Hi there,

Is there anyone here in the forum who knows about the construction progress of US OPEN project of Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund?
Read more
506 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello all, happened to check with Nirmal on this project, as per them the work will start post elections, also as per them they have received all the clearance certificate to start this project, just keeping my fingers crossed & hoping that this project will come to it's final stage with in coming years.
    CommentQuote
  • Expect the unexpected from NIRMAL. Their projects time lines are nothing less than 10 years....
    CommentQuote
  • Hello ..Does any one in the forum has any quick update on US Open construction.
    CommentQuote
  • Today I called Nirmal lifestyle and they told me construction will start around sep'14.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks .. lets keep this group active, so that we are all on the same page ..
    CommentQuote
  • Nirmal US Open

Hi Guys,

yesterday, I have visited the Nirmal office to check the status. They have informed that they have recd all the necessary approvals and going to start work very soon.

I have visited the site too. Where I saw that they have started Digging work. Lets hope that will get possession latest by 2017.

CommentQuote
  • Hello All

I did received a call from Nirmal last week stating that they have started the digging work & are committed to finish the project by Dec 2017.
    CommentQuote
  • Hopefully the buildings should be ready for the 2018 US Open...
    CommentQuote
  • I had a call with Nirmal Lifestyle 3 days ago...They told me that still one MOEF permission is in progress and they have meeting for same in July month. They are not ready to tell when exactly the work will start..

Happy to see that work has started but difficult to believe. They might just be fooling us by doing mere digging work. Guys keep posting the status whatever discussion u all are having with the builder. This is to ensure we all are on same page. Also we all need to meet once...plz plan how is this possible.
    CommentQuote
  • Recent Update from Nirmal regarding US Open via e-mail.....

"i would like to inform you that we have already started the digging work, agreement in October (post monsoon). Centre court launching on 27th of this month. (June)."
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    yesetrday I have recevied an email from Nirmal accounts team stating that the purchaser has to pay the service tax (3.09%) by 20th Aug. I am wondering that there is no service from Nirmal and consrtuction has not started yet (yes, the digging work has stapped too) and they are still demanding teh service tax? Is there anyone who has the same email by email and paid it though? I am confused what to do in this case? There is no news when they will start the registartion process too?
    I think all of us shoudl gather and sort out throug the discussion.

Please do reply your expericnes so everyone would be updated about.

Thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • @MASTERINVEST, are you from CRM - Nirmal? Coudl you please let us know whats the progress of construction? The account team told me that it will start after rain season and you have mentioned that its started. And about agrrements are you sure it will be after october?
    Will appreciate your advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harshadsp
    Hi,
    yesetrday I have recevied an email from Nirmal accounts team stating that the purchaser has to pay the service tax (3.09%) by 20th Aug. I am wondering that there is no service from Nirmal and consrtuction has not started yet (yes, the digging work has stapped too) and they are still demanding teh service tax? Is there anyone who has the same email by email and paid it though? I am confused what to do in this case? There is no news when they will start the registartion process too?
    I think all of us shoudl gather and sort out throug the discussion.

Please do reply your expericnes so everyone would be updated about.

Thanks...

Service Tax is payable along with each payment made towards booking or purchase price. Builder may take a separate cheque for service tax 3.09% or indicate amount in his demand letter. This is as per Service Tax Act / rules. You can check if the builder's group company, developing the project has a valid service tax registration number.

Service Tax Department does not wait till the project is complete. VAT would be first payable on registration, and thereafter on subsequent payments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GeeKaay
    Service Tax is payable along with each payment made towards booking or purchase price. Builder may take a separate cheque for service tax 3.09% or indicate amount in his demand letter. This is as per Service Tax Act / rules. You can check if the builder's group company, developing the project has a valid service tax registration number.

Service Tax Department does not wait till the project is complete. VAT would be first payable on registration, and thereafter on subsequent payments.

thanks for your response @GeeKay. So even if builder has not started the actual construction, do we still need to pay the service tax on whatever amount has been paid by us? There is neither any kind of work started nor any agreement/registration has been done by builder? Still we need to pay server tax even though there is no "Service" from builder side?
    Please advise.
    CommentQuote
  • As far as knowledge, the service tax would be paid as per the development of slabs when we make the payment as per development of project. Suppose I paid half the amount of total cost, in this case, do I need to pay full service tax on total amount or on what I have paid till date and pay the rest as per builders demand (of course, based on actual development). Please advise...
    CommentQuote