Collapse

Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Last updated: April 4 2021
450 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Well why don't you try to get property in central line instead. Wadala, Sewri etc. or may be andheri will keep you abreast to the city as well besides saving on some cash. Bandra, Juhu, Versova are very very expensive now a days for ready possession property.

Comment

Originally posted by saggii View Post
      Well why don't you try to get property in central line instead. Wadala, Sewri etc. or may be andheri will keep you abreast to the city as well besides saving on some cash. Bandra, Juhu, Versova are very very expensive now a days for ready possession property.

Nah man, those areas are too crowded and chaotic for my 70+ parents to handle. Besides one would think have a budget of 2.5 cr would get you something decent in the earlier areas.

Comment

Originally posted by itushar View Post
        Prices have started to come down, yesterday received a mail from Orbit Corporation where I enquired about 3 months back. They were not even ready to talk about any discount, now they have mailed about a festive discount.
        Hi Tushar, Even I had a similar experience with Orbit for their Orbit Residency Andheri east project. They were not ready to talk on any discount.I have also received an email from them for festive season discount. But the funny thing is that if you take out festive discount from latest BSP the discounted price will be same which they used to quote 2-3 month back. So, where is the price drop??

Finaly I baught in Mulund west - Nirmal Life Style Turquoise.
        Last edited September 27 2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Funny nobody told me that "Real estate valuations are falling to new lows in India's biggest real estate market — Mumbai"

Real estate valuations fall to new lows in Mumbai; Alok Realtors may sell Lower Parel property at a loss - Economic Times

Comment

current rate at kalpataru aura

Hi All

We need to finalize our flat at kalpataru aura and are in teh negotiation phase. Can anyone please share the latest rate at which they are selling/going up to.

Send me a private message. Any suggestion will be of great help.

Regards
            Keerty

Comment

Precisely what will happen...a drop of 10% from an increased price of 30% over the last 9-12 months.

Originally posted by Agastya07 View Post
              Hi Tushar, Even I had a similar experience with Orbit for their Orbit Residency Andheri east project. They were not ready to talk on any discount.I have also received an email from them for festive season discount. But the funny thing is that if you take out festive discount from latest BSP the discounted price will be same which they used to quote 2-3 month back. So, where is the price drop??

Finaly I baught in Mulund west - Nirmal Life Style Turquoise.

Comment

Originally posted by Manoj420 View Post
                Umm not sure now... We have been living on Carter Road (Bandra) for over 35 years. Plus my Dad has been living in Bandra before his marriage. I wouldn't want to move them to an unfamiliar place at this age. Plus, wanted to buy in an area that will give me easy liquidity when I decide to sell in the future.

So was looking at Bandra (E and W), Khar, SantaCruz (W and some parts of E). But everything here is so over-priced. You are getting 30-40 year old buildings with 600 sqft carpet for over 2.5 cr. Our last place was 850 sq ft carpet. Makes no sense that we move to a smaller place and have little money saved from this transaction.

So yes, not sure what area to get into now.
                we were in a similar situation 3 years back, my parents had stayed in Bandra (w) -turner road for more than 30years...when our building was sold to a developer we were wondering where to go...but as u said bandra, khar or santacruz areas were way to expensive.We finally moved to Shivaji park , there are a lot of good buildings some 15-20years old and the prices are not as high compared to Bandra/Khar/Santacruz.Also try Matunga area more cheaper than Shivaji Park

Comment

This will never happen in India?? any comments?

News Headlines

Comment

It Happens only in India

Property prices are heading in only one direction ..Thats up.....
                    last year in jan i failed to book a 2bhk in thane at kolsht road thane thinkin its way too inside ..It would have cost me 40 lakhs inclusive every thing and today is being sold at 63 lakhs including everythin....what a jump. Anywaz one thing ive noticed as slowly and steadly investors have realised tht now its peak time and hence offloading thier stuff at a discount ..theek hain ..

Comment

What rate did you pay and floor rise for NIRMAL ?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X