Collapse

US Open by Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund, Mumbai

Last updated: October 27 2019
600 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : US Open by Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund, Mumbai

Recent Update from Nirmal regarding US Open via e-mail.....

"i would like to inform you that we have already started the digging work, agreement in October (post monsoon). Centre court launching on 27th of this month. (June)."

Comment

Hi,
      yesetrday I have recevied an email from Nirmal accounts team stating that the purchaser has to pay the service tax (3.09%) by 20th Aug. I am wondering that there is no service from Nirmal and consrtuction has not started yet (yes, the digging work has stapped too) and they are still demanding teh service tax? Is there anyone who has the same email by email and paid it though? I am confused what to do in this case? There is no news when they will start the registartion process too?
      I think all of us shoudl gather and sort out throug the discussion.

Please do reply your expericnes so everyone would be updated about.

Thanks...

Comment

@MASTERINVEST, are you from CRM - Nirmal? Coudl you please let us know whats the progress of construction? The account team told me that it will start after rain season and you have mentioned that its started. And about agrrements are you sure it will be after october?
        Will appreciate your advise.

Comment

Originally posted by harshadsp View Post
          Hi,
          yesetrday I have recevied an email from Nirmal accounts team stating that the purchaser has to pay the service tax (3.09%) by 20th Aug. I am wondering that there is no service from Nirmal and consrtuction has not started yet (yes, the digging work has stapped too) and they are still demanding teh service tax? Is there anyone who has the same email by email and paid it though? I am confused what to do in this case? There is no news when they will start the registartion process too?
          I think all of us shoudl gather and sort out throug the discussion.

Please do reply your expericnes so everyone would be updated about.

Thanks...
          Service Tax is payable along with each payment made towards booking or purchase price. Builder may take a separate cheque for service tax 3.09% or indicate amount in his demand letter. This is as per Service Tax Act / rules. You can check if the builder's group company, developing the project has a valid service tax registration number.

Service Tax Department does not wait till the project is complete. VAT would be first payable on registration, and thereafter on subsequent payments.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeKaay View Post
            Service Tax is payable along with each payment made towards booking or purchase price. Builder may take a separate cheque for service tax 3.09% or indicate amount in his demand letter. This is as per Service Tax Act / rules. You can check if the builder's group company, developing the project has a valid service tax registration number.

Service Tax Department does not wait till the project is complete. VAT would be first payable on registration, and thereafter on subsequent payments.
            thanks for your response @GeeKay. So even if builder has not started the actual construction, do we still need to pay the service tax on whatever amount has been paid by us? There is neither any kind of work started nor any agreement/registration has been done by builder? Still we need to pay server tax even though there is no "Service" from builder side?
            Please advise.

Comment

As far as knowledge, the service tax would be paid as per the development of slabs when we make the payment as per development of project. Suppose I paid half the amount of total cost, in this case, do I need to pay full service tax on total amount or on what I have paid till date and pay the rest as per builders demand (of course, based on actual development). Please advise...

Comment

As far as knowledge, the service tax would be paid as per the development of slabs when we make the payment as per development of project. Suppose I paid half the amount of total cost, in this case, do I need to pay full service tax on total amount or on what I have paid till date and pay the rest as per builders demand (of course, based on actual development). Please advise...
                With respect to under-construction projects, Service Tax is payable at earlier of (i) date of issue of invoice / date of completion of provision of service; or (ii) date of receipt of payment.

Builder charge service tax at time of issue of demand letter or receipt of advance payment. Service Tax is payable 3.09% for most of the flats. For flats above 2000 sq. feet or costing Rs. 1 Crore and above, it is 3.71%

If you have paid half of the dues, service tax is payable on the amount paid at above rates. Builders sometime act smart and try to charge extra to cover any interest / penalty charged to them by Service Tax dept.

Comment

I really appreciate your prompt response. Could you please advise if I need to pay the service tax at this moment where builder has not started any work and asking for service tax? Or I can say to builder that I will pay the tax when my house's slab will be completed or at least start some kind of work? Its really burden that builder has not started anything and just asking more money from us.
                  Please advise.

Comment

Hi,

I was recently told by my agent that Nirmal has changed the layout of Center Court in US Open. Initially they sold it as premium property for Center Court as 4/5 BHK but now the plan is to change it to 2/3 BHK and are giving option of combining adjacent flats. This will impact the layout. This is not correct way without any alignment from people who have already purchased flats based on premium property. Did anyone get the same message?
                    Please let me know.

Comment

I really appreciate your prompt response. Could you please advise if I need to pay the service tax at this moment where builder has not started any work and asking for service tax? Or I can say to builder that I will pay the tax when my house's slab will be completed or at least start some kind of work? Its really burden that builder has not started anything and just asking more money from us.
                      Please advise.
                      For under-construction projects, service tax has to be paid at the time of payment, irrespective of project status . It may seem unfair if the project has got delayed, and we have to pay service tax, but legally the position is as mentioned in my earlier post.

You will have to pay service tax as per builder's demand letter by 20th aug. If you take a stand that it will be paid when the house's slab will be completed or some kind of work starts, builder may after some time send you an additional demand for interest and / or penalty for delayed payment of service tax.

You can at the most ask for verification of his service tax number. You cannot ask for his service tax return or service tax deposit challan, to verify if the tax has been deposited. It is their responsibility. Just like we do not ask any FMCG or automobile company if they have paid the excise duty or VAT on the product that we buy.

They can provide you a stamped receipt with their service tax number, for the tax amount you paid.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X