Hi,

I am from Malad, Mumbai and am working towards selling off my 1BHK and buying a 2BHK.

However, would like to work out the total cost involved in this process.

Can somebody help me out with the cost of selling the flat (brokerage/any other contribution) and cost of buying the 2BHK (registration/stamp duty/any other contribution).

I understand each property might have its own additions (like club house facility, parking charges etc.) but what I am looking for over here is more of a percentage decrease of the value earned from the sale of the flat and the percentage increase in the acquisition of the new property.

The agenda is to come up with a spread sheet which can be guide to decide on the feasibility of this endeavor.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by NarayananI
    Hi,

I am from Malad, Mumbai and am working towards selling off my 1BHK and buying a 2BHK.

Can somebody help me out with the cost of selling the flat (brokerage/any other contribution) and cost of buying the 2BHK (registration/stamp duty/any other contribution).

I understand each property might have its own additions (like club house facility, parking charges etc.) but what I am looking for over here is more of a percentage decrease of the value earned from the sale of the flat and the percentage increase in the acquisition of the new property.

The agenda is to come up with a spread sheet which can be guide to decide on the feasibility of this endeavor.

Hey,

Incase my question above is not clear, what I want to know is when I sell my flat what are the deductions from the sales proceeds?

And when I buy what are the additional charges on top of the apartment cost am I missing anything? I am trying to come up with a spreadsheet which will calculate the Net cash/loan to be availed when I do these transaction. am I missing anything? I am trying to come up with a spreadsheet which will calculate the Net cash/loan to be availed when I do these transaction. am I missing anything? I am trying to come up with a spreadsheet which will calculate the Net cash/loan to be availed when I do these transaction.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NarayananI
    Hi,

From my personal experience although you end up giving a 1-2% brokerage, its always beneficial to buy / sell through the brokers.
    Where are you planning to buy your 2BHK flat, because a lot will depend on the locality where you are planning to move to.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhushank4
    From my personal experience although you end up giving a 1-2% brokerage, its always beneficial to buy / sell through the brokers.
    Where are you planning to buy your 2BHK flat, because a lot will depend on the locality where you are planning to move to.

Tough question... But with my budget of 85L pretty much on hold for now. Nothing in Malad/kandivli near link road is available at that price.
    CommentQuote