Collapse

Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Last updated: November 4 2015
449 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Mumbai Real Estate Prices Started Falling

Rentals in metros are not to be compared as yield against the market value of the asset. Rentals are used as income to keep pace with inflation and that is what it is. At max rentals also act as compensation for maintenance, minor repairs, small expenses etc., to keep the cost of acquisition under control.

Comment

Originally posted by rsrsin View Post
      Rentals in metros are not to be compared as yield against the market value of the asset. Rentals are used as income to keep pace with inflation and that is what it is. At max rentals also act as compensation for maintenance, minor repairs, small expenses etc., to keep the cost of acquisition under control.
      I am not doing anything of the sort. I am just comparing rental yields over the last few years. Gross rental yields have become half; net rental yields have probably become one third.

Comment

Originally posted by nirmesh View Post
        I am not doing anything of the sort. I am just comparing rental yields over the last few years. Gross rental yields have become half; net rental yields have probably become one third.
        I understand and my point to share was that rental as yield to compare now with earlier itself does not seem like a indicator for measuring anything. Rental is high liquid locales are still strong atleast in Mumbai. Cities like Chennai are still not fully moved to the apartment concept so rental uptake is low and at lower amounts

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X