Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

Collapse
X
Collapse

Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

Last updated: July 23 2014
28 | Posts
16696 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

    Guys, I am really confused between these two for flat purchase. Both are good quality projects but while one is slightly economical, the other offers earlier possession. Can someone provide deeper insight for me to make this decision? I have given up on the hope of price correction in Mumbai.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

    Kalpataru looks good as they have possession in July and December. When is the possession for Mahindra ? Also what are the rates quoted by them?

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

      Rates quoted are 9250/- (checked few days back) psqft for Aura and 7800/- for Mahindra splendor (checked months back). Possession for splendor is mid 2013 while kalpataru is only Dec 2011. I didnt find any cemetery issue with kalpataru flats.

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

        As you correctly said both are good quality project. From my research ( I finally booked a flat in splendor ), the key differences :

        1. Location is definitely better for Aura, but the entry to ghatkopar from Eastern Expressway can be an issue. Can take nearly 20-25 mins during rush hour.

        2. The flats are much more spacious in splendor, compare to aura which has a standard 10 x 12 bedroom size, and smallish lobby / drawing room.

        3. Looking at the other mahindra project , and also the sheer number of flats in kalpataru aura, i have a sense that splendour would be better maintained and maybe would have lesser strain on common resources.

        4. Kalpataru should be avb by July 2012 , while splendor by July 2013 ( Factoring in the delays ) , so the possession for aura would be a year earlier.
        However, as the first phase of splendor is getting possession in Sep 11, the project should be up and running by the time we get possession.

        5. There is obviously a rate difference of 15-20% btw the two projects, so you get more space for similar price in splendour.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

          Originally posted by ankit501 View Post
          As you correctly said both are good quality project. From my research ( I finally booked a flat in splendor ), the key differences :

          1. Location is definitely better for Aura, but the entry to ghatkopar from Eastern Expressway can be an issue. Can take nearly 20-25 mins during rush hour.

          2. The flats are much more spacious in splendor, compare to aura which has a standard 10 x 12 bedroom size, and smallish lobby / drawing room.

          3. Looking at the other mahindra project , and also the sheer number of flats in kalpataru aura, i have a sense that splendour would be better maintained and maybe would have lesser strain on common resources.

          4. Kalpataru should be avb by July 2012 , while splendor by July 2013 ( Factoring in the delays ) , so the possession for aura would be a year earlier.
          However, as the first phase of splendor is getting possession in Sep 11, the project should be up and running by the time we get possession.

          5. There is obviously a rate difference of 15-20% btw the two projects, so you get more space for similar price in splendour.
          Congratulations Ankit on your purchase!

          Can you please provide the details of your purchase, the rate, size of the flat, experience with the builder etc. would be very helpful.

          Also how do you think is the connectivity from Splendor to the malls, station, hospitals, etc

          Thanks!

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

            One more big difference is Kalpataru increased the mainainance charges of flats from rs.4 to rs.8 midway, forcing everyone to pay. Would you like to go with this kind of builder who wants 90lakhs/month (1173 flats) to maintain just a swimming pool & club house?

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

              Need some clarifictaion on this "maintenance thing":

              1. How long can the builder take maintenance charges?
              2. Cant the members form a society and elect a secretary amongst themselves?
              3. The builder takes 1-2 years maintenance in advance at the time of handing over the possession. Is this legal or is it a practise started by builders (i hope it is not something like carparking charges, where builders are not entitled to charge for it seperately, yet they have made it a standard practice)
              4. What are the obligations of the obligations of the builder for the period for which the building maintenance is with him?
              5. Is he acountable to the inhabitants for the accounts/ expenses of building fund?
              6. Can the building inhabitants outsource the maintenance contract to other developers?

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

                Originally posted by rembrants View Post
                Need some clarifictaion on this "maintenance thing":

                1. How long can the builder take maintenance charges?
                2. Cant the members form a society and elect a secretary amongst themselves?
                3. The builder takes 1-2 years maintenance in advance at the time of handing over the possession. Is this legal or is it a practise started by builders (i hope it is not something like carparking charges, where builders are not entitled to charge for it seperately, yet they have made it a standard practice)
                4. What are the obligations of the obligations of the builder for the period for which the building maintenance is with him?
                5. Is he acountable to the inhabitants for the accounts/ expenses of building fund?
                6. Can the building inhabitants outsource the maintenance contract to other developers?
                Builder can take the maintenance charges till the society is formed. The condition for the society formation is there should be at least 10 members. Society can be formed even before the building is completed but is a tedious task until 'll the members meet & decide among themselves. For this matter, nowadays ppl are too preoccupied with their own work & no one wants responsibility,thatz why builders have their way. Builder has to maintain the building till society is formed & transfer all the leftover collected amount to society accounts but that hardly happens. They do huge manipulations in that amount. Building inhabitants can outsource the maintenance but after forming the society.

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

                  you raise a good point--

                  Originally posted by ankilsanghvi View Post
                  Builder can take the maintenance charges till the society is formed. The condition for the society formation is there should be at least 10 members. Society can be formed even before the building is completed but is a tedious task until 'll the members meet & decide among themselves. For this matter, nowadays ppl are too preoccupied with their own work & no one wants responsibility,thatz why builders have their way. Builder has to maintain the building till society is formed & transfer all the leftover collected amount to society accounts but that hardly happens. They do huge manipulations in that amount. Building inhabitants can outsource the maintenance but after forming the society.
                  ok what happens if all the flats are not sold , who pays the maintenance of those flats .. builders does ? or do the existing members have to shell out more money ..?

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : Kalpataru Aura, Kalpataru Group Vs Mahindra Splendour, Mahindra Lifespaces - Mumbai

                    Originally posted by aarem7 View Post
                    Congratulations Ankit on your purchase!

                    Can you please provide the details of your purchase, the rate, size of the flat, experience with the builder etc. would be very helpful.

                    Also how do you think is the connectivity from Splendor to the malls, station, hospitals, etc

                    Thanks!
                    I booked a 3 Bedroom, the saleable area was around 1650. The booking was at 7200, think the rates have increased a bit since then.

                    There is a mall ( magnet mall ) coming right opposite, so the connectivity to mall is good ( maybe too good for comfort ). It's close to both bhandup and kanjurmarg station , both are around 1 km either side.

                    The experience with builder was good, and fortunately till now have not faced any issues. They have been rather prompt in replying to queries.

                    Comment

                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X