Hello folks,

Has anyone over here bought or is planning to buy a flat in RNA Exotica? Its a new upscale apartment complex coming up in Goregaon (W) and the current rates are in the range of 10K / sqft.

I've been looking at this property for some time and wanted to get first-hand info from someone who has already booked a flat /is in the process/knows someone over there at RNA.

Rgds
Read more
78 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sanjay25
    Have you also paid for the floor rise as well? If yes, how much?

Thanks.

Pl check with them what the current prices are... they have a slab-wise floor rise (500 for floors 21-30 , another 500 for 31-40 ....) + Rs 35 per floor....

I managed to get them to waive off the addl. 35 per floor
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by XFormers
    Hello folks,

Has anyone over here bought or is planning to buy a flat in RNA Exotica? Its a new upscale apartment complex coming up in Goregaon (W) and the current rates are in the range of 10K / sqft.

I've been looking at this property for some time and wanted to get first-hand info from someone who has already booked a flat /is in the process/knows someone over there at RNA.

Rgds

I HAVE BOOKED 2 BHK AT 26TH FLOOR PRICE WAS 9400 PSF INCLUDING FLOOR RISE.(PARKING-6 L,CLUB HOUSE-1L,MAINTANACE-2 YEARS,STAMP DUTY,VAT,SERVICE TAX ALL EXTRA).9400 IS BASIC RATE.
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats happyjet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by happyjet
    I HAVE BOOKED 2 BHK AT 26TH FLOOR PRICE WAS 9400 PSF INCLUDING FLOOR RISE.(PARKING-6 L,CLUB HOUSE-1L,MAINTANACE-2 YEARS,STAMP DUTY,VAT,SERVICE TAX ALL EXTRA).9400 IS BASIC RATE.

Congratulations!

When did you book? so that we can know whether the rate mentioned by you is the current one or not!
    CommentQuote
  • Congrates

I am very happy for XFormers and happyjet. Wow ONLY ~1.4 cr for 2 BHK flat in such a POSH area and possession in just 2-3 years period of time. Wow u guys rock. u steal the BEST possible deal available to day.
    CommentQuote
  • Are you serious or is it sarcasm?
    :)

But it sure is some money.. admire you guys if you are taking a loan

Originally Posted by sharmaji
    I am very happy for XFormers and happyjet. Wow ONLY ~1.4 cr for 2 BHK flat in such a POSH area and possession in just 2-3 years period of time. Wow u guys rock. u steal the BEST possible deal available to day.
    CommentQuote
  • He must mean in jest .. there is nothing premium about the location .. surrounded by industrial galas and jhopdis!!

Originally Posted by Sharpj
    Are you serious or is it sarcasm?
    :)

But it sure is some money.. admire you guys if you are taking a loan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kimmig
    He must mean in jest .. there is nothing premium about the location .. surrounded by industrial galas and jhopdis!!

Yes Kimmig there are only industrial galas and jhopdis .... wasnt it the same everywhere in Bombay until a few years ago? However, the place is changing ... and its doing so very fast !

I hope you do stay in one of the "premium" areas!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Reason for my sarcasm

I felt this entire thread is pre planed one fine day Mr. XFormers start this thread which was his first message in this forum and after some days he declare that he purchased flat in this project and after some day one more new guy(happyjet) in his first message in this forum says that he also bought flat in this forum. IN this market scenario where sells are at very low level only VERY good projects with DECENT rate can sell property at this rate.

MAY be i am wrong but this is my observation. I felt this tread is managed by builders sales team/affiliates.

- Sharmaji
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sharmaji
    I felt this entire thread is pre planed one fine day Mr. XFormers start this thread which was his first message in this forum and after some days he declare that he purchased flat in this project and after some day one more new guy(happyjet) in his first message in this forum says that he also bought flat in this forum. IN this market scenario where sells are at very low level only VERY good projects with DECENT rate can sell property at this rate.

MAY be i am wrong but this is my observation. I felt this tread is managed by builders sales team/affiliates.

- Sharmaji

Sharmaji,

I do understand the root cause of your skepticism with the way things are in the RE in Bombay. However, I can assure you that I am just like anyone else in this forum - trying to own a house in Bombay....

I've been looking for a house for quite some time and after I shortlisted RNA Exotica, I came to this forum looking for views. Isnt that what this forum is for?

Anyways, I dont think the builders or their reps are internet savvy to be trying to influence people in this forum! Trust me, I've seen their computer skills and I feel a 10 year old kid has more knowledge of the internet!

Anyways, to each his own..... Its a free country and everyone can express their views :)

Rgds,
    Xformers
    CommentQuote
  • rna exotica

they have seen the light
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bombayduck
    Please do not deal with RNA. We had a horrible experience with their staff when we were trying to book a 2-bed under-construction apartment at RNA Exotica Goregaon (W). Since we had limited time, being NRI’s visiting for a few weeks, we quickly settled on buying that property. The staff told us one rate. The top boss reduced it further. We worked out our finances and schedules and gladly paid the deposit amount. Though everyone told us an allotment letter was fine, we pushed to pay the stamp duty and registration — just to be safe. And thankfully so. Since only my wife was in Mumbai doing the dealings and not me, she made a power of attorney and rushed it to me in New York to sign, notarize and send back; so she could register the ‘joint property’ on my behalf. But in the process we were interrupted by the extremely rude Vice President (ironically enough of Customer Relations & Marketing) of RNA, Saurabh Natu, that the rate we’d been offered was wrong and it would not be honored. This, after we had a sheet of figures proving otherwise. Long story short, it meant a great deal of wasted time and effort for my wife, who was visiting India after a long time. Very frustrating and annoying. Very unprofessional and cheeky behavior on the part of Saurabh Natu — the kind of person who gives real estate companies a bad name. But luckily we read a few blogs the next day about how the property is under the scanner for certain MMRDA irregularities and other such stories. So, I guess things happen for the better. In any case, we urge straight-minded people to try and not deal with such companies and unprofessionals — who’re rude, unethical and anyway don’t exactly have much love in the eyes of common people as purveyors of real estate.

Sorry to know about your experience...havent had any bad ones till now but I am just about to register the property.... they have been suggesting that an allotment letter would be fine but I want to get it registered.

Their booking forms signed by the Marketing Head contain the rate...didnt u insist on that?

I hope I dont land into any issues regarding the rates! As for the MMRDA issues, I did speak with them and being a Civil Engineer, I went through the approved drawings myself. The property is approved for 42 floor though they claim it to be a 48 storeyed building.... but thats how all the builders supposedly do... even Rahejas and Rustomjees ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by XFormers
    Sorry to know about your experience...havent had any bad ones till now but I am just about to register the property.... they have been suggesting that an allotment letter would be fine but I want to get it registered.

Their booking forms signed by the Marketing Head contain the rate...didnt u insist on that?

I hope I dont land into any issues regarding the rates! As for the MMRDA issues, I did speak with them and being a Civil Engineer, I went through the approved drawings myself. The property is approved for 42 floor though they claim it to be a 48 storeyed building.... but thats how all the builders supposedly do... even Rahejas and Rustomjees ...

Am surprised with the experience you have had, I did my booking way back in Aug 10 and I can tell you they have been one of the most helpful Builders I have come across. They have cooperated in every way and was surprised with the way they handled everything. You should check similar blogs for Indiabulls Greens Panvel( I have booked a flat even there 20 months back and till date there is no news on Agreement.
    CommentQuote
  • it's fine now. the main owner of rna stepped in and sorted the issue. it was his word that was misinterpreted, it seems, by his staff.
    CommentQuote
  • Understatement of this year

Originally Posted by XFormers
    Sharmaji,

I do understand the root cause of your skepticism with the way things are in the RE in Bombay. However, I can assure you that I am just like anyone else in this forum - trying to own a house in Bombay....

I've been looking for a house for quite some time and after I shortlisted RNA Exotica, I came to this forum looking for views. Isnt that what this forum is for?

Anyways, I dont think the builders or their reps are internet savvy to be trying to influence people in this forum! Trust me, I've seen their computer skills and I feel a 10 year old kid has more knowledge of the internet!

Anyways, to each his own..... Its a free country and everyone can express their views :)

Rgds,
    Xformers

Understatement of this year when you posted you mentioned website , would you term that as not internet savvy and when the staff sends you emails about the project status would that be termed as not internet savvy , can go on and on but you get the picture
    CommentQuote