hi this is dr amit.i live at shahapur.i am planning to buy 1 bhk flat just for investment purpose.i had budget of 20 lacs but i have realized i wont get anything in 20 lacs.so i can stretch upto 25 or max 2-3 lacs more.
possession is not a issue at all. am not going to stay there or rent it out.
am fine with under construction projects also but for that it has to be someone genuine.but looking for some nice complex and not some crappy building.
i have 10 lacs cash and i will take loan of 15 lacs.
till now i hav following options
lodha rio(28lacs)nice project.little far but liked it and its with parking.
tata kalyan-only 2 and 3 bhk.they havent started bookings yet and even if the rate is 4k i dont think it wud fit in ma budget.
saket groop adharwadi road-1 bhk 620SQ rate is 3750 wil cost me around 25-26 without parking.parking 2.5 lacs extra.
Ghodbandar road-i dont think i wud get anything in 25 lacs.
other areas like panvel,kalwa,virar,naigaon i havent thought of but all are little offside.
still please suggest me which is the best option?which will appreciate most?
need to book/buy in this week only if possible.
please guys help me this is my dream..
thank you..
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dahanu an Ideal investment

Dr Amit, Dahanu is an ideal location for your budget. Although this will be hard but certainly Virar etc is out of the question.

The positives is fantastic opportunity of Dahanu is that it will soon have a local.
    It already has a shuttle to Virar very 15 mins or so so the positives are best.
    Also low crime rate, you can enjoy the beach on the weekends and sell when you have recovered your investment.

There are plenty of opportunities if you like to rent.
    CommentQuote
  • Check out Ekta Worldville in Virar - one can get a 1 BHK in their township for approx 20L
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by docamitb
    hi this is dr amit.i live at shahapur.i am planning to buy 1 bhk flat just for investment purpose.i had budget of 20 lacs but i have realized i wont get anything in 20 lacs.so i can stretch upto 25 or max 2-3 lacs more.
    possession is not a issue at all. am not going to stay there or rent it out.
    am fine with under construction projects also but for that it has to be someone genuine.but looking for some nice complex and not some crappy building.
    i have 10 lacs cash and i will take loan of 15 lacs.
    till now i hav following options
    lodha rio(28lacs)nice project.little far but liked it and its with parking.
    tata kalyan-only 2 and 3 bhk.they havent started bookings yet and even if the rate is 4k i dont think it wud fit in ma budget.
    saket groop adharwadi road-1 bhk 620SQ rate is 3750 wil cost me around 25-26 without parking.parking 2.5 lacs extra.
    Ghodbandar road-i dont think i wud get anything in 25 lacs.
    other areas like panvel,kalwa,virar,naigaon i havent thought of but all are little offside.
    still please suggest me which is the best option?which will appreciate most?
    need to book/buy in this week only if possible.
    please guys help me this is my dream..
    thank you..

hahahahha.... its funny that you started off at 20 and now are already at 28lakhs!
    if you have some 12-13 lakhs in cash, why not put it in a bank right now?
    you can easily get 10% interest from the bank. i doubt you will be able to get anything close to that by buying a property right now. moreover, you will fall into the debt trap and end up paying monthly mortgage for something that will not cover your loses.
    my 2 cents.
    CommentQuote
  • thanx yu guys a lot.i have almost decided about lodha casa rio.is it bad idea???i am guessing value of my 1 BHK will be 1 cr after 15 yrs.:D
    CommentQuote
    thanx yu guys a lot.i have almost decided about lodha casa rio.is it bad idea???i am guessing value of my 1 BHK will be 1 cr after 15 yrs.:D

25lakhs invested at 10% compound interest for 15 years would be a bit more than 1cr! :)
    CommentQuote
  • I am surprised, U r living in Shahapur, which has the best investment opportunities at present...Whts the point investing in flats in Kalyan , Dahanu , Sheel, when u can very well invest in your town(Shahapur) itself.....
    Shahapur will give u the best returns....then any of the projects in Mumbai,

Being a Local Doctor, u can negotiate well & can scrutinize the authenticity of the property.

Invest your money in Shahapur & trust me it will appreciate more than any other investment you will make around Mumbai in next 15 yrs.

For sure ur 23 lac will become 1.5 crores in 15 yrs in Shahapur.
    CommentQuote
  • guys its urgent now.going to see lodha again tomo.there are some monsoon offers goin on i guess i wil get 1 BHK for 28 lacs.its like yes or no.have to decide now....pls help me....
    CommentQuote
  • am geting 1bhk flat at casa bella possession is in 3 months.owner is askin 24.5 with stilt parking.i will hav to pay for mseb,water and maintainance which comes around 1.3 he is ready to make agreement of 18 lacs rest is black.so around 90k is stamp duty and reg.40k is brokerage of broker involved.still at the end it costd me around27-28 that to with parking.isnt it great deal???i just dont und hw to make papers.does lodha charges anything if someone wants to sell his flat?
    CommentQuote
  • i have already booked in casa rio and as per office people we are not suppose to sell the flat before possession .pls take care on this point.
    also you can very well thisk of 1 bhk in casa rio at this price

Originally Posted by docamitb
    am geting 1bhk flat at casa bella possession is in 3 months.owner is askin 24.5 with stilt parking.i will hav to pay for mseb,water and maintainance which comes around 1.3 he is ready to make agreement of 18 lacs rest is black.so around 90k is stamp duty and reg.40k is brokerage of broker involved.still at the end it costd me around27-28 that to with parking.isnt it great deal???i just dont und hw to make papers.does lodha charges anything if someone wants to sell his flat?
    CommentQuote
    thanx yu guys a lot.i have almost decided about lodha casa rio.is it bad idea???i am guessing value of my 1 BHK will be 1 cr after 15 yrs.:D

25 lakh to 1 cr in 15yr is just 9.7% return. Same can be achieved in investing in liquid assets like FD, MF, Stocks.
    CommentQuote
  • No Abhishek.. choice of tiles will cost you money.. balcony bigger.. how is that possible.. do u think they give areas free..
    the only thing you can do it.. change the layout slightly by putting the brick walls where you want..
    about tiles and everything.. the only thing u can do is not ask the builder to put his tiles.. (no discounts) and get ur own tiles (more money)..

Originally Posted by Abhishekkk
    Hello Dr Amit yes you are right if you go for an under construction site it would be much cheaper and also another plus point to it is you can customize your property according to your own need for example you can have your own choice of tiles..if u want your balcony to be a lil bigger you can get that done etc..etc...as you are looking from an investment point of view do check out more options before you finalize anything...you can check a lot of options here Mumbai Flat for Sale

Thanks
    Abhishek
    CommentQuote
  • At 25 lac you'll get flats in Panvel, Kalyan, some projects in Virar, Pal, Boisar, etc. I don't think that the rental market in these region is comparable to that of Mumbai in terms of volume, people working in Mumbai would rather buy a flat in these emerging regions. As people suggested, you could invest in Shahapur, land prices in Shahapur and surrounding regions like Khardi, etc has appreciated a lot.
    Also taking a loan for buying a flat in an emerging location for investment purpose is something I wouldn't advice one to do, mutual funds, fixed deposits are better options IMO (you won't have any debt too)
    CommentQuote
  • am getin 1 bhk resale flat in casa bella for 23 lacs.just flat cost and stilt parking.isnt it a DEAL????am planing to take 15 lac loan.
    CommentQuote
    am getin 1 bhk resale flat in casa bella for 23 lacs.just flat cost and stilt parking.isnt it a DEAL????am planing to take 15 lac loan.

23 lacs for 1 bhk in dombivali, why do you think it is a deal. Dont expect any deals in this complicated and competitive housing market.
    As an investment, I do not think it is very good investment. But it is your money so you decide what suits you best.
    CommentQuote
  • which bank loan shud i consider??i was thinking about SBI.what about HDFC?
    CommentQuote