Last updated: May 31 2011
3 | Posts
2468 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale of 1 BHK Flat for The Purchase of 2 BHK Flat upto 85L, Mumbai

Hi,

I am from Malad, Mumbai and am working towards selling off my 1BHK and buying a 2BHK.

However, would like to work out the total cost involved in this process.

Can somebody help me out with the cost of selling the flat (brokerage/any other contribution) and cost of buying the 2BHK (registration/stamp duty/any other contribution).

I understand each property might have its own additions (like club house facility, parking charges etc.) but what I am looking for over here is more of a percentage decrease of the value earned from the sale of the flat and the percentage increase in the acquisition of the new property.

The agenda is to come up with a spread sheet which can be guide to decide on the feasibility of this endeavor.

Re : Sale of 1 BHK Flat for The Purchase of 2 BHK Flat upto 85L, Mumbai

Originally posted by NarayananI View Post
    Hi,

I am from Malad, Mumbai and am working towards selling off my 1BHK and buying a 2BHK.

Can somebody help me out with the cost of selling the flat (brokerage/any other contribution) and cost of buying the 2BHK (registration/stamp duty/any other contribution).

I understand each property might have its own additions (like club house facility, parking charges etc.) but what I am looking for over here is more of a percentage decrease of the value earned from the sale of the flat and the percentage increase in the acquisition of the new property.

The agenda is to come up with a spread sheet which can be guide to decide on the feasibility of this endeavor.
    Hey,

Incase my question above is not clear, what I want to know is when I sell my flat what are the deductions from the sales proceeds? [Brokerage & Transfer Fee are the two that I know off]

And when I buy what are the additional charges on top of the apartment cost [Registration 6% of the proceeds, Stamp Duty 1% of proceeds, Transfer Fee, Brokerage are the ones that I am aware off.] am I missing anything? I am trying to come up with a spreadsheet which will calculate the Net cash/loan to be availed when I do these transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by NarayananI View Post
      Hi,

From my personal experience although you end up giving a 1-2% brokerage, its always beneficial to buy / sell through the brokers.
      Where are you planning to buy your 2BHK flat, because a lot will depend on the locality where you are planning to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by bhushank4 View Post
        From my personal experience although you end up giving a 1-2% brokerage, its always beneficial to buy / sell through the brokers.
        Where are you planning to buy your 2BHK flat, because a lot will depend on the locality where you are planning to move to.
        Tough question... But with my budget of 85L pretty much on hold for now. Nothing in Malad/kandivli near link road is available at that price.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X