Last updated: October 27 2019
600 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : US Open by Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund, Mumbai

Originally posted by yogeshraja View Post
    Nirmal Lifestyle asked to cough up interest for delayed possession

In a first, city's real estate developer Nirmal Lifestyle will have to pay interest to a homebuyer for delaying possession. Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) recently passed an order in this regard. If the current interest rate plus 2 per cent is taken into account, the developer will have to pay an interest of around 10.25 per cent to the homebuyer.

The complainant, Ravi Nair, had filed a complaint and claimed an interest from the developer for delaying the possession of its residential project located in Kalyan.

Nair had purchased the flat and registered the agreement on February 2013. He had also paid Rs 22.09 lakh for the same. As per the agreement, the date of possession was June 2016 with a grace period of six months. However, the developer has failed to hand over the flat till date to Nair...

The developer replied to the authority that he is ready to settle the matter amicably but the complainant refused this offer.

Post which, the authority passed an order stating, “It is clear that the possession of the flat has been delayed in this case. Hence, the respondent is directed to lag an interest equal to State Bank of India's highest Marginal Cost of Lending Rate plus 2 per cent as prescribed in rule 18 of MahaRERA, from May 2017 till the date of possession.”

The developer has been asked to pay the interest within a period of 30 days from the date on which such interest becomes due and payable to the complainant. The builder also has to submit the compliance report to the authority within 30 days from the date of payment...

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...ession-2552656
    Any buyer from this project complained to Rera ? they are bound to pay interest till possession...

Comment

As per RERA website, image 1 shows that ACE and matchpoint details were last updated on July 31, 2017.

When I saw the details image 2, it says that revised proposed completion date is 30/09/2020.

I want to understand what happens if Nirmal fails to deliver this date too? Will RERA do something? or will we get another proposed completion date?

Comment

Originally posted by yogeshraja View Post
        Nirmal Lifestyle asked to cough up interest for delayed possession

In a first, city's real estate developer Nirmal Lifestyle will have to pay interest to a homebuyer for delaying possession. Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority (MahaRERA) recently passed an order in this regard. If the current interest rate plus 2 per cent is taken into account, the developer will have to pay an interest of around 10.25 per cent to the homebuyer.

The complainant, Ravi Nair, had filed a complaint and claimed an interest from the developer for delaying the possession of its residential project located in Kalyan.

Nair had purchased the flat and registered the agreement on February 2013. He had also paid Rs 22.09 lakh for the same. As per the agreement, the date of possession was June 2016 with a grace period of six months. However, the developer has failed to hand over the flat till date to Nair...

The developer replied to the authority that he is ready to settle the matter amicably but the complainant refused this offer.

Post which, the authority passed an order stating, “It is clear that the possession of the flat has been delayed in this case. Hence, the respondent is directed to lag an interest equal to State Bank of India's highest Marginal Cost of Lending Rate plus 2 per cent as prescribed in rule 18 of MahaRERA, from May 2017 till the date of possession.”

The developer has been asked to pay the interest within a period of 30 days from the date on which such interest becomes due and payable to the complainant. The builder also has to submit the compliance report to the authority within 30 days from the date of payment...

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...ession-2552656
        Why don't other buyers complain...developer has to pay interest to everyone now...

Comment

If you claim for refund, is there a way you can get stamp duty refund as well?

Any whatsapp group guyz? We need to unite and put some pressure on the builder. To be honest, I am not too keen on getting a refund and I would instead get the project done.

Comment

• Tradebiz15
            Tradebiz15 commented
            Editing a comment
            https://t.me/joinchat/DLXFwA2i9laMu2EGWTqWeQ

Can someone post and update or atleast a way to put me in the whatsapp group for discussion?

Comment

• rustom1982
            rustom1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please let me know how to get connected with the buyers of aces and match point. We need to be in touch. Has anyone attended meeting organised by Nirmal Lifestyle?

• emply1
            emply1 commented
            Editing a comment
            @rustom1982 1st qstn: Only way I see to get connected is to setup a meeting date/time and place on IREF and then exchange numbers and emails personally in meeting. I don't think meeting place and time will be deleted by IREF moderator. I see this to be faster way to start organizing things than waiting for each member to finish 10 posts.
            2nd Question: There might have been meetings organised by buyers in past, not that I'm aware of. This thread has cooled down a bit, hopefully it revives again.
            Last edited March 9 2018, 06:35 AM.

• Tradebiz15
            Tradebiz15 commented
            Editing a comment

Hi ,

Can you please let me know when is the next meeting? Project is not progressing at all and there is no response from sales or any other team. Can anyone please let me know how to join whatsapp group?
          Last edited June 3 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• emply1
            emply1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Install telegram and click link for all updates

• Neilmumbai
            Neilmumbai commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much.

• pcmpcm
            pcmpcm commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Team,
            Does anyone know about the godrej taking over from Nirmal group? They are claiming that they have settled the matter with existing Nirmal buyers.
            Is that true?

Hi ,

It seems this is now been taken over by Godrej Properties. Did you invest in it? If yes, they say they have settled it with the existing buyers.

Thanks,
          D
          Last edited June 5 2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

use this link in telegram app, and join the group

here the buyers are discussing the latest update

Comment

Personal Information: No sharing of personal information such as mobile/phone numbers, email / postal addresses, business names or any other personally identifiable information on the forum.
              Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Watsapp Group link

Last edited May 19 2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X