As govt is in process the order to pay on carpet area and not on built up or super built up area....it my request to pass this order as soon as possible as the person who is in need of buying an home can buy home for their living.....

It my humble request to Real Estate Regulatory Authority to pass this order to pay on carpert area....this will help many needy peoples to buy home.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Carpet/Built up wrangle

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge according to government rules, builder is supposed to take money on Carpet area only but they bully/manipulate the consumer to pay for the builtup, which is way too much of area than the carpet area.

I went to see a flat in YARI road, andheri in a newly constructed building. I was told the builtup is 665 and carpet is 430. Later, I measured up the room/hall/kitchen/bathroom which comes up to around 330. Just because it is bright in there with big windows, it looks a bigger place.

Now, since I like the place, I dont know how to address this.

Wondering how to go about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Builders will just raise the rates and bring in all the price in the carpet area/sqft.
    CommentQuote
  • Discussion on Rates Based on Carpet Area ONLY

Dear Mods,
    I think, the least we can do to support the good initiatives of the Indian Government, is to ALLOW discussions here based on carpet area ONLY, "built up" and "super built up" should only be allowed if used in the context of carpet area(as the trend takes some time to catch on and until people feel the need for a reference to the older system).

We have numerous discussions here where we have people being fed up of other sources e.g. newspapers, tv channels, some websites and even some government agencies using the built up/super built up calculations.

Lets get our house together first, lets be the first ones to actually "walk the walk" etc..

I am more than happy if the mods would like to make this a poll to get a feel from the forum users, not sure how to do this myself though.

For the users who feel that "it does not make a difference as final amount we pay will be the same whether the price is quoted in built up or super built up or carpet area", the answer is...

1. with carpet area one can compare like for like, project A vs project B, without the distortions introduced by differing methods(even fraudulent sometimes) used to calculate built up/super builtup
    2. whether we understand it or not completely, the mind "likes" 1000 sq ft(super built up) better than 650 sq ft(carpet area) and are willing to automatically pay a higher price for it.
    similarly 10,000 per sq ft(in super built up area terms) sounds better than 13,500 per sq ft(in carpet area).
    the perceived value changes...little tricks of the mind that work against the "mango people"
    3. it absolute boggles the mind that we continue to perpetuate a system atleast on here(I can understand builders using it as its in there interest or old habit die hard etc)

Please all the senior members, express yourself, if you support that IREF should implement this, maybe we will even press for housing.com in future to do this, but baby steps first...

Cheers,

Ghongati
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ghongati
    Dear Mods,
    I think, the least we can do to support the good initiatives of the Indian Government, is to ALLOW discussions here based on carpet area ONLY, "built up" and "super built up" should only be allowed if used in the context of carpet area(as the trend takes some time to catch on and until people feel the need for a reference to the older system).

We have numerous discussions here where we have people being fed up of other sources e.g. newspapers, tv channels, some websites and even some government agencies using the built up/super built up calculations.

Lets get our house together first, lets be the first ones to actually "walk the walk" etc..

I am more than happy if the mods would like to make this a poll to get a feel from the forum users, not sure how to do this myself though.

For the users who feel that "it does not make a difference as final amount we pay will be the same whether the price is quoted in built up or super built up or carpet area", the answer is...

1. with carpet area one can compare like for like, project A vs project B, without the distortions introduced by differing methods(even fraudulent sometimes) used to calculate built up/super builtup
    2. whether we understand it or not completely, the mind "likes" 1000 sq ft(super built up) better than 650 sq ft(carpet area) and are willing to automatically pay a higher price for it.
    similarly 10,000 per sq ft(in super built up area terms) sounds better than 13,500 per sq ft(in carpet area).
    the perceived value changes...little tricks of the mind that work against the "mango people"
    3. it absolute boggles the mind that we continue to perpetuate a system atleast on here(I can understand builders using it as its in there interest or old habit die hard etc)

Please all the senior members, express yourself, if you support that IREF should implement this, maybe we will even press for housing.com in future to do this, but baby steps first...

Cheers,

Ghongati

There r many similar discussions going on in many sub-forums, search for them . Too many threads with similar discussions dilutes the primary content & defeats the very purpose of it .
    CommentQuote
  • Dear MANOJa;
    I am completely with you on multiple threads etc.

Here I am asking IREF to actually take some ACTION i.e. "ALLOW discussions here based on carpet area ONLY, "built up" and "super built up" should only be allowed if used in the context of carpet area"

If users are found to be using super built up they should be intimated about IREF's preferences.

HTH.
    Ciao,

Ghongati
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ghongati
    Dear MANOJa;
    I am completely with you on multiple threads etc.

Here I am asking IREF to actually take some ACTION i.e. "ALLOW discussions here based on carpet area ONLY, "built up" and "super built up" should only be allowed if used in the context of carpet area"

If users are found to be using super built up they should be intimated about IREF's preferences.

HTH.
    Ciao,

Ghongati

I am also saying something similar . There r many threads where Carpet area is of prime concern .

We really cannot police threads to the level of allowing discussions based on carpet area only . Members may bring up many relevant topics connected to the topic of the thread/discussion and we cannot limit or restrict the scope of the discussions in the beginning .
    CommentQuote