It seems prices has started falling in Mumbai, many builders have started quoting less than what is being advertised, also many flats owners have reduced their prices to sell their flats as soon as possible before the price drops more, any first hand input welcome...:D
Read more
432 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hiranandani Rhodas enclave thane prices up

Originally Posted by ashishpune
    In the month of Jan 2010 Runwal was ready to offer at 7500 at RUnwal greens but I was hoping to see the price drop. I see that price has gone above 9500/-

I had enqiured at Indiabulls Panvel, and they changed prices every week by 500-750 rupees. Price went up by 20-20% and came down 5-9%.

in march2011 they were 7000rs /sq ft -now up to 8000rs /sq ft- they are expected raise further after 1 month -isnt it crazy
    CommentQuote
  • If you genuinely need a home and it is in your budget book it, all the fall in price predictions are speculative and not definitive, there has been numerous reports on fall in prices but on the contrary it has only increased.
    Also try to go for group bookings, that way you might get discounts and certain freebies which as an individual you might not.
    CommentQuote
  • The bottomline is that when most of us feel that prices have not (and will not) drop in the near term why are we still responding to this post. This gives the impression that prices are coming down which anyway is not the case. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Soaring realty ambitions belie rocky foundations | Reuters

Originally Posted by sreekys
    The bottomline is that when most of us feel that prices have not (and will not) drop in the near term why are we still responding to this post. This gives the impression that prices are coming down which anyway is not the case. :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashishpune
    What rate did you pay and floor rise for NIRMAL ?

Rate 8050 PSF less 2% broker discount and floor rise 36 PSF.
    CommentQuote
  • Its a great news....I wanted to invest some of my capital in mumbai real estate.
    CommentQuote

• This is from the developers mouth so no doubt prices are coming down and real estate is feeling the heat.
    CommentQuote
  • Three cheers to those who are waiting for prices to come down

http://www.moneycontrol.com/mccode/news/article/article_pdf.php?autono=627700#=0

Next 6-9 months is a good time to do some bargain shopping if you are looking for investment property in Mumbai
    CommentQuote
  • Some more articles talking about corrections:

More PE firms to exit realty sector in 2012
    More PE firms to exit realty sector in 2012

Realty firms to shun expansion, push sales to avoid cash crunch
    A 10-15% correction in prices and weeding out of firms that only added to competition is expected in 2012
    Realty firms to shun expansion, push sales to avoid cash crunch - Corporate News - livemint.com
    CommentQuote
  • Interesting read
    Delaying foreclosure: Borrowers keep homes without paying - Dec. 28, 2011

If this is happening in a developed country .. how can prices of flats in India be held so high? .. the math just does not add up
    CommentQuote
  • Sweetunaiyaji

Very good to see your post after long time.

I need your valuable advice.

For investment purpose, which is best option ( time frame 4-5 years +)

1. Mumbai ( if so , where..)
    2. Ahmedabad

3. Anywhere else

Please advice if plotted land attractive option is also available somewhere

Keenly awaiting your valued advice

Thanks
    _mayekar
    CommentQuote
  • cash is king

Originally Posted by mayekar
    sweetunaiyaji

very good to see your post after long time.

I need your valuable advice.

For investment purpose, which is best option ( time frame 4-5 years +)

1. Mumbai ( if so , where..)
    2. Ahmedabad

3. Anywhere else

please advice if plotted land attractive option is also available somewhere

keenly awaiting your valued advice

thanks
    _mayekar
    CommentQuote
  • Don't buy anything in Ahmedabad. Guj state election is in Dec 2012 and money will be spend on elections instead of RE projects.

Gujarat future growth lies in 2014 election results. If Namo is a future PM candidate than Gujarat is out of growth cycle. Keshubhai Patel or any other can't replace modi's governance model.

If Modi stays in Guj, you can think of buying in 2014.
    CommentQuote
  • that applies to any property in mumbai

Originally Posted by sweetunaiya
    cash is king

that applies to any property in mumbai , but how much of a discount is being offered that is the question
    CommentQuote
  • recently heard of a resale price in bandra(w) slashed from 45k per sq/ft to 30k per sq/ft. FII's involved in the stock market are exiting their leases as the india story grinds to a halt. many flats in the 2L/month rate are vacant and owners want to sell
    CommentQuote