X
Collapse

Guidance needed in shortlisting Khargar projects and dealing with black money

Last updated: June 13 2012
33 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Guidance needed in shortlisting Khargar projects and dealing with black money

I am hearing since Y2008 (sub-prime crisis) that Mumbai RE proces will crash, come down etc etc - actually nothing of that has happened so far (June 2012).

In fact, in Y2010, Mumbai RE prices went-up - in some locations proces shot-up by 40% also.

Mark my words, not many new projects were lauched in Y2011-2012 - so in y2012-2014 - the prices will shoot-up once again for projects nearing completion.

If the suppy dries-up or is negligible than the final product will appreciate and if product is house than definately it will.

See no signals of Mumbai RE prices coming down in near future.
    (actually if the prices remain steady means a big thing in Mumbai RE sector)

Comment

Re : Guidance needed in shortlisting Khargar projects and dealing with black money

Originally posted by Sharpj View Post
      Ha Ha..

There are plenty in the Pune forum who do not think so.
      PHP Code:
      Problem with Mumbai is lack of supply and the city cannot grow as it is a peninsula.. 
      but the same cannot be said about Pune.. It has land and the outskirts will expand.. so what you think today as outskirts will come into the city limits..
      I do not think you can make anything by the way of rentals.. Just hope for capital appreciation .. It is a bet
      I agree with Sharpj.
      Pune has lot of Land bank,as compared to Mumbai.
      Also, International airport Panvel{Which is 2 hrs from Pune},and 2nd airport nearby Many buyers/investors u shall find who have horizon for 4-5-9 years from now on for them a s investors or end users.
      I think U may Say CASH is KING Now, provided u have ur own house & have stable Job,but over a period of time the one who has 10 laks, now after 9 years value of 10 laks is negligible.So better if u need INVEST in order to gain at later stage..
      savvy-V

Comment

My two cents to a fellow NRI invest in property that you can take Possession or is near complete saves you the hassel of dealing with the infamous mafia.
        Its not worth the stuff and I have friends in Sydney that have had to deal with stuff like this and it causes so much tension.

The time to invest is when you are comfortable and research by flying down and seeing it for yourself, trust me its worth the hassle and extra cost. String a few public holidays etc and you can make a flying visit. Also the flights cost a fraction of your overall investment and you know where you stand.

Personally premium areas in Mumbai will never ever depreciate but will stay stagnant and once the economy rebounds RE will bounce back and shoot up.

Mumbai would be my pick but again but I am skeptical about Navi Mumbai as I know people that have sold the "Navi Mumbai is the next big thing" craze to people and have made tons of money.

Black is a no no once again, the IRS, ATO or somebody will get you eventually.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by simsagar View Post
          I am hearing since Y2008 (sub-prime crisis) that Mumbai RE proces will crash, come down etc etc - actually nothing of that has happened so far (June 2012).

In fact, in Y2010, Mumbai RE prices went-up - in some locations proces shot-up by 40% also.

Mark my words, not many new projects were lauched in Y2011-2012 - so in y2012-2014 - the prices will shoot-up once again for projects nearing completion.

If the suppy dries-up or is negligible than the final product will appreciate and if product is house than definately it will.

See no signals of Mumbai RE prices coming down in near future.
          (actually if the prices remain steady means a big thing in Mumbai RE sector)
          Agree with you Simsagar. Have been reading various articles in print that prices will fall, but they have only headed north. I see the number of people getting interested in buying property only increasing, and with current incomes, many can afford apartments costing 1 cr.+

Another guess is that with BMC charging premium for open areas in the flat, properties will look like boxes (seen suburbs of London, US etc.?) while applicable cost for luxurious apartments will go up if the apartment has open areas.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X