Seth Developers has launched a new project " VASANT OASIS". This project is located on Borosil Plot on Marol GHS road. Followings are the room sizes available,

1- 2BHK
2- 2.5 BHK
3- 3 BHK

Total no. of towers are 16 nos (G+14) with one commercial building. The prices are as follows,

1- BSP 9,850/ PSFT
2- Floor Rise 50/ SQFT
3- Car Park - 5,00,000/
4- Development Charge - 14/ PSFT
5- Corups Fund - 200/ PSFT

Would appreciate comments from sr. members on this project.
Read more
179 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Mumbai Vasant oasis 6 Jan 2014 construction photos

Mumbai Vasant oasis 6 Jan 2014 construction photos
    CommentQuote
  • 20140113 vasant oasis construction photos

20140113 vasant oasis construction photos
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the progress photos .. I have booked two 1 BHK flats in phase 3 for investment purpose.. The work for other phases seems to be going good. Do u guys feel the rate will increase after the metro starts functioning ?
    CommentQuote
  • I saw their advertisement in paper today. I have seen some properties of Sheth Developers in past and have good respect for their quality. This project includes 19 towers of 22 floors and I have seen many such huge projects. Typically one should expect at least 3 -4 years for a building to get built as it requires allied infrastructure to be built as well. This time is getting stretched as sales are down due to a) comparitively high prices, b) low and subdued demand, c) high inventory and competition. I feel time for phase 1 and 2 would accordingly get stretched. Paper advertisement claimed that possession in 18 months and construction work in full swing (little pinch of salt due to market economics). Regarding price rise, prices are usually stable in this part (like many other parts of Mumbai) due to low sales...You may see price increase only by builders and they negotiate once you sit with them to purchase so effectively stable prices. Metro is already factored in the price...its a event already absorbed many years back in prices. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunilr
    I saw their advertisement in paper today. I have seen some properties of Sheth Developers in past and have good respect for their quality. This project includes 19 towers of 22 floors and I have seen many such huge projects. Typically one should expect at least 3 -4 years for a building to get built as it requires allied infrastructure to be built as well. This time is getting stretched as sales are down due to a) comparitively high prices, b) low and subdued demand, c) high inventory and competition. I feel time for phase 1 and 2 would accordingly get stretched. Paper advertisement claimed that possession in 18 months and construction work in full swing (little pinch of salt due to market economics). Regarding price rise, prices are usually stable in this part (like many other parts of Mumbai) due to low sales...You may see price increase only by builders and they negotiate once you sit with them to purchase so effectively stable prices. Metro is already factored in the price...its a event already absorbed many years back in prices. :)

the work will take time for such a big project but it should not become like a lodha promise .. haha:)… as u say the construction quality by sheth is no doubt very good ..hence the rate offered by them is slightly on the higher side but i don't see any other good projects in the vicinity with so many towers and amenities like these offered anywhere .. we all know how long our infra projects take first to get approvals then complete ..so i feel the rate will go up further once the metro starts functioning ..already the basic rate quoted on the website currently is 16000 plus ..btw have u booked any flat in the project ??
    CommentQuote
  • No, i have not booked in this project due to high rates. I have invested in Thane.
    CommentQuote
    Regarding price rise, prices are usually stable in this part (like many other parts of Mumbai) due to low sales...You may see price increase only by builders and they negotiate once you sit with them to purchase so effectively stable prices.

Just need to add something. Sheth people dont negotiate (Dont know if it is for just this project). I had visited the site and was quoted some 14875psf for one of the towers thats not even been dug, just launched. Possesion in 4years. We were not in a position to pay that much so we straight away told we will giv 1cr as downpayment how much can you lower the psf rates (just to check). They didnt budge even 100bux. Hence opted out ...

This was in Nov 2013

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by spudnik
    Just need to add something. Sheth people dont negotiate (Dont know if it is for just this project). I had visited the site and was quoted some 14875psf for one of the towers thats not even been dug, just launched. Possesion in 4years. We were not in a position to pay that much so we straight away told we will giv 1cr as downpayment how much can you lower the psf rates (just to check). They didnt budge even 100bux. Hence opted out ...

This was in Nov 2013

Spudnik is rite .. i also tried to negotiate for a 2 BHK flat in phase 1 but they didn't budge at all so i went ahead and booked two 1 bhk flats in phase 3 as it gives me some flexibility after possession ..again not much of a bargain at that time but still a good deal now considering the current and future rate ..
    CommentQuote
    No, i have not booked in this project due to high rates. I have invested in Thane.

alrite .. for what rate have u booked at thane ??:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by spudnik

This was in Nov 2013

Got mail from one broker saying investor flat for sale @10k psf in this project, however 100% payment req, possession Dec 2016 (I guess phase 2 or 3), some mistry guy, this proves RE is really headed for downturn............
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gauraws
    alrite .. for what rate have u booked at thane ??:)

Booked Smart homes in Puraniks Hometown at GB Road...7300...
    CommentQuote
    Booked Smart homes in Puraniks Hometown at GB Road...7300...

Alrite GB side .. i really don't like that area much although there has been little bit development there .. i wanted around Andheri side only .. anyways good choice ..
    CommentQuote
    Alrite GB side .. i really don't like that area much although there has been little bit development there .. i wanted around Andheri side only .. anyways good choice ..

Yeah... That area would be in demand in times to come, presently developing with plenty of projects. Prices are not expected to rise much due to so much supply in Thane for at least next 3 years. It is done from investment perspective as per budget. Andheri would have doubled my budget.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by akki2006
    Got mail from one broker saying investor flat for sale @10k psf in this project, however 100% payment req, possession Dec 2016 (I guess phase 2 or 3), some mistry guy, this proves RE is really headed for downturn............

such kind of offers are there for almost all big premium projects where there are hundreds of flats to be sold .. i had such offers for reputed projects from parel, sewree, andheri side etc .. i would personally rather pay 20% at 12k to 13k per sqft including floor rise (which i have done) and wait for 3-4 years (which i am doing) .. haha.. instead of paying 100% and still wait for 2 years at least .. i can understand if the possession is due in 5-6 months or so but under construction doesn't seem worth & beneficial considering the interest.. Also there is a floor rise factor which increases the price so if 10k is for the lower floor ..no point .. its very risky to pay a big amount for under construction projects these days as all major projects get delayed .. I suppose he may be a channel partner of the builder
    CommentQuote
    such kind of offers are there for almost all big premium projects where there are hundreds of flats to be sold .. i had such offers for reputed projects from parel, sewree, andheri side etc .. i would personally rather pay 20% at 12k to 13k per sqft including floor rise (which i have done) and wait for 3-4 years (which i am doing) .. haha.. instead of paying 100% and still wait for 2 years at least .. i can understand if the possession is due in 5-6 months or so but under construction doesn't seem worth & beneficial considering the interest.. Also there is a floor rise factor which increases the price so if 10k is for the lower floor ..no point .. its very risky to pay a big amount for under construction projects these days as all major projects get delayed .. I suppose he may be a channel partner of the builder

It is good that you have got rate of 12-13k with 20% down payment and market may have gone up by now. It would be worthwhile to note the discount offer made 100% down payment for reputed builders only. I read somewhere on this thread that Sheth developer do not offer discount. I was tempted to reply in negative as it was not true but did not do as builder reputation on quality etc was good. There are projects like Bhagatiani Powai where buyers are getting discounted rate of around 10K with near 60%-100% down payment and there are buyers who are willing to take that risk. With Sheth developers I am sure there would be more buyers who would be willing to take risk. That's what sometime means discount!
    CommentQuote