It would be good if you all can share your views on the comparison between Chandivali and Kanjurmarg as a place to stay, considering connectivity, new constructions, presence of good builders, overall lifestyle elements, amenities, schools, etc.

Had posted this earlier as a part of another thread, but didnt get much out of it, hence created an independent thread for this.

Thanks.:bab (55):
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Let me attempt answering...

It is not a right question.. depends on what works for you.. Kanjurmarg is upcoming while Chandivil has already been kind of developed because of its proximity to Andheri and Powai..

Currently Chandivili would be better than Kanjurmarg, but it is changing.. as Chandivil is quite congested.. whereas Kanjurmarg with its proximity to Eastern express highway should be okay..

There is a huge garbage landfill proposed at Kanjurmarg and as long as you are not closeby.. it should be fine..

Prices have run up everywhere though Kanjurmarg should be cheaper than Chandivili..

Originally Posted by aarem7
    It would be good if you all can share your views on the comparison between Chandivali and Kanjurmarg as a place to stay, considering connectivity, new constructions, presence of good builders, overall lifestyle elements, amenities, schools, etc.

Had posted this earlier as a part of another thread, but didnt get much out of it, hence created an independent thread for this.

CommentQuote
  • kanjurmarg option

Chandivili has no further scope for development whereas kanjur has. Als prices would be cheaper in kanjur and potentila for price appreciation is more practical at Kanjur compared to chandivili
    CommentQuote
  • Buy what you can afford and if the area is convenient with regards to work school etc. In my opinion buying for potential appreciation is meaningless and not exactly a bright idea

Originally Posted by neel2000
    Chandivili has no further scope for development whereas kanjur has. Als prices would be cheaper in kanjur and potentila for price appreciation is more practical at Kanjur compared to chandivili
    CommentQuote
  • chandvli is a very small area.
    its a locality mix of v old industries and new buildings. except proximity to powai it has no charm.

with the biggest office complex called boomerang coming there its going to be a traffic nightmare.

kanjur will be a better choice in many ways including transportation

Originally Posted by aarem7

CommentQuote
  • Projects

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I am aware of most of the new projects in Chandivali, very limited though.

Would it be possible for someone to share the list of current and upcoming projects in Kanjurmarg?

It would be good to do a project vs project comparison for the 2 areas.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • kanjur projects

there are quite a few coming up in East side including Lodha but Lodha is too highy priced and am wary about their possession.

Are u looking at an under construction or ready possession project. Since the RE market is so dicey, i am personally a bit skeptical about under construction projects as regards timely possession.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neel2000
    there are quite a few coming up in East side including Lodha but Lodha is too highy priced and am wary about their possession.

Are u looking at an under construction or ready possession project. Since the RE market is so dicey, i am personally a bit skeptical about under construction projects as regards timely possession.

i am open to both, underconstruction or ready possession.

i am also awaiting the hopefull correction and will probably wait untill Apr-May for year end results, credit roll over, etc which may have an impact on the liquidity, share price, etc of the builders which may develop some sort of pressure on them to reduce the prices. All this might be wishful thinking in the end but no harm in waiting for a few months before putting in your hard earned Money.

I wanted to analyse the available options prior to that and was looking at these 2 areas, hence the post.
    CommentQuote