Hi there,

Is there anyone here in the forum who knows about the construction progress of US OPEN project of Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund?
Read more
506 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by harshadsp
    As far as knowledge, the service tax would be paid as per the development of slabs when we make the payment as per development of project. Suppose I paid half the amount of total cost, in this case, do I need to pay full service tax on total amount or on what I have paid till date and pay the rest as per builders demand (of course, based on actual development). Please advise...

With respect to under-construction projects, Service Tax is payable at earlier of (i) date of issue of invoice / date of completion of provision of service; or (ii) date of receipt of payment.

Builder charge service tax at time of issue of demand letter or receipt of advance payment. Service Tax is payable 3.09% for most of the flats. For flats above 2000 sq. feet or costing Rs. 1 Crore and above, it is 3.71%

If you have paid half of the dues, service tax is payable on the amount paid at above rates. Builders sometime act smart and try to charge extra to cover any interest / penalty charged to them by Service Tax dept.
    CommentQuote
  • I really appreciate your prompt response. Could you please advise if I need to pay the service tax at this moment where builder has not started any work and asking for service tax? Or I can say to builder that I will pay the tax when my house's slab will be completed or at least start some kind of work? Its really burden that builder has not started anything and just asking more money from us.
    Please advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I was recently told by my agent that Nirmal has changed the layout of Center Court in US Open. Initially they sold it as premium property for Center Court as 4/5 BHK but now the plan is to change it to 2/3 BHK and are giving option of combining adjacent flats. This will impact the layout. This is not correct way without any alignment from people who have already purchased flats based on premium property. Did anyone get the same message?
    Please let me know.
    CommentQuote
    I really appreciate your prompt response. Could you please advise if I need to pay the service tax at this moment where builder has not started any work and asking for service tax? Or I can say to builder that I will pay the tax when my house's slab will be completed or at least start some kind of work? Its really burden that builder has not started anything and just asking more money from us.
    Please advise.

For under-construction projects, service tax has to be paid at the time of payment, irrespective of project status . It may seem unfair if the project has got delayed, and we have to pay service tax, but legally the position is as mentioned in my earlier post.

You will have to pay service tax as per builder's demand letter by 20th aug. If you take a stand that it will be paid when the house's slab will be completed or some kind of work starts, builder may after some time send you an additional demand for interest and / or penalty for delayed payment of service tax.

You can at the most ask for verification of his service tax number. You cannot ask for his service tax return or service tax deposit challan, to verify if the tax has been deposited. It is their responsibility. Just like we do not ask any FMCG or automobile company if they have paid the excise duty or VAT on the product that we buy.

They can provide you a stamped receipt with their service tax number, for the tax amount you paid.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GeeKaay
    For under-construction projects, service tax has to be paid at the time of payment, irrespective of project status . It may seem unfair if the project has got delayed, and we have to pay service tax, but legally the position is as mentioned in my earlier post.

You will have to pay service tax as per builder's demand letter by 20th aug. If you take a stand that it will be paid when the house's slab will be completed or some kind of work starts, builder may after some time send you an additional demand for interest and / or penalty for delayed payment of service tax.

You can at the most ask for verification of his service tax number. You cannot ask for his service tax return or service tax deposit challan, to verify if the tax has been deposited. It is their responsibility. Just like we do not ask any FMCG or automobile company if they have paid the excise duty or VAT on the product that we buy.

They can provide you a stamped receipt with their service tax number, for the tax amount you paid.

Thank you so much GeeKay. I appreciate all your time and efforts for this inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited Nirmal head office and the person from CRM team advised me that the construction work will start from mid of September. Lets hope it actually starts and complete soon...
    CommentQuote
  • Dear All --Any update for US Open mAtchpoint...If anyone visted recently kindly update us..When is the work going to strat and whats expected possession date given for Matchpoint
    CommentQuote
    @MASTERINVEST, are you from CRM - Nirmal? Coudl you please let us know whats the progress of construction? The account team told me that it will start after rain season and you have mentioned that its started. And about agrrements are you sure it will be after october?
    Will appreciate your advise.

@harshadsp: I am not from CRM - Nirmal. I am a flat owner in the property. The quote was from an e-mail I received from Nirmal in response to my query concerning status of project. I suggest all flat owners to kindly keep communicating with Nirmal on a regular basis and KEEP RECORDS of ALL COMMUNICATION....This was advised to me by someone very knowledgeable in this field. Either ways, it will at least put pressure on the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey Guys,

New to this forum but glad to find fellow members who have invested in the US open apartments by Nirmal.

Mid of September is coming, let us hope it finally starts and goes as per plan. If anyone has any new updates, please post to keep everyone in the loop. We all need to follow this up with Nirmal.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by masterinvest
    @harshadsp: I am not from CRM - Nirmal. I am a flat owner in the property. The quote was from an e-mail I received from Nirmal in response to my query concerning status of project. I suggest all flat owners to kindly keep communicating with Nirmal on a regular basis and KEEP RECORDS of ALL COMMUNICATION....This was advised to me by someone very knowledgeable in this field. Either ways, it will at least put pressure on the builder.

Thanks @materinvest. I totally agree with you that all we should communicate with builder to make some kind of presssure on them. Coudl you please share the email address to whom you have asked about the status so others can at least write to him? The project is really delayed and we should start some movement right now.
    CommentQuote
  • Did anyone get chance to visit the site or any latest updates from Nirmal team? Please sahre your experiences.
    thanks
    CommentQuote
  • hello friends..just a suggestion for all the folks who have invested in the us open apartment - matchpoint by nirmal lifestyle. can we form a group to discuss the approach and then meet with Nirmal lifestyle with a firm and unified position since this project is getting delayed a lot..
    CommentQuote
  • Latest on US open construction status... as usaual they have given a new date to commence the construction...now its is 2 nd week of oct earlier it was mid of sept...
    guys this is definatly not going anywhere...we have to chase him..lets make a group..
    CommentQuote
  • Please send me an email on my gmai L id at pradg61@gmai L.com Let us form a group and then decide on the next course of action as this project is delayed and there is no sign of the project getting started. Somehow the domain gmai L is getting deleted.
    CommentQuote
  • Invested in us open

I agree we need to create some email group and work our ways with the builder.

All of us have put our hard earned money. We should get worth at right time? Please suggest next course of action. I contacted one Siddharth and he told me 15-20 days. I feel and agree with you all this isn't going anywhere.

:(
    CommentQuote