Thought Rustomjee was a good builder! Think twice before you book or deal with it. Rustomjee is asking me to pay interest even though it did not have Thane Municipal Corp approval for about one and half years.

I booked a flat "Rustomjee Urbania Athena C 1604" in Nov 2009. However, the TMC approval for the project was received by Rustomjee in Mar 2011. I did not pay beyond 20% as my bank refused to pay the loan amount for lack of TMC approval between Nov 2009 and Mar 2011. Rustomjee continued construction without TMC approval between Nov 2009 and Mar 2011.

Sometime after May 2010, Rustomjee had MOU with LIC or ICICI, and it tried to sell me as home loan client to LIC and ICICI. I disagreed siting non-beneficial home loan terms and risk of not getting TMC approval for the project at all.

Subsequently we registered the flat agreement in May 2011. Now, Rustomjee is asking for interest payment of about Rs 13 lacs beyond agreement value which we are of course refusing citing lack of documentation at their end.

On Jun 20th 2011, I received Intimation of Cancellation from Rustomjee. Today I am meeting my lawyer to go to Consumer Court Thane to address the issue.

Anyone faced similar isssue?
Anyone agreed to pay interest to Rustomjee?
Do let me know
That will help me correct my course of action if wrong.
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ajit_sabnis
    Thought Rustomjee was a good builder! Think twice before you book or deal with it. Rustomjee is asking me to pay interest even though it did not have Thane Municipal Corp approval for about one and half years.

I booked a flat "Rustomjee Urbania Athena C 1604" in Nov 2009. However, the TMC approval for the project was received by Rustomjee in Mar 2011. I did not pay beyond 20% as my bank refused to pay the loan amount for lack of TMC approval between Nov 2009 and Mar 2011. Rustomjee continued construction without TMC approval between Nov 2009 and Mar 2011.

Sometime after May 2010, Rustomjee had MOU with LIC or ICICI, and it tried to sell me as home loan client to LIC and ICICI. I disagreed siting non-beneficial home loan terms and risk of not getting TMC approval for the project at all.

Subsequently we registered the flat agreement in May 2011. Now, Rustomjee is asking for interest payment of about Rs 13 lacs beyond agreement value which we are of course refusing citing lack of documentation at their end.

On Jun 20th 2011, I received Intimation of Cancellation from Rustomjee. Today I am meeting my lawyer to go to Consumer Court Thane to address the issue.

Anyone faced similar isssue?
    Anyone agreed to pay interest to Rustomjee?
    Do let me know
    That will help me correct my course of action if wrong.

Don't have much knowledge about this issue but thanks for informing. You can take the help of a broker
    CommentQuote
  • In such cases I think it would be better if you went to the Press and outed the builder publicly than go to the consumer court.

The Rustomjee/Lodha vs TMC issue was on the front page of TOI yesterday - I'm sure Mumbai Mirror or Mid-Day or some similar paper would help you publish your story.

Remember what happened with the Vodafone issue when an irate consumer publicly outed their pathetic service on FaceBook and Twitter?

The media is more powerful than the court in India today.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Korchha. I went there with a friend and the sales person blatantly showed us a project which had permission only till 1st floor. Yet they were ready to sell any flat in the fictional building saying they will get the TMC approval shortly. The only criteria being we should be able to fund upto 35L by ourselves without the help of bank loan because obviously the bank is not going to help you. And then today we read about Lodha and Rustomjee paying upto 33 crores as fines for their violations. For your issue if you really think you will end up shelling more than 13 L for a similar project today just try to negotiate with them and settle it for less. The other approach is to go all guns blazing after taking robust legal opinion on all your options and also defaming them in the press if there are more like you then you may also consider a satyagraha and that will definetly force them to quiten you down.
    CommentQuote
  • Myself and Rustomjee resolved the matter. I did not go to the consumer court, but to the civil court. We settled the matter in Apr 2012. Rustomjee is certainly a sensitive builder you can say. I took possession of the flat in Jun 2012. All is well that ends well!
    CommentQuote
    Myself and Rustomjee resolved the matter. I did not go to the consumer court, but to the civil court. We settled the matter in Apr 2012. Rustomjee is certainly a sensitive builder you can say. I took possession of the flat in Jun 2012. All is well that ends well!

Congrats!!

Thanks a lot for postign the updates on the forum for all members - such postigns helps to deal with any such situation in the future for any forum member.

cheers!!
    CommentQuote
    Myself and Rustomjee resolved the matter. I did not go to the consumer court, but to the civil court. We settled the matter in Apr 2012. Rustomjee is certainly a sensitive builder you can say. I took possession of the flat in Jun 2012. All is well that ends well!

It would be great learning for everyone if you can share how it was settled? did you have to use any media or political influence? how long did the case run? please share the experience.
    CommentQuote
  • Residential apartments in Acura

Hi,

I have been reading your reviews on Urbania projects by Rustomjee.

I am looking to move in within a year and I had enquired in Rustomjee for availability.The rates are close to 9.5K/sq feet currently.I only checked their sample flat in the sales office at the moment.

It looks like they have some flats available in Acura.The possession is expected to be around June'2014 (max) as per the sales person.

I would like to know if all their papers are clean (including CC and OC) for Acura and if all the ammenties promised by the builder are in place.

Also,is this mosquito and nalla issue a common problem in Acura as well ?

I had checked Hiranandani as well but they are too costly (11.5k/sq feet + huge floor rise costs)

Regards,

Sam
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Discussion on the same topic is already running on IREF, running multiple threads may dissolve the information.

For further discussions, kindly follow the below link
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/mumbai-real-estate/10963-rustomjee-urbania-azziano-rustomjee-developers-thane-mumbai?t=13359
    CommentQuote