Collapse

Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Last updated: November 4 2015
449 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Got an offer today from one of the investors of DB realty, goregaon project. Offering a 4 bhk flat at Rs.7000 on 30th floor. Offer Seems lucrative but very very risky. what do you think guys?

Comment

not a good idea -- unless it is ready possession

not a good idea -- unless it is ready possession

Comment

DB exposure

Originally posted by ankilsanghvi View Post
        Got an offer today from one of the investors of DB realty, goregaon project. Offering a 4 bhk flat at Rs.7000 on 30th floor. Offer Seems lucrative but very very risky. what do you think guys?
        If you really want exposure to DB's propsect - you can buy DB shares. Here the assumption is that if DB can outlive the crisis - the project will be completed and share price will also increase.

Now the price increase in DB property and share may not be equivalent. Also if DB sells developement rights for this property - property will make more money than stock investment.

Comment

Indeed it's a risk but investigate and make it a calculated risk. Find a partner(s) and buy it as an investment so the impact can be lowered. Invest only what you can easily hold for next 4-5 years. I would have gone for it but since I already bought my flat last week, dont have any money left.

One thing is sure. You can not make money without risks. Risk is everywhere, in all transactions. It all depends on how much you can afford and upto what extent(timeline).

Comment

Risk taking is an individuals ability to ride the risk. This does not seem to be risk but more likely it would occur..
            There is no point in waiting for 10 years for your flat.. and who knows whether it will be completed.. and is it the right amount..
            It is all subjective.. and if the situation persists.. you might have the flat available for 6000 psf.. and no bank will be ready to put in money into DB and investors might not bring in fresh capital.. it is a very troubled couple of years for DB realty..

If you are not bothered about your money for 10- 15 years.. maybe you can get in.. but my reading is there will be better deals available.. Life is not so easy going forward for the builder community..

Originally posted by Newcomer View Post
            Indeed it's a risk but investigate and make it a calculated risk. Find a partner(s) and buy it as an investment so the impact can be lowered. Invest only what you can easily hold for next 4-5 years. I would have gone for it but since I already bought my flat last week, dont have any money left.

One thing is sure. You can not make money without risks. Risk is everywhere, in all transactions. It all depends on how much you can afford and upto what extent(timeline).

Comment

Do you really need to?

You need to ask them if they will provide the following ...

1. A safety net at the 1st floor.

2. A safety net (of a different kind) in case ...

- Balwa's situation goes from bad to worse & Co goes down the tube halfway down the project

- against interest rate hikes & price hikes later

Is this a great deal?

If not, apart from looking at other projects, why not just wait for the correction & perhaps buy the same at 6000 later when you have more cash & flat is closer to delivery!!!

cheers

Comment

Early Signs?

On the discussion subject, ****** is offering Neptune 100 (Bhandup W) at 500 psf discount, this from the image (which is of Neptune 100 above) they have used, they havent mentioned the project details though.

Are these early signs of corrections by the B Class builders first or the project was anyways over priced at 7371/-??

Comment

ankilsanghvi;199575]Got an offer today from one of the investors of DB realty, goregaon project. Offering a 4 bhk flat at Rs.7000 on 30th floor. Offer Seems lucrative but very very risky. what do you think guys?[/QUOTE]

Hi Ankil, I would go for the DB Orchid Woods 7k. The structure is ready and bank funded so i don't foresee Shahid Balwa's recent stint with the CBI as a deterrent. If you are not progressing with it then send me the inverstors deatils as a PM and i will pick it up.

GD

Comment

ur paying 7,000 for an attached CBI property. I wouldnt even pay 100 rupees for it

Comment

Hi,

I believe there is a "transfer fee" if the investor sells within the lock in period. Apparently it is 100% of the transaction price. So if u pay 7000 psf for the flat, u'll have to pay a similar amount to the builder (DB Reality) as transfer fee. Unless u pay, the builder will not hand over the possession.

The above clause is put in the agreement with pre launch investors so that they dont end up selling flats at lower then builder rates or even before builder exhausts his own inventory

PLease check whether the "transfer fee" concept is applicable for this investor. If yes, please confirm who will bear it.

Do post the response you get for us to know

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X