Hi Guyes,
Need your help please..,

I have booked a flat in Dec 2007 in NIRMAL Polaris project (Mulund west) - "Buiding B" project in Dec 2007. At the time of booking, they said that occupation / possesion will be by October 2010. I am basically an NRI and working in Gulf and invested in this project as Investment. But the project is already (as on today) by 9 months and still they are saying the possesion will be by Dec 2011.

Unfortunately, I have no job and now want to stay in India till I find another job, and having no home. I have paid 95% payment. Can someone advise me (1) What is the actual work status (2) Course of action I should take with Nirmal.

Thank you somuch for you support. You advise and support in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Read more
47 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It’s so surprising; there is no law against such delays by builder.
    CommentQuote
  • But Arshu & Umesh could u let me know if possession date is mentioned in your agreement.My relative has booked in Zircon project of his and that project is delayed by 3 years.My relative has got June 2013 as the possession date in agreement.
    If possession date is mentioned and delay is not due to BMC rules then u have a case on hand.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by umeshmw
    what can be done, everytime dey extend the possesion date? have booked the flat in 2008 & paid 95%... reply

All sale agreements are guided by MOFA law. This contains a clause of delay in possession. Pls. check that, understand it's legal implications and act accordingly.
    CommentQuote
  • Nirmal Life Style is throwing their reputation

Originally Posted by aamir
    But Arshu & Umesh could u let me know if possession date is mentioned in your agreement.My relative has booked in Zircon project of his and that project is delayed by 3 years.My relative has got June 2013 as the possession date in agreement.
    If possession date is mentioned and delay is not due to BMC rules then u have a case on hand.

No, Amir. Its not mentioned. I have copy of their leaflet which is describing as Oct 2010 as possesion time.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear arshu

If u had the possession date in the agreement then you had a strong case.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the stauts of possession?

Arshu11,

What is the status of possession now? I am being offered a good view investor's flat in this project at a very attractive rate.

I am looking for ready possession property 3 BHK in Mulund West only.

Any updates with regard to possession will be great help.

I respect Aamir's suggestion, but the location of project is inclining me to go for this property.

PS: No offence Aamir as I can see 90% of your posts are against Nirmal.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr Sailor

My comments are based on hard facts and not on loose stories.Go ask any broker in Mulund and prove me wrong.
    I have nothing against Nirmals.Neither do I represent any of their rival builders.My only intention is that innocent people should not go through the hardships what other people have suffered in getting their flats.

My intent is only to forewarn people.The ultimate decision is for buyers to take.They have to do research on their own.U can read my comments or just avoid it. I have no problems with that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sailor
    Arshu11,

What is the status of possession now? I am being offered a good view investor's flat in this project at a very attractive rate.

I am looking for ready possession property 3 BHK in Mulund West only.

Any updates with regard to possession will be great help.

I respect Aamir's suggestion, but the location of project is inclining me to go for this property.

PS: No offence Aamir as I can see 90% of your posts are against Nirmal.

Aamir is right..I would also suggest to stay away from Nirmal..Reason is if you search the net or discuss with people offline (i have lot of people staying in mulund and all say he is the worst of all builders by big margin :))...The percentage of people abusing him is at least 4-5 times more than people appreciating him (frankly i haven't met anyone in this category yet)...My logic is - No one would abuse someone so hard unless hurt very badly..Rest is individual's choice...
    CommentQuote
  • arshu11 is there any news of possession? The Agent is coaxing me to close the deal soon. Please advise soon as I am in a dilemma....
    CommentQuote
  • Dont go for it. My friend bought this property in 2006 and is crying everyday for the decision he has taken. So u see we now are in 2013. Do your judgement as which project takes 6 yrs to complete.
    CommentQuote
  • Nirmal polaris ....

Originally Posted by Ken1020
    Dont go for it. My friend bought this property in 2006 and is crying everyday for the decision he has taken. So u see we now are in 2013. Do your judgement as which project takes 6 yrs to complete.

I disagree with you KEN1020. You are right that Nirmal is spoiling his immage by delaying their project, but the appreciation is good. I also bought a flat in 2007 but 5950. Today the appreciation is more than double @13000 minimum (already have an offer).

Yes if you have better option and need it for immediate use (short term gain or stay), you may look for other project. NIRMAL is a brand ...its unfortunate that they are working on so many project without completing earlier ones. Hope I replied your querry.

Please do share current status if have some
    CommentQuote
  • But all this appreciation is only on paper. U do not benefit from this appreciation until u get possession of the flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arshu11
    I disagree with you KEN1020. You are right that Nirmal is spoiling his immage by delaying their project, but the appreciation is good. I also bought a flat in 2007 but 5950. Today the appreciation is more than double @13000 minimum (already have an offer).

Yes if you have better option and need it for immediate use (short term gain or stay), you may look for other project. NIRMAL is a brand ...its unfortunate that they are working on so many project without completing earlier ones. Hope I replied your querry.

Please do share current status if have some

So you do agree that the builder has promised and not delivered after sitting with 95% of consumers money. The project which was to be ready by 2010 is not yet completed and wont be in first half of 2013. As far as Nirmal 'Brand' is concerned. It takes years to build Brands provided you give the right service, quality products, adhere to commitment and ofcourse spend on advertising to create the right perception in consumers mind.
    But the builder choosed to cheat people so it wont take much time for that brand to have negative publicity and go down the tube. As people are suffering and wont keep quite.
    If you question the builder about the delay he blankly says if you cant wait sell the flat to us we will pay Rs 7500 psf. So you see its a game he is playing with innocent people's hard earned money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ken1020
    So you do agree that the builder has promised and not delivered after sitting with 95% of consumers money. The project which was to be ready by 2010 is not yet completed and wont be in first half of 2013. As far as Nirmal 'Brand' is concerned. It takes years to build Brands provided you give the right service, quality products, adhere to commitment and ofcourse spend on advertising to create the right perception in consumers mind.
    But the builder choosed to cheat people so it wont take much time for that brand to have negative publicity and go down the tube. As people are suffering and wont keep quite.
    If you question the builder about the delay he blankly says if you cant wait sell the flat to us we will pay Rs 7500 psf. So you see its a game he is playing with innocent people's hard earned money.

Dear Ken1020, first of all, highly appreciate that atleast one person had comeforward and raising the concern so honestly. I have made this thread and repeatedly invited all the investors to come forward and lets form our investors group. We can together decide action plan and raise our case strongly to Nirmal and if nothing happens, approach to SEBI (not sure whther they are thr right one). Please share your openion if you have better ways to takle this. I am at disposal for any suggestion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aamir
    But all this appreciation is only on paper. U do not benefit from this appreciation until u get possession of the flat.

I had an offer from one investor. He offered me 1.3Cr for my 1116 sqft (2Bhk). But I had no choice but to refuse it since I am looking for this flat for my own living purpose. This is the why I said about this appreciation.
    I even did my registeration and stamp duty from day one.

Lets hope Inshallah, things goes well and we get the possesion soon. I was in site in Dec 2nd week and they said they will be handing over the flat keys for Tower-A peoples by Dec 30. Any idea whether its real ?? I guess unless they don't finish tower-A (which was started 1 year before Tower-B), they will never be able to focuss on B and give us possesion.
    CommentQuote