year - and its one of the few avenues ( apart from equity although it is deemed too risky) where an average person can make such returns.

I don't think doubling in 5 years is a big deal at all.

Originally Posted by ms98198
    Sorry Mr Bean, then you like the real Mr Bean are really stupid. If inflation is 10%+ which means your expenses are growing - and will double every 7 years (yes 10% growth means doubling 7 years) then not increasing your rent and not increasing property prices is really dumb - you are hurting yourself and your family. Fact is inflation is very high - everybody thinks that the only investment that will beat inflation is property and so everyone jumps on the bandwagon and it becomes a vicious circle. But that is human nature and blaming anyone for it is fruitless.

Property prices are not a driver of inflation but actually the complete opposite - so you are not helping any body by getting 33% less rent than you should be entitled to - except your tenant.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • I believed REDummy's bullshit....n dint invest for a year.....outcome I m a Looser....I found him saying in the beginning "Anything that goes up has to come down at certain point of time, Mumbai RE has reached its peak, common man cannot afford it anymore, how long can the builders hold on to vacant flats? I am 100% sure prices are going to fall and that too fall big time, before 2012 Mumbai housing sector is going to take a real beating. Think before investing now."

& finally asking "Does anyone know of any good plots going cheap in or around Mumbai? I would appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this."

So people try to portray that Mumbai prices are falling & disappear from the Forum...reading the shit I felt the prices are really going to fall....Now it has landed me in deep SHIT...that either " apna Pet kaat ke kharido...ya fir duniya ka sun ke CHU**YA bano....

Now I feel the local agents were correct....in 2009 prior elections they said...if u feel BJP is coming "don't invest". If congress comes back invest in the property.....which has come true....

some builder predicted to me in 2006 that if u book now....u'll make 200% BY 2012....Which is coming almost true....

I am not watching or reading this forum to know what is the best investment opportunity.....I am here to know where is the best place available..so I dnt have to pay rent which would had been half the EMI if i would have booked a flat as an investor...during 2007-2010.

Now its practically impossible for a common man to look into so called suburbs which was 3 yrs back...now as called in this forum suburbs are beyond 50 KM's from Mumbai...& at least 5 km's from the station for the common man.

So better don't continue the misleading post which fools a common man to buy a place to live, throughout his life.

Best regrets for Redummy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sailor
    I believed REDummy's bullshit....n dint invest for a year.....outcome I m a Looser....I found him saying in the beginning "Anything that goes up has to come down at certain point of time, Mumbai RE has reached its peak, common man cannot afford it anymore, how long can the builders hold on to vacant flats? I am 100% sure prices are going to fall and that too fall big time, before 2012 Mumbai housing sector is going to take a real beating. Think before investing now."

& finally asking "Does anyone know of any good plots going cheap in or around Mumbai? I would appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this."

So people try to portray that Mumbai prices are falling & disappear from the Forum...reading the shit I felt the prices are really going to fall....Now it has landed me in deep SHIT...that either " apna Pet kaat ke kharido...ya fir duniya ka sun ke CHU**YA bano....

Now I feel the local agents were correct....in 2009 prior elections they said...if u feel BJP is coming "don't invest". If congress comes back invest in the property.....which has come true....

some builder predicted to me in 2006 that if u book now....u'll make 200% BY 2012....Which is coming almost true....

I am not watching or reading this forum to know what is the best investment opportunity.....I am here to know where is the best place available..so I dnt have to pay rent which would had been half the EMI if i would have booked a flat as an investor...during 2007-2010.

Now its practically impossible for a common man to look into so called suburbs which was 3 yrs back...now as called in this forum suburbs are beyond 50 KM's from Mumbai...& at least 5 km's from the station for the common man.

So better don't continue the misleading post which fools a common man to buy a place to live, throughout his life.

Maybe thats why his name is RE-Dummy. well jokes apart, everyone is entitled to an opinion on a forum. Many people including me have believed that RE prices should fall or at least remain flat , but they have been increasing at least in the Andheri-Dahisar belt and there is frustration, due to variuos compulsions for buying, that now I will not even get what I would have 1 year ago.

however personal attacks are uncalled for and should be avoided.:bab (3):
    CommentQuote
  • What's the point in abusing someone else for your fault. Its your money and you have to decide what is good for you.

Originally Posted by sailor
    I believed REDummy's bullshit....n dint invest for a year.....outcome I m a Looser....I found him saying in the beginning "Anything that goes up has to come down at certain point of time, Mumbai RE has reached its peak, common man cannot afford it anymore, how long can the builders hold on to vacant flats? I am 100% sure prices are going to fall and that too fall big time, before 2012 Mumbai housing sector is going to take a real beating. Think before investing now."

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    What's the point in abusing someone else for your fault. Its your money and you have to decide what is good for you.

Spot On!! can't agree more with you :-)
    CommentQuote
  • RE is not a one year market, its a 20 yr market . All data points to the fact the sales have come down and directional rate of increase is also slowing
    from +50% rise a year it is done to +15-20% now
    Some of the builders have reduced their prices too or at least not increased.
    It is definately not going to happen that prices would fall 20-30% in a year so if one plans to live in a house, best time to invest is Now as one has limited life, may 20 yrs left to enjoy.
    Investors who invested last year are finding it tough to sell-off and get their money back so it is just paper profit

CommentQuote
  • Lets just flip it on its head

would you have come to this forum and thanked re-dummy if he would have been right and would have saved you tons of money , 2006 is 4 yrs back , did you have the same amount of money you have now or you would have taken a loan and would have been bamboozled by now because floating rate would have killed you ne ways .. like others said please do you own research and buy or sell or rent or own keeping this forum as a guide line

CommentQuote
  • There is a Panic among builders community about RE Pricefall due to increasing loan interest & Fund scarcity. But still some builders putting brave face and managing it. How long it will last no body knows.

If you have genuine requirement don't wait for a fall. Just buy it whenever you need it.
    CommentQuote
  • Blast effect in RE in Mumbai

I'm a emotional person and fully support victims of yesterday's blast.

But my query is on blast's effect on RE. Do you think it will effect RE price? Any experience from Nov blast? This is important for me to know because I'm about to close a deal this week as an investment in RE in Thane. I'm a small investor and it's all my hard earned money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sanjibpatra7
    I'm a emotional person and fully support victims of yesterday's blast.

But my query is on blast's effect on RE. Do you think it will effect RE price? Any experience from Nov blast? This is important for me to know because I'm about to close a deal this week as an investment in RE in Thane. I'm a small investor and it's all my hard earned money.

go ahead and close the deal......there will be NO effect......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rkv_hunter
    go ahead and close the deal......there will be NO effect......

Thanks. I also had some background check..... These things does not matter here.
    CommentQuote
  • I had a chat wid some broker friends yesterday; got to know from them that Oberoi Splendour is almost empty even though the possession has been given long back. Oberoi exqusite project has also been stalled as the new corporator is very strict and oberoi exqusite is one of illegal buildings.
    CommentQuote