Hello Friends,

Can somebody guide me about the Stamp Duty and Registration Fee charges for an apartment at Mumbai? For eg. How to calculate the stamp duty and registration charge for an apartment costing Rs.85,00,000/-.

Mods : If I have posted the question in the wrong thread, kindly correct me.

Regards,
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Details

Originally Posted by NarayananI
    Hello Friends,

Can somebody guide me about the Stamp Duty and Registration Fee charges for an apartment at Mumbai? For eg. How to calculate the stamp duty and registration charge for an apartment costing Rs.85,00,000/-.

Mods : If I have posted the question in the wrong thread, kindly correct me.

Regards,

If anybody needs the same info:
    1% Registration to a max of Rs.30K agreement value
    5% + 1% Stamp Duty + Surcharge on the agreement value
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for sharing the information
    CommentQuote
  • Depreciation in calculating Stamp duty

Thanks for posting this.
    I thought it was 5% only for stampduty.
    What is the Surcharge for?

Do you have any idea what happens with the property which is old (25-30 years old) I have overheard agents talking about Depreciation on the cost which helps lower down the Stamp Duty.

Please someone throw light on this.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vyerth
    Thanks for posting this.
    I thought it was 5% only for stampduty.
    What is the Surcharge for?

Do you have any idea what happens with the property which is old (25-30 years old) I have overheard agents talking about Depreciation on the cost which helps lower down the Stamp Duty.

Please someone throw light on this.

Thanks

Stamp duty is calculated on the agreement value or Ready reckoner value for that area whichever is higher. Rs. 7400/- for the first 5 lakh and 5% on the remaining amount.

Depreciation that you have heard must be with regards to Capital Gains and not stamp duty.
    CommentQuote
  • I would like to know Property Registration Charges in Delhi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by highrisemumbai

Stamp duty is calculated on the agreement value or Ready reckoner value for that area whichever is higher. Rs. 7400/- for the first 5 lakh and 5% on the remaining amount.

Depreciation that you have heard must be with regards to Capital Gains and not stamp duty.

1. The info posted by you on Stamp duty is correct at this time BUT somebody posted or I read that AFTER October it will be 6%. I dont know if that is correct info.

What is the Service charge? how much? is that only for Under Construction or also for resale?
    CommentQuote
  • What is the site to calculate latest stamp duty and registration charges ?
    CommentQuote