It seems prices has started falling in Mumbai, many builders have started quoting less than what is being advertised, also many flats owners have reduced their prices to sell their flats as soon as possible before the price drops more, any first hand input welcome...:D
Read more
432 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Sweetunaiyaji,

Thank you very much for your advice.

In 2010, I invested in Hinjewadi in Pune , which was good as it has shown appreciation.
    At the same time , i made several trips to Mumbai , specially navi mumbai but inspite of searching hard , could not get anything attractive.

Missed IB real estate at 2200( then learnt the RTI ) or later as i learnt on this forum Hiranandani @panvel.

Mumbai seems out of bounds now.

Being from Kolkata, now i am left with looking with option here , but appreciation is not much in this city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shashankgujjar
    that applies to any property in mumbai , but how much of a discount is being offered that is the question

Long term investors don't look for discount. They look for best deal at right price and right time.

"Cash is King" was for investors and not for home buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mayekar
    Sweetunaiyaji,

Thank you very much for your advice.

In 2010, I invested in Hinjewadi in Pune , which was good as it has shown appreciation.
    At the same time , i made several trips to Mumbai , specially navi mumbai but inspite of searching hard , could not get anything attractive.

Missed IB real estate at 2200( then learnt the RTI ) or later as i learnt on this forum Hiranandani @panvel.

Mumbai seems out of bounds now.

Being from Kolkata, now i am left with looking with option here , but appreciation is not much in this city.

I don't know how many times I wrote that IB is not a good project for investment. Finally, I gave up and let the people decide by themselves.

Hiranandani Panvel is an investment for high risk and affluent investors. If you fall in this category than you can invest at this stage also.

And one thing I don't understand is if you are from Kolkata than why are you buying in pune or navi mumbai.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sweetunaiya
    And one thing I don't understand is if you are from Kolkata than why are you buying in pune or navi mumbai.

Due to Mamta Didi pro-poor, there is no appreciation of property in Bengal & all industries are running out from W. Bengal. So make money here, simple. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Hiranandani Panvel-- is not even Hiranandani -- It is part of HIRCO

Originally Posted by sweetunaiya
    I don't know how many times I wrote that IB is not a good project for investment. Finally, I gave up and let the people decide by themselves.

Hiranandani Panvel is an investment for high risk and affluent investors. If you fall in this category than you can invest at this stage also.

Hiranandani Panvel-- is not even Hiranandani -- It is part of HIRCO but I guess sweetieji knew about this already but this is for people all mango people
    CommentQuote
  • RE prices already started falling

:)The real estate prices have started falling in june 2012 . RE prices in Ulwe and kharghar are nearly 10% down and exopected to be down by 30-40% in next 6 month. After the RBI policy , getting a bank loan is tougher and builders are totally bankrupt paying high interests.. so wait for 3-4 months , u will get the real price of 2008
    CommentQuote
  • On Dainik Jagaran, 20th June 2012
    नई दिल्ली। दिल्ली, मुंबई जैसे बड़े शहरों में प्रॉपर्टी की कीमतों में जबरदस्त गिरावट देखने को मिल रही है। होमलोन की ऊंची ब्याज दर होने की वजह से बाजार से खरीददार गायब हैं। रही सही कसर इस हफ्ते रिजर्व बैंक ने होमलोन की ब्याज दरों को यथावत रखकर कर दी है। इससे रियल एस्टेट के कारोबार में और गिरावट आने की संभावना है।
    रियल एस्टेट में भारी-भरकम निवेश करने वाली कंपनियां खरीददार और बैंकों से लोन नहीं मिलने के कारण परेशान हैं। इसके चलते कई कंपनियों ने ग्राहकों को लुभाने के लिए प्रॉपर्टी के दामों में कमी की घोषणा की है। इसके साथ वे ग्राहकों को कई अन्य सुविधाएं उपलब्ध करवाने के वादे भी कर रही हैं।
    सूत्रों के अनुसार दिल्ली में बड़े-बड़े बिल्डर ग्राहकों को लुभाने के लिए प्रॉपर्टी के दामों में भारी छूट देने की घोषणा कर रहे हैं। दिल्ली में लगभग 5 लाख तैयार मकानों के लिए खरीददार उपलब्ध नहीं है। वहीं, मुंबई के मलाड-गोरेगांव में प्रॉपर्टी की बिक्री नाममात्र की रह गई है। ओंकार रियल्टर्स को अपनेमलाड प्रोजेक्ट के लिए ग्राहक ही नहीं मिल रहे हैं। उधर, डीबी रियल्टी ने अपने गोरेगांव स्थित प्रोजेक्ट में ग्राहकों की आकर्षित करने के लिए दामों में कटौती करते हुए प्रॉपर्टी की कीमत 12 हजार रुपये वर्गफीट कर दी है।
    प्रॉपर्टी में खरीददारों की रुचि न होने के पीछे होमलोन की भारी भरकम ब्याज दरें हैं। इस महंगाई के दौर में जिसको चुका पाने में मध्यम वर्ग असमर्थ-सा होता जा रहा है। इस समय आईसीआईसीआई बैंक, एसबीआई और एचडीएफसी की होमलोन पर ब्याज दर 10.5 फीसदी है। जिसका सीधा-सीधा असर ग्राहक की जेब पर हो रहा है।
    CommentQuote
  • Prices will come down

There are huge number of vaccant flats in Kharghar , kamothe, Panvel. It is nearly 60-70% in Kharghar. All are with investors. greedy investor. they demand atleast 30% in black.
    dont worry .. soon the prices will come down....to 2008-09 level...
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you.

Yes, i came to know about the flip side to IB panvel through posts on this forum and also the RTI which you did showing it is possibly near the airport funnel.

Rajarhat, the most promising area in Kolkata has shown very modest appreciation in the past 4-5 years.A lot of political and economic promises need to be executed before seeing real appreciation in prices.

While investing where you reside has its advantages that one can put it out on rent, rental yields in this city are now also at par with other cities in India at 0.5%. Before 2006,Kolkata boasted of rental yields of 1% of capital value.This combination of high yield and basic appreciation made it more lucrative compared to Mumbai,Pune.But that is no longer the case.

As of now and since some time,there are NO SAFE plotted land investment options in Kolkata. Are there any ones around Mumbai-Pune region?

Which city/area should i focus my time on researching/studying which looks most promising/potential in the coming years?
    CommentQuote
  • what areas or projects would you recommend for investment with a 5 year horizon

Originally Posted by sweetunaiya

CommentQuote
  • Not possible.. many of the benami properties will go back to these politicians.. That is reason prices are soft during elections.. They need money and liquidate at whatever prices..

Originally Posted by Anu2010
    Hoarding of Residential flats should be strictly curbed by Govt.,........ lots of BLACK MONEY is parked... in this sector....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dougnet
    Hiranandani Panvel-- is not even Hiranandani -- It is part of HIRCO but I guess sweetieji knew about this already but this is for people all mango people

Thanks for correcting me. Also it is a lease property and not owned by buyer. So, Investor please pay attention to minute details and read agreement wisely with the help of lawyer before making down payment.

I am again repeating what I said earlier on HIRCO thread -
    It is for high risk and affluent investor.
    You wont see appreciation for next 10 yrs until roads, township and future airport is ready
    Rasayani is a risky area with the history of idustrial area
    mostly people buying are purely investors and no one is looking forward to live there until businesses are setup in township.
    mostly people buying are purely investors and no one is looking forward to live there until businesses are setup in township.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sharpj
    Not possible.. many of the benami properties will go back to these politicians.. That is reason prices are soft during elections.. They need money and liquidate at whatever prices..

Finally, some sensible advise. 2014 election will bring liquidity issue and bring RE price down.
    All those who are thinking of investing pls think about long term and not what happen after 2 yrs.

RE prices are correcting and poor election results will create more problem.

You can get easily 10% interest on bank FD these days. so do you tax, capital gains calculation properly.
    CommentQuote
  • I filed my IB RTI before 2 yrs and not sure how come you know about it.

Any sensible person would not like to invest in West Bengal given political scenarios. There is no growth or planned road map. State is bankrupt

You look like an investor to me -

Few questions -
    1. Are you looking for property price appreciation or regular rental income?
    2. Are you investing with full cash or using bank loans?
    3. If you plan to sell in <3 yrs than taxes are higher
    4. What is motivating you to invest in RE instead of FD, MFs, debentures etc?
    5. never ever invest in land. Why? - I posted why in some other thread. You need to search my posting.

Originally Posted by mayekar
    Thank you.

Yes, i came to know about the flip side to IB panvel through posts on this forum and also the RTI which you did showing it is possibly near the airport funnel.

Rajarhat, the most promising area in Kolkata has shown very modest appreciation in the past 4-5 years.A lot of political and economic promises need to be executed before seeing real appreciation in prices.

While investing where you reside has its advantages that one can put it out on rent, rental yields in this city are now also at par with other cities in India at 0.5%. Before 2006,Kolkata boasted of rental yields of 1% of capital value.This combination of high yield and basic appreciation made it more lucrative compared to Mumbai,Pune.But that is no longer the case.

As of now and since some time,there are NO SAFE plotted land investment options in Kolkata. Are there any ones around Mumbai-Pune region?

Which city/area should i focus my time on researching/studying which looks most promising/potential in the coming years?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bazoomistry
    what areas or projects would you recommend for investment with a 5 year horizon

I suggested few projects on this forum and beaten up badly. People accused me of being biased, derrogatories comment towards female, RE agent, loan agent and what not.

Indiabulls is one of the example where I urged people not to invest.

I stopped giving personal recommendation on projects.
    CommentQuote