Collapse

US Open by Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund, Mumbai

Last updated: October 27 2019
600 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : US Open by Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund, Mumbai

There is already an watsapp group for usopen in dat we hav 45 to 50 members... i u want 2 join go through all post in forum u ill get e id on dat u can mail ur cntct no along with name and details.
    Last edited October 8 2015, 05:25 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Hi josephc;

Yes you need to deduct TDS before making payment to the builder. They (Nirmal) have a nice pdf presentation on how to pay TDS online via net banking. Once payment is made, you need to share the e-challan with the accounts team at nirmal and they shall adjust your account with the same. Please note, builder will not suo motu inform you of the obligation to pay TDS since the Tax Laws clearly states that it is the responsibility of the payer to deduct TDS before making payment. Hence, if you have not done it yet, you need to adjust all prior unpaid TDS from your next payment.
      Last edited October 11 2015, 10:34 AM. Reason: user tag

Comment

masterinvest; can you please tell me which TDS are you talking about?
        Is it during stamp duty and registration?
        Last edited October 12 2015, 12:18 AM. Reason: user tag

Comment

TDS has nothing to do with stamp duty or registration. 1% TDS from each installment (excluding service tax) has to be deducted by every buyer of property and deposited to tax dept using form 26qb. The onus of deduction is on the buyer. This is applicable for any property valued above 50 lakh and for all payments made after 1st June 2013.

Comment

thanks ajayrnair;. i had no clue about this.
            just to clarify...in other words we pay 1% less (of each installment-excluding ST) to nirmal? am i correct?

Nirmal guys never told me about this
            Last edited October 12 2015, 08:42 AM. Reason: user tagging

Comment

Yes, you then pay 1% less to Nirmal of each installment excluding - service tax.

Comment

Don't expect them to come clean on this because it is their money that you will be deducting and it will be their head ache to claim refund from the tax dept. The rule explained by @ajaynair is spot on. Since I understand from your post that you have not made any deduction towards TDS while making the progress payment, I would urge you to do a lump sum deduction from the next payment call to include deduction for current as well as prior payment made so far. The online process is pretty straightforward and should not take much time. Alternatively, you can also consult your CA.

Nirmal does have a pdf presentation on the online process which they will share with you.

Comment

thank you so much ajayrnair; and masterinvest; for this info
                  Last edited October 12 2015, 03:01 PM. Reason: user tag

Comment

Yes. I observed, the demand letter for Gamepoint are not with correct numbers. I too am following up with them to get it sorted

Comment

I received demand letter for Gamepoint for the Podium 2 slab. Has anyone received anything similar??

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X